Why are mothers so harsh when brushing daughter's hair?

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If I leave my hair down, my kittens will attempt to "groom" me while I sleep and that's a HUGE mess to wake up to in the morning.
I'm trying to imagine that sight (the kittens, not the hair... lol)

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm trying to imagine that sight (the kittens, not the hair... lol)

imagine 2 6month old kittens who are unreasonably attached to their mama (me) trying to groom my hair during the night. Between the licking and the kneading...my hair is a mess in the morning!

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
imagine 2 6month old kittens who are unreasonably attached to their mama (me) trying to groom my hair during the night. Between the licking and the kneading...my hair is a mess in the morning!

With the kneading I'm surprised it's not part of the bedsheets (or is it?) ^_^

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
With the kneading I'm surprised it's not part of the bedsheets (or is it?) ^_^

Fortunately no...now if I could get them to stop getting my stuffed animals and hiding them under my bed too....

Its like having 2 ninja toddlers in the house without being able to corral them.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have two girls with very long and very thick hair. One is sensitive and one is not. One would probably think I'm harsh with my sensitive girl, I can use a brush and go slowly and barely work the brush through a tangle and she'll cry. I try to keep her hair in braids so it doesn't get too tangled...but she has some natural wave, so it doesn't always matter. I'm not purposely trying to hurt her-she just has a sensitive scalp.

Upvote 0

lww1204

Mar 31, 2015
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do my best, but sometimes I have her saying "ow ow ow!" My daughter is 2 and recently had her first hair cut, from halfway down her back, to about an inch below her shoulders. I do my best to treat her hair as well as I do my own-- comb it with a wide toothed comb before rinsing the conditioner out then don't comb again until it's dry; use detangler when I comb it in between washes; but she gets food in it and when it's a sticky mess... plus, she's 2. She won't sit for me long. But gosh do I try my hardest to be gentle!

Upvote 0