England
✟17,209.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't know, I'm just a sucker for the long-haired, wild (but with a good streak) rocker type which is weird since I'm so much the opposite of that.

;) Well, I fit the description nicely! How you doin'? :p

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Whenever these threads come up, no one takes the time to actually define what a "bad boy" is. :doh:

I think it's pretty common knowledge... each has their own unique style I suppose and women will define their experiences differently with them; but, in the end, it's wildly understood that those bad boys are heart-breakers.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
it's wildly understood that those bad boys are heart-breakers.
But "good boys" can also be heart-breakers. This whole thing seems like a false dichotomy.

Players, jerks, narcissists, bullies. Any or all of the above.

Okay that clearly helps. I do think there are some women out there who attracted to those types because they're probably use to being treated like crap, and don't feel they deserve a "good guy" and these are usually the same type of women who say "all men are pigs/jerks/dogs. etc. but they go for them anyways because that's what they're use to. Though I know that explanation won't sit well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But "good boys" can also be heart-breakers. This whole thing seems like a false dichotomy.

Okay that clearly helps. I do think there are some women out there who attracted to those types because they're probably use to being treated like crap, and don't feel they deserve a "good guy" though I know that explanation doesn't sit well with many of the guys here.

I tend to believe more women prefer to be able to treat guys like crap, well, not 'crap' per se; but they know that they're all crazy, and when they are comfortable enough to let loose around their guy they'll be all sorts of crazy and just expect the guy to take it. Bad boys don't really care, and may just turn around and treat her like crap for treating him like crap; and so you have a relationship where the female feels satisfied be being able to be herself.

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Whenever these threads come up, no one takes the time to actually define what a "bad boy" is. :doh:

If they did that then the thread would devolve into an argument about what 'bad boy' means, since it's different for everyone. I'm pretty sure social deviance is the common thread, however, for just about any definition of it. For some it's something as mundane as long hair that makes a bad boy, for others it's criminals and other major reprobates.

I tend to believe more women prefer to be able to treat guys like crap, well, not 'crap' per se; but they know that they're all crazy, and when they are comfortable enough to let loose around their guy they'll be all sorts of crazy and just expect the guy to take it. Bad boys don't really care, and may just turn around and treat her like crap for treating him like crap; and so you have a relationship where the female feels satisfied be being able to be herself.
So you believe that women want to treat men poorly, that they are all crazy, and that bad boys are more appealing because they are more likely to tolerate poor treatment? You need to rethink this theory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Socktastic

we have sinned in thought, word and deed
Jan 21, 2012
Somewhere.
✟18,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Are we talking people we assume to be bad boys owing to physical characteristics/style of dress/hobbies or bad boys as in actual personality traits?

People assume the men I date are "bad boys" because they're generally long haired, bearded motorcycle riders with a fondness for beer, heavy metal and tattoos. But that doesn't make them a "bad boy". It makes them fond of beer, tattoos, motorcycles and being hairy.

Personality wise ... there are certain aspects about certain personalities which can create an adrenaline rush, and that rush is good, but once the rush is gone what is there? Not a lot unless there's something more to it than that rush. But the rush is attractive at first, it's the same reason I go on roller coasters and skiing. The rush.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

avi8tor

Jan 3, 2011
Central Florida
✟7,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

well since you asked, I consulted the urban dictionary because it always 100% correct

bad boy:

A person, often of the male gender, who does things which will often be thought of as acts of coolness. The acts must be in scale so they aren't to serious nor to mommas boy. For example:

Robbing a bank - not bad boy (criminal)
Smoking in a non smoking area - bad boy

Frederik is in no way, what so ever a bad boy. Even if he is on facebook during class

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If they did that then the thread would devolve into an argument about what 'bad boy' means, since it's different for everyone. I'm pretty sure social deviance is the common thread, however, for just about any definition of it. For some it's something as mundane as long hair that makes a bad boy, for others it's criminals and other major reprobates.

I guess that's the issue, the whole thing is very subjective.

Upvote 0

avi8tor

Jan 3, 2011
Central Florida
✟7,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
and now to define the other end of the spectrum

(I LOL'd so hard when I read this cuz I used to be like this...)

nice guy:

A young male who will give up countless hours of his time listening to the problems of his very attractive female friends because they need someone to talk to about their apathetic, Baywatch jock of a boyfriend because no one else will listen or genuinely care. Although always surrounded by beautiful girls the nice guy can’t get a girlfriend or even facilitate the alleviation of certain “drives” because his “ordinary” physical appearance will forever be compared to the Baywatch beach bum’s. The nice guy would never capitalize on a vulnerable girl, objectify or cheat on a girl, he will go out of his way and bend over backwards to help his “friends” and will never ask for anything in return but no matter how intelligent, understanding, humorous, compassionate, trusting or loyal the nice guy is the female cohort will always pass him up and endure any length of abuse, objectification, apathy and cold-heartedness from a man if he has physical attractiveness, fashion, big muscles and chiseled facial features.

The nice guy will eventually realize that his dependability and empathy will never be appreciated and all his friendships with females are all one-sided. This coupled with years of watching girls go for tanned, muscular jerk-offs with nice cars while he desperately hopes someone will realize that how viable he actually is will spawn and incubate the nice guy’s insecurities and he will eventually abandon his views, dumb-down his speech, take-up weight-lifting and switch majors from cancer research with a minor in theoretical physics to playground management so he can devote his time to emulating Baywatch characters and football players so that he will one day be viewed as more than a “nice guy.”

Upvote 0
D

day time

I think it's pretty common knowledge... each has their own unique style I suppose and women will define their experiences differently with them; but, in the end, it's wildly understood that those bad boys are heart-breakers.
Yes we are, but we honestly don't mean to be. It's a risk the person takes.

That's what makes it edgy :)

Players, jerks, narcissists, bullies. Any or all of the above.
Those are douches .... yep this video explains their species wonderfully :~)

Upvote 0

Reminisce

Nov 3, 2011
✟1,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and now to define the other end of the spectrum

(I LOL'd so hard when I read this cuz I used to be like this...)

nice guy:

A young male who will give up countless hours of his time listening to the problems of his very attractive female friends because they need someone to talk to about their apathetic, Baywatch jock of a boyfriend because no one else will listen or genuinely care. Although always surrounded by beautiful girls the nice guy can’t get a girlfriend or even facilitate the alleviation of certain “drives” because his “ordinary” physical appearance will forever be compared to the Baywatch beach bum’s. The nice guy would never capitalize on a vulnerable girl, objectify or cheat on a girl, he will go out of his way and bend over backwards to help his “friends” and will never ask for anything in return but no matter how intelligent, understanding, humorous, compassionate, trusting or loyal the nice guy is the female cohort will always pass him up and endure any length of abuse, objectification, apathy and cold-heartedness from a man if he has physical attractiveness, fashion, big muscles and chiseled facial features.

The nice guy will eventually realize that his dependability and empathy will never be appreciated and all his friendships with females are all one-sided. This coupled with years of watching girls go for tanned, muscular jerk-offs with nice cars while he desperately hopes someone will realize that how viable he actually is will spawn and incubate the nice guy’s insecurities and he will eventually abandon his views, dumb-down his speech, take-up weight-lifting and switch majors from cancer research with a minor in theoretical physics to playground management so he can devote his time to emulating Baywatch characters and football players so that he will one day be viewed as more than a “nice guy.”

LOL! :D

Upvote 0