Apr 4, 2006
✟15,307.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:groupray: I understand how you feel. I think what is most upsetting is when someone asks a question and people answer them by trying to argue and tell them they are wrong. I stay FAR away from threads and people like that. I don't ask some questions I would like to discuss with others because I know people will come in and tell me my beliefs are wrong or something like that. I always think these "people" must be miserable and unhappy. When we have the Spirit og G-d in us we are to be loving and treat people as we would like to be treated (respect, understanding, love, compassion, etc).
G-d bless you for your sweet spirit and I hope you have better time posting here in the future!:hug:

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Child_of_Yahweh said:
Why does everything have to turn into a debate?

Why can't you respond to someone's post who is looking for answers without getting "attacked" by those who disagree with what you posted?

Why can't you post a simple question to see others views in hopes that it will guide you in your OWN beliefs without getting GARBAGE from some who feel the need to just SPIT out whatever they want to start an arguement?

Why are there some so-called believers that just bite your head off when you are responding to someone else?

I don't understand some people. I am a friendly person and try to get along with most anyone but when I am attacked for absolutely nothing it makes me question why some people that are members here are even members of a CHRISTIAN FORUM to begin with.
:scratch:
Hey try this on for size -- try being the person to whom this crap gets DONE and THEN having a little organized clique of people constantly blame you for being the SOURCE of this kind of crap just because you're the one who pointed it OUT!!! That's where *I've* been "living" on this forum, and let me tell you, it's enough to make ME want to bite some heads off myself.

And then try being a naturally "thin skinned" and somewhat passionate person yourself, like I am, and having these people hound, harass, hunt down, harangue, put on "trial" and pick apart to pieces your EVERY word when you post looking for ANYTHING they can twist into something to find fault with, and then making YOU out to be the villian when you rightfully protest against the way they are treating you and then having them harrass, hound, harangue, hassle and CRUCIFY you over your use of a WORD just to describe something like that is the ONLY thing that matters in the ENTIRE FREAKING UNIVERSE and you are the most EVIL VICIOUS HORRIBLE CREATURE IN THE WORLD for DARING to call something what it really is. AND THEN when they have done all that and you are carefully exerting EVERY effort to NOT return offense for offense, to NOT bite their heads off when, lets' face it, they SOOOOO DESERVE IT ... try then posting something totally calm, objective, detached about the SUBJECT of the thread itself and having them jump all down your throat ALL OVER AGAIN trying to "read into it" any and every nasty thing they can so they will have something to supposedly "accuse" you about.

And then try bringing any of this up and having them all tell you YOU are the one making trouble!!!!!! :mad:

Yeah try all that on for size!!! :mad: :help:

Upvote 0

TheAJKMan

The High Chocolate Llama
Mar 15, 2006
South Africa
✟23,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rick Otto said:
can we assume you have strong feelings about this?^_^

What!? You called something what it really is?
How tacky! & I thought you were krishtyun!:D

Moriah, shall I hold him down whilst you beat him up ;) *ng*

TheAJKMan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kenneth558

Believer in the Invisible
Aug 1, 2003
Omaha, NE
Visit site
✟19,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the more serious side of this post - I lost my sense of humor this morning while observing 2 oral surgeries for school requirements :sick: . Anyway, just today, 20 months into my dental hygiene program, I have become convinced of a major cause of people treating me so mean over the years. It is their alcohol consumption! I was able to piece together the evidence finally because I have about 18 people (all females, 14 students, 4 instructors, BTW) who I have had to associate closely with for 20 months. They have treated me the worst I have been treated in all my life, some more than others. Even the instructors refused to tell me why they abused me. But today it all fell into place when I pondered the fact that the worst student offender was also going to have her license application reviewed by the state dental board for multiple "minor in possession" crimes on her criminal record. At first for a couple weeks, I didn't see the connection, but today when I considered how much I have heard the 18 of them talk about drinking, I realized that there is an extremely close relationship between the amount of their affection for alcohol and the amount of abuse they have given me! A notable piece of supporting evidence was one student who had treated me better than all the rest...until she turned 21 and started partying with the others. I then thought back over many years of my life and realized this holds true generally in many other instances. When I told my wife of this discovery, she (a psych nurse) added another piece to the puzzle because she has noticed that her patients that have acquired alcohol-related dementia are also the meanest patients she has to deal with.

You all can come to your own conclusions, but it finally makes sense to me.

Upvote 0

gennfamily

May 24, 2006
✟15,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Child_of_Yahweh said:
Why does everything have to turn into a debate?

Why can't you respond to someone's post who is looking for answers without getting "attacked" by those who disagree with what you posted?

