so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
and now to define the other end of the spectrum

(I LOL'd so hard when I read this cuz I used to be like this...)

nice guy:

A young male who will give up countless hours of his time listening to the problems of his very attractive female friends because they need someone to talk to about their apathetic, Baywatch jock of a boyfriend because no one else will listen or genuinely care. Although always surrounded by beautiful girls the nice guy can’t get a girlfriend or even facilitate the alleviation of certain “drives” because his “ordinary” physical appearance will forever be compared to the Baywatch beach bum’s. The nice guy would never capitalize on a vulnerable girl, objectify or cheat on a girl, he will go out of his way and bend over backwards to help his “friends” and will never ask for anything in return but no matter how intelligent, understanding, humorous, compassionate, trusting or loyal the nice guy is the female cohort will always pass him up and endure any length of abuse, objectification, apathy and cold-heartedness from a man if he has physical attractiveness, fashion, big muscles and chiseled facial features.

The nice guy will eventually realize that his dependability and empathy will never be appreciated and all his friendships with females are all one-sided. This coupled with years of watching girls go for tanned, muscular jerk-offs with nice cars while he desperately hopes someone will realize that how viable he actually is will spawn and incubate the nice guy’s insecurities and he will eventually abandon his views, dumb-down his speech, take-up weight-lifting and switch majors from cancer research with a minor in theoretical physics to playground management so he can devote his time to emulating Baywatch characters and football players so that he will one day be viewed as more than a “nice guy.”

Of everyone I know, the guy that gets the most play is also slightly below average in height and overweight. He doesn't even dress all that fashionably. He wouldn't be on Baywatch (when was this written, 1994?). What he does have is the gift of gab. He's charming and disarming and can smooth-talk the pants off of the finest women you can imagine. If you're really want to be wanted forget the gym and learn the subtle art of conversation.

Upvote 0

avi8tor

Jan 3, 2011
Central Florida
✟7,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of everyone I know, the guy that gets the most play is also slightly below average in height and overweight. He doesn't even dress all that fashionably. He wouldn't be on Baywatch (when was this written, 1994?). What he does have is the gift of gab. He's charming and disarming and can smooth-talk the pants off of the finest women you can imagine. If you're really want to be wanted forget the gym and learn the subtle art of conversation.

yeah it must have been older write-up.

but yeah duhhhh it's not always just about looks to hook up with the ladies (although it doesn't hurt), you also gotta have that "swag" and know how to talk a good game

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you believe that women want to treat men poorly, that they are all crazy, and that bad boys are more appealing because they are more likely to tolerate poor treatment? You need to rethink this theory.

It's been my experience with a lot of women (good girls and bad) actually, most of which do go crazy (for instance when they're overly emotional/confused/irritated) prefer to find a guy that'll tolerate their behaviour (the whole, if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best). The ones that aren't crazy per se, seem to be more apathetic and jaded.

Others which are happier most of the time still have their moments, and when they do feel comfortable enough to trust you with their feelings will expose this side of themselves.

Upvote 0
T

The Regenerate

I think a good woman (wise) wants to say "your the man, you know what to do, so do it baby." (and I want to hear it :))

And she really can't feel good saying this to a 'neudered' man, so she looks for someone with 'large stones'.

One of my favorite verses, and a reminder for me to 'grow a pair':

23:1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
So the guy couldn't break up with her?

I am trying to upload the link but it won't so if I missed how she was so bad that he kept her, I need some copy and paste from the link.

It wasn't that she was terrible - just a fool. Basically the story goes:

Brendan's wild and exciting to her. Rocker, long hair, in a band, different. That's why Nickles was attracted.

Under her "tutelage" and manipulation he "tames" considerably. The woman's dream realized - he changed for her. Now he has a better paying job, cut his hair, doesn't go out with the boys, doesn't play in a rock band etc etc..

And now she finds him boring and at the end of the article she finds herself attracted to another man who has the qualities Brendan used to have.

So a guy has to ask "Can I play with madness??"

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That story made me laugh lol. It is sad but remember being yourself is the best bet even if the woman hates it or try to mold you. It never works out. This is why I will not be tamed despite what people say RAWR! *Laser beams:idea:

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i think perhaps its because the so-called "good girl" isn't really that good after all. We're drawn to what we relate to. If someone relates to drama, they look for someone who can provide that for them. If someone can relate to rebelliousness, they look for someone who will allow them and encourage them to be rebellious. If someone wants to live a "good life" (whatever that means), they will look for someone who will help them sustain that lifestyle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Good point,but,how does one LEARN the art of subtle conversation? I am more than willing to learn. Where do I take this class,and how much does it cost? I would just LOVE to able to talk a very fine woman out of her pants. Do I have to "sell my soul" in order to possess this talent?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Good point,but,how does one LEARN the art of subtle conversation? I am more than willing to learn. Where do I take this class,and how much does it cost? I would just LOVE to able to talk a very fine woman out of her pants. Do I have to "sell my soul" in order to possess this talent?

Practice and observe people who know what they're doing. Every time you speak with someone, pay close attention to how they react at every stage. Take note of what worked and what didn't when remembering it later, like an athlete watching tape. It's also wise to learn about body language, that will tell you a LOT about how a person is feeling in general, and towards you in particular.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Practice and observe people who know what they're doing. Every time you speak with someone, pay close attention to how they react at every stage. Take note of what worked and what didn't when remembering it later, like an athlete watching tape. It's also wise to learn about body language, that will tell you a LOT about how a person is feeling in general, and towards you in particular.

I thank you for you advice. The next time,instead of thinking what to say next,I will do more OBSERVING than speaking.

Upvote 0

avi8tor

Jan 3, 2011
Central Florida
✟7,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

great advice! There is a fine line between being overbearing and not being aggressive enough, and that varies between different girls. You have to be good at reading people as the situation develops and adjusting your game accordingly. Also you need to be good at noticing who might be taking an interest in you and go from there. You see a girl glancing at you occasionally and smiling, talking to her friends, then it's go time.

You learn by doing. So get out there and get some practice!

Upvote 0