Why are so many still in the elementary principles of Christ

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We must return to the basics at every failure to go beyond them.
But if we keep returning to the basics, and keep failing, should that not raise a red flag to us that we are not learning what we are supposed to be learning, thus sending us in an unending loop?

And if this is the case, should we not be on our faces before our God, beseeching Him to show us our error so that we can indeed grow up into Him in all things?

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be honest... The book of acts believers had No new testiment
They had the Holy Spirit faith and obedience.
Amen to that. We have been led down a path as modern Christians thinking that if we increase our head knowledge, we will be fine. Our current state should show us the folly of such a path.

Our problem is not our heads, but our hearts. i believe that a man with little knowledge of the scriptures, but with a heart longing for Jesus to live in Him, and guide Him into all truth will far surpass the one content to memorize scripture, study the original languages, and fill his head with spiritual knowledge.

Are doctrines not important? Of course they are! They are the skeletons on which the meat, sinew and muscle of the gospel grows. But without life found only in abiding in Him, they are just..... hmmmmmm..... dry bones.

Live, bones, live.

blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be honest... The book of acts believers had No new testiment
They had the Holy Spirit faith and obedience.

But they were still admonish to know the scriptures they did have.

Reactions: Justme77777
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All the knowing on earth accomplishes nothing.if there is no obedient doing...there is only self deception.

I did mean obedience as well. I apologize for lack of clarification.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Justme77777
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hehe you've been saying this for years and years, still hasn't happened. you remind me of a pastor I had years ago always promising change and incredible things were just around the corner but none of it ever happened.. dangling a carrot in front of the donkey that the poor old donkey could never eat... empty words sir that is what I see in many of your posts - promising the world but delivering nothing. just like that old pastor.

and yep I come back to this forum years later and you're still promising it's just round the corner... promises promises hehe.

glad I moved on from that old pastor, poor guy. so stuck looking at a future that would never happen that he missed what God is doing now.
As far as your carrot-on-the-stick metaphor, what is being offered by our God is real. He lets us EaT the carrot! LOL. Heck, I have been walking for 12 years so far in what I received, and was asked to share, and I can say that God’s promises to us are real, and as we trust God that He means what He says, we discover what real really means. Really!☺️

If you compare what I am sharing now with what I began sharing more than ten years ago, do you know what you will find? The message of reckoning ourselves dead to our old nature and literally “putting on” our new nature by faith, it simply does not change. It does not evolve. It is the very foundation of our faith life.

Do I tire at times of sharing again and again with little seed sprouting? Every now and then. BUT... here is the thing, when I write about the truth that sets free indeed, my eyes read what I write, and amazingly, I get ministered to! My faith grows! But that is what truth does.

I have spent many hours typing away, and yes, I am aware that I am a bit “verbose”, lol, but do not regret a minute of it. My calling is simply to obey and share. What happens to readers is between them and God, and the fact God is letting me be a small part of the sowing process humbles me.

This is NOT my message. It is His... to us. He has made us new. But we must put on that newness by faith. And before that, we must be brought to the point where we HATE our fallen nature, the old US.

He has made us light in the Lord. But because we have not truly believed it, we find it impossible to walk as children of light.

He has delivered us from the power of darkness. But until we believe that the old us, our fallen fleshy nature, is dead, we will never walk in that victory.

All that is about to change. Yes, lol, I am still sharing that we are about to be awakened to who we really are. This truth finally believed will allow us to truly abide in Him where we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, and by abiding in Him as new creatures, we discover that fruits of Jesus’ character begin to grow in us. Inside newness growing outward! Glory!

And when that happens, I fully expect that those children of God who thought I was flat-out nuts, will walk on the same highway of holiness as I have been graced to do and the only I-told-you-so will be a beaming smile and a shout of joy for them.

Blessings to you, sister,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the carrot on the end of a stick is what is being offered by you not God bro, promising just round the corner there is 'awakening' etc hehe... whatever. I have no time for empty promises like you've offered for years that never happens.