Why can't you post a simple question to see others views in hopes that it will guide you in your OWN beliefs without getting GARBAGE from some who feel the need to just SPIT out whatever they want to start an arguement?

Why are there some so-called believers that just bite your head off when you are responding to someone else?

Why is it that just because someone sees my screename has the name Yahweh in it that they "assume" that I am a non-believer in the Almighty God or that I am a wacko and belive that others that DON'T use His name are non-believers?

Why is it there there is an option to change your font size and color and people even make RUDE remarks about what you use?

I don't understand some people. I am a friendly person and try to get along with most anyone but when I am attacked for absolutely nothing it makes me question why some people that are members here are even members of a CHRISTIAN FORUM to begin with.
:wave: hi! I wish I knew how to change my font here-yours is great:thumbsup: I absolutely love that we don't have to be an orthodox jew to talk about Yahweh although I have to admitt that I feel like a little kid using my Dads first name when I do it:cool: and I REALLY love honestly being able to tell a sib in Christ that I think you are great.:D Ignore the haters. who knows, a severe bout of pms or post traumatic stress or even sheer not being Christian-one woman was really mean to me on a fellowship thread for no reason. I was all set to get up in arms and ask her why when I noticed her faith icon was non-christian. you never know.:groupray:

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like they were a little meaner than some of the pastors & church-folk you've met.

Ask your wife if her being a psych nurse realy helps her get along with you.:sorry:

genn,
I get that same feeling.

I haven't been able to get my name off the Michael Rood mailing list since participating in The Prophecy Club over 5yrs ago. He's nuts about anything Jewish. Here's a good description of him w/links:
http://www.isitso.org/guide/roodawaken.html

We got a lot of "Hebrew fans" in this area.:)

Upvote 0

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My short and pat answer would be to say that they just aren't being very Christian. The second greatest commandment, only after "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart..." is that you love your neighbor as yourself. I know that at times I've been a little less than loving but I really hope that I haven't made a habit of this.

The thing that gets my goat both in this forum and outside in the "real world" is when I get told I am being judgemental and getting the verse which says, "Judge not lest ye be judged" thrown in my face. Grrrrr. I'll give you a hypothetical example.

Lets say that it says somewhere that, "Thou shalt not dance with sheep." (I'm using something that I know is not in there because I do not want to get a debate started). It is my opinion that if the New Testament of the Bible includes a reference to not dancing with sheep, we should not dance with sheep.

Now lets say that I know a group of sheep dancers. I feel it is my duty to witness to these sheep dancers and give them scriptural references as to why this is wrong and to help them along their path so that they might know God better. If these sheep dancers reject me and the word of God, however, then at that point, I would do as Matthew 10:14 says which is dust my feet off and go to the next one.

I'll tell you, I personally do not care what people do with sheep. It is really none of my business. Once I have witnessed and been rejected, that is pretty much it. Now why, oh why, I ask you after all this am I being judgemental because I refuse to associate with these sheep dancers? I don't hate them. I don't hate anyone. But I feel that associating with sinners who have rejected the word of God will only bring me down. What say you?
[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear ya, genn.
If ya dance with sheep you'll need to remove more than dust off your shoes!^_^

But seriously, why would you love EVerybody? God doesn't.
Wanna debate?
genn: Yes He does!
Otto: No He doesn't!
genn: Does too!
Otto: Does not!
genn: Does!
Otto:Not!

"Whew", that was good 'n!^_^

Should we report ourselves?

Upvote 0

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rick Otto said:
I hear ya, genn.
If ya dance with sheep you'll need to remove more than dust off your shoes!^_^

But seriously, why would you love EVerybody? God doesn't.
Wanna debate?
genn: Yes He does!
Otto: No He doesn't!
genn: Does too!
Otto: Does not!
genn: Does!
Otto:Not!

"Whew", that was good 'n!^_^

Should we report ourselves?
Mr. Otto, I must confess that I am a bit confused. I know God hates sin but does he also hate the sinner? No need for a debate here, just an explaination if you will.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
atlasshrugged said:
Mr. Otto, I must confess that I am a bit confused. I know God hates sin but does he also hate the sinner? No need for a debate here, just an explaination if you will.

i think so ........... it is not sin that is sent to hell...........

Upvote 0

YellowSapphire

Optimism Through Christ
May 18, 2006
✟16,023.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
There are people who seem to think their faith isn't "real" until they can get other people to concede their point.

There will be disagreements between Christians. None of that is as important as what we have in common. The key is accepting this and treating those you disagree with as what they are-- your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0