San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There is a HUGE space between some one who is college educated and a woman in poverty that needs saving! What you are doing is has a name...it is called "all or nothing" thinking. It doesn't see all the grey area in between most options. Either a woman is a "scientist" OR she is in poverty and unintelligent....can you see the problem with your thinking? Actually, most of the female population exists in this particular gray area..

Well.......you got me again! My mother always told me that I did things to the extreme.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There is a HUGE space between some one who is college educated and a woman in poverty that needs saving! What you are doing is has a name...it is called "all or nothing" thinking. It doesn't see all the grey area in between most options. Either a woman is a "scientist" OR she is in poverty and unintelligent....can you see the problem with your thinking? Actually, most of the female population exists in this particular gray area..

One of these dreams
One of these lost and lonely dreams
We're gonna find one
One that really screams

I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
Of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
In sight

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Having a smart woman doesn't matter. Neither does being beautiful and all that stuff. All that matters is her heart. You can marry a person with a IQ of 210 and it doesn't mean they will be a loving person. I know this because I dated a woman with an IQ above 200. If anything being so smart she seemed almost mental. Which commonly is the stereotype with those with high IQs.

My IQ was 147 I believe before my brain injury. I hopefully wasn't to mental lol.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Having a smart woman doesn't matter. Neither does being beautiful and all that stuff. All that matters is her heart. You can marry a person with a IQ of 210 and it doesn't mean they will be a loving person. I know this because I dated a woman with an IQ above 200. If anything being so smart she seemed almost mental. Which commonly is the stereotype with those with high IQs.

My IQ was 147 I believe before my brain injury. I hopefully wasn't to mental lol.

Well....that is your opinon,and I respect your opinon.

But I was married to a woman who was not smart. About 3 weeks into our marriage,she told me,"I am going to drive you (me) nuts!" I showed her the patience of Job for six years,six l-l-l-l-ong years!

One time we were stopped at a red light.She was driving. She asked me ,"Do I make a right turn?" I said,"No,just go straight" Well,she proceeded to go straight before the light turned green. A truck was comming towards us! I was on the side of the car in which the truck was comming straight at us!. The truck driver let us go through the intersection against the red light.

I asked her,"What are you doing?" She said,"Well,you told me to go straight." I told her,"Yes!,but you do have to wait until the light turns green. Earlier this year,you were worried about me going to Israel by myself. I was in no danger of getting killed in Israel, because you are going to kill me.....here!"

As I told Blackribbon,when I was in college,and two of my professors were husband and wife,with two boys,I wanted my kids to have that same advantage of having two college educated parents. Being smart matters to .........me,because I wanted the best for my kids. Is that too much to want or to ask?
Now,I have no wife and no kids. On Fathers Day,at my church,my Pastor usually asks for all of the fathers to stand up. Here I am,almost 60 years old,and I am not standing up. Then,some of the women look at me as if I was a freak,or an alien from another planet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Upvote 0

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One time we were stopped at a red light.She was driving. She asked me ,"Do I make a right turn?" I said,"No,just go straight" Well,she proceeded to go straight before the light turned green. A truck was comming towards us! I was on the side of the car in which the truck was comming straight at us!. The truck driver let us go through the intersection against the red light.

I asked her,"What are you doing?" She said,"Well,you told me to go straight." I told her,"Yes!,but you do have to wait until the light turns green.

Sounds like anxiety/stress to me.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well....that is your opinon,and I respect your opinon.

But I was married to a woman who was not smart. About 3 weeks into our marriage,she told me,"I am going to drive you (me) nuts!" I showed her the patience of Job for six years,six l-l-l-l-ong years!

No you didn't. Job didn't ever stop having patience...(at it was God who had patience with Job because although he stayed dedicated, he sure complained a lot).

College education isn't a measure of "smartness" or intelligence and it isn't genetic. Just make sure your lady can "think" before you ask her to marry her and then you will be just fine.

(And if this was your second wife....again...SHE WAS MENTALLY ILL and not getting treatment...the same as you having diabetes and not bothering with your insulin treatment. If her thinking wasn't straight...go without your insulin for a couple days and then eat a cupcake and see what kind of decisions you make).

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh,come on! LOL, I no longer feel sorry for myself in that situation.By the way,today is Vanetine's Day. I have no one to treat,and no one will treat me. Therefore,after work today,I am going to treat myself to a soak in a jacuzzi,and an one hour full body massage!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh,come on! LOL, I no longer feel sorry for myself in that situation.By the way,today is Vanetine's Day. I have no one to treat,and no one will treat me. Therefore,after work today,I am going to treat myself to a soak in a jacuzzi,and an one hour full body massage!:clap:

Also,I am going to get some Chinese food,go home and watch a couple of episodes from M*A*S*H. That would be good for me.

As Proverbs,one of my favorite books of the Bible,says in 17:22

A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Laughter is like medicine. So,I am going to watch some M*A*S*H to medicate myself.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like pretty good medicine.

My last GF and I broke up last Valentine's Day. It wasn't planned, but she knew my heart wasn't in the relationship like it had been. Guess I don't want to type the whole story. But last night I went to a friend's home, where 9 gathered. 2 were pagan, one had been an atheist then found she had a connection with God thru sex and has been seeking to understand this for a couple of years, a very smart articulate woman. An ex Christian minister who had had his Sufi GF pass away a few months earlier. She had taught him compassion. An other guy who was interested in Sufism. A woman who describers herself as as an empath. We had an amazingly spiritual and personal sharing of our lives for 2.5 hrs as we sat on the floor with blankets over our feet to keep warm, a fire in the fire place and some strawberries to eat.

That was my Valentine evening.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I took a quiz and listened to a lecture to prepare us for next week's Midterm. She let us out early because she had a date with her BF...so I spent the next couple hours studying how to clean a tracheostomy tube. Oh boy, for joy.

I can only imagine that was not pretty.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It isn't pretty but at least mucous is usually odor free. The hardest part is when you suction a tube, the patient can't breath for those few moments. That has to be very scary for them even though they will be able to breath better after we are done. Right now I'm on a manikin...but after I pass the skills test next Friday, I can and will have to do it on live patients. I've watch it done before and it can be messy. I don't hate this because it really makes the patient's life so much better. It is complicated further because trach patients often can't talk...and that is almost just as frustrating and scary as not being able to breath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Exit:
If God sent you a lovely Christian woman who was pretty and nice with a great personality but wasn't so smart and not literate in science, how would you feel about that?

I would feel as if I was cheated. But,I would be willing to accept her now.
As I said before,about 30 years ago,I wanted my kids to have a smart daddy and a smart mommy. Was I asking,and wishing for too much? Wisdom is more valuble than rubies.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had an IQ of 152 (or was it 148?) before my brain injury. What I learned about being smart is as christian it causes to many issues. You question things to much, think you are better then everyone else, seem to think everyone around is dumb. I wasn't that terrible about it but I certainly don't miss being that smart.

My IQ may be at 109 now and I may be unable to work and think clearly. But I'd take it over having a high IQ again. I did try and date a woman who had a IQ of 212. I felt like I was with someone with mental issues. Turns out she did have them. Which I hear is common with higher IQs. Like I said I don't miss it.

My soon to be wife is smart, but not super smart. Shes from the Philippines and shes kind of... not as well educated as our kids are here. But I still would rather be with her because what she may not have in smarts, she makes up for in unending love, gentleness, compassion, godliness and beauty. :)

Upvote 0