God doesnt do that, when He offers freedom it is there right then .. not coming in the future but it has come right now in Christ. .

i have no doubt you are ministered to by the sound of your own voice, but to most of us its hot air mate.
Well, that went over like a lead balloon, lol.

Have a nice day. ☺️

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great examples of still being in the elementary.

It's helpful to those who have not accepted Christ or have not had redemptive realities taught to them, but to the countless millions who are walking free of their past, they need something more.

2Peter 1:
5 But also for this very reason,giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
It doesn't just happen suddenly like a cherry falling off the tree into your mouth. Some have forgotten the they were (past tense) cleaned from their old sins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think about the history of this forum. 90% or more is speaking directly to what the writer of Hebrews is saying we should leave.

Hi legacy. We can't leave it. There seems to be no agreement on what the elementary principles of Christ are. There are new gospels being floated around, seeming new revelations, putting the teachings of man on the same level as the word of God. IMO instead of the new we should be seeking the old. We should be seeking illumination of the word of God, rather than new revelation from Matthew seven fifteen characters. If anyone comes preaching another Jesus, another gospel or operating in a different Spirit many seem to put up with it easily enough.

This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.' (Jeremiah 6:16).

The ancient paths, the good way. The true gospel of Jesus Christ and the truth of God's word. Go back, stand on the firm foundation. Toss the garbage. God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi legacy. We can't leave it. There seems to be no agreement on what the elementary principles of Christ are.

Sure we can. And just because people disagree doesn’t mean that what the writer of Hebrews listed is wrong.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The issue is that they do not yet know the 6 elementary principles of the doctrine of Christ.
The text states that the higher doctrines will be built upon and constructed with the elementary doctrines. The "If God permits" is contingent upon your knowing and understanding those 6. There is a genuine danger to you if you fail to hold and understand those basics. If you have bad construction material, it will be magnified worse if you try to use it to build something higher.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had an online correspondence course back in the mid 90s teaching these basic 6 elementary principles of the doctrine of Christ. I have also several books on the subject.
These doctrines are listed in Hebrews 6.

Hebrews 6
1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.

1. foundation of repentance from dead works, and

2. (foundation) of faith toward God,
3. doctrine of baptisms, and
4. (doctrine) of laying on of hands, and
5. (doctrine) of resurrection of the dead, and

6. (doctrine) of eternal judgment.

There is really no mystery as to what the doctrines are.
I have spent over 26 years teaching and debating this subject because of it's immense importance. The seriousness of this topic is found in the phrase "this will we do" (that is, go on to the mature doctrines) "if God permit."
This means if you do not learn and can articulate these 6 basic elementary doctrines, then He may not allow you to proceed to the mature doctrines. And for good reason.
I have debated heresy hunters on line. One of the first things I quiz them on to establish their qualifications to be doctors of the truth is "what are the fundamental truths of the doctrine of Christ?"
Without exception they did not even know the 6 titles listed above. At that point I knew they were not qualified to judge anyone else's teachings.
Learn them. I would also suggest Derek Prince's series "Foundation Truths"
I do not hesitate to say this:
If you do not know the basics.. you are not going to be permited to go on to maturity!!!!

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James tells us that works is the evidence of faith. Maybe the church needs to teach more about works. The world certainly can use more good works.
But if we teach on works, it is a slippery slope back into subtle legalism.

What connects faith to works that follow? Abiding in Christ! We are promised we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh there. We are assured we will bear much fruit there. But who teaches the children of God as to how to abide?

That is what is lacking, and the first step is to admit we do not know how. It should be obvious to us, shouldn't it? LOL. Most DO fulfill the lusts of the flesh and DO NOT bear much fruit, the works of righteousness James spoke of.

This should cause us great alarm, yet just like the Laodecians, we think we have need of nothing. All that is about to change, and it will be glorious. But between then and now, a lot of tears are going to be shed. Thank God, those who sow in tears WILL reap in joy.

We are about to learn how to walk as overcomers, not as the religious overcome. Thank God He will, and even now is beginning to draw us back to Him.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0