✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
guy: would you like to go out with me?

girl: I have something to do/ I am going to hang out with friends (aka guy number 2 with tattoos)

------------------------------------------

guy with motorcycle and tattoos:would you like to go out with me?

girl: pick me up at 8....

I know so many female friends that goes out with guy number 2 only to be hurt in the end lol. All you can do is laugh. But also the good girls sometimes tend to be afraid to talk to you are ask you out or reject the nice dude for the bad boy.........

I think what ticks guys off the most is when a woman is not upfront about the guy she wants. If she wants a certain guy then just go for him. Don't string along the guys you dislike.

But yeah this issue of bad boys will never die lol.
Lol, pretty accurate.

You know, pirates were hugely popular with the women way back when. It was said that they had a wife in every port. So, apparently women haven't changed much in 400 years. :D

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are a guy, just observe your female relatives and friends.....
Think back to the type of guys they go out with....
You will see a pattern unless she dated decent guys but she chased them away....

I just get the popcorn and laugh..... It is kind of sad in a way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
guy: would you like to go out with me?

girl: I have something to do/ I am going to hang out with friends (aka guy number 2 with tattoos)

guy with motorcycle and tattoos:would you like to go out with me?

girl: pick me up at 8....

I know so many female friends that goes out with guy number 2 only to be hurt in the end lol. All you can do is laugh. But also the good girls sometimes tend to be afraid to talk to you are ask you out or reject the nice dude for the bad boy.........

I think what ticks guys off the most is when a woman is not upfront about the guy she wants. If she wants a certain guy then just go for him. Don't string along the guys you dislike.

But yeah this issue of bad boys will never die lol.

When I was about 14,I used to act mean to girls.One time,my little and only sister,accidently locked herself out of the kitchen. She started knocking on the door. I laughed and decided to wait about 30 seconds to let her in. Well,in about 20 seconds,my father came into the kitchen. I hurried to the door to let her in. My father was so dissappointed in me that I was sadistic to my sister.
One lady once told me, when I was 15," You will catch more flies with an once of HONEY,than with a gallon of VINEGAR." So...,in my twenties,I OVERCOMPENSATED and stared to treat the opposite sex with repsect and kindness,therefore,getting nowhere.
After I started acting,I began to realize WHY good women are attracted to bad men. I found out that it is more fun to play the villian,than it is to play the hero,or good guy. When I do my church's Easter Productions,it was way more fun to play a Pharisee than it is to play a disciple.
You see,there is something about evil that is exciting! Junk food tastes better than healthy food. Jesus did not sin because Jesus hates sin like most kids hate broccoli. :) You give a child a choice between ice cream and broccoli,and the ice cream will win EVERY time. If you hate something,NO amount of temptation will cause you to give in.Since we do not hate bad things,as humans,we NEED GOD's help to resist temptation,if something bad is being presented to us.. If it is something that we HATE,such as squash,grits,brussel sprouts, oatmeal,nasty tasting medicine,or broccoli,then NO amount of temptation would cause us to give in,because most of us HATE that stuff.
Well,that is my theory,anyway. If GOD had fixed our male bodies so that only married men would enjoy sex,and that sex outside of marriage would feel painful like a kick in the groin,then there would be NO sexual sin by men. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
W

Waxwing

Okay, so this is an old, dead horse that's been beaten so many times, but my curiosity is piqued.

What is it about bad boys that draws good girls? I ask mostly because I'm looking for insight into something that I don't understand in myself. I don't know if it's because they're so different from me that it becomes a novelty or if it's maybe the female desire to "tame" a man and hopefully be the one he changes for.

Maybe it's the competition factor (they pull so many women that they instantly become desireable to all women because of that ability).

Or maybe it's something from childhood that hasn't been resolved.

I don't know, I'm just a sucker for the long-haired, wild (but with a good streak) rocker type which is weird since I'm so much the opposite of that.

So, what are your thoughts/opinions on why good girls seem to like bad boys so much?

*Note: Not all good girls like bad boys. Just getting that in before someone else says it. Also, this is asking for your opinion on the stereotype; not dealing with absolutes, here.

Hmm, well think bad boys, aka punks, nitwits, and bozo's exhibit confidence. It may be misplaced confidence but that goes over their head. Women like confidence, don't think they really investigate the nature or source of guy's cockiness just drawn to it. That's my take

And a applicable quote to boot :)
All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
Mark Twain

Upvote 0
D

day time

Honestly ? I think it's looked at in the wrong light ... it's not good girl/bad boy, or good boy/bad girl ... it's about *fantasy* and having someone else make you feel and think you're involved in something that you aren't. So the good girl can be with the bad boy because he makes her feel as though she's also bad ... but she doesn't have to take any of the consequences. Only the bene's. She can back out if it gets too edgy .... she can sort of live vicariously through him .... piggybacking on his attitude, image, confidence, nature. It's not *hers* ... it's *his*.

So a mysterious guy .... wins the whole thing I think. Because a mysterious guy who has that genuine edge ... is part of something that others want to know about, find out about ... take part in. He's not concerned with finding people to join him ... others are drawn in naturally. Men, women, whatever. Doesn't matter. He's going somewhere, doing something ... others can take part, or not ... if you don't catch him as he walks by, it's your loss, not his. So the mysterious guy has the whole thing: bad boy, good boy, direction, focus, edge, vulnerability because he's probably doing at least *one* thing that's risky, a bit of darkness that shows as well as the light .... "I know something you might not .... catch me if you can" .....

Good girl/bad boy .... only goes so far and then it gets old, crosses a line, etc.

The guy with the confident bit of mystery to him ... is involved in a story that is both hidden and unfolding in plain sight, and you can help write a page in his book and be part of whatever he's a part of ... if just for a moment ... if you're able to solve that little puzzle :~)

Usually he's able to show you about your own story as well .... ;-)

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was about 14,I used to act mean to girls.One time,my little and only sister,accidently locked herself out of the kitchen. She started knocking on the door. I laughed and decided to wait about 30 seconds to let her in. Well,in about 20 seconds,my father came into the kitchen. I hurried to the door to let her in. My father was so dissappointed in me that I was sadistic to my sister.
One lady once told me, when I was 15," You will catch more flies with an once of HONEY,than with a gallon of VINEGAR." So...,in my twenties,I OVERCOMPENSATED and stared to treat the opposite sex with repsect and kindness,therefore,getting nowhere.
After I started acting,I began to realize WHY good women are attracted to bad men. I found out that it is more fun to play the villian,than it is to play the hero,or good guy. When I do my church's Easter Productions,it was way more fun to play a Pharisee than it is to play a disciple.
You see,there is something about evil that is exciting! Junk food tastes better than healthy food. Jesus did not sin because Jesus hates sin like most kids hate broccoli. :) You give a child a choice between ice cream and broccoli,and the ice cream will win EVERY time. If you hate something,NO amount of temptation will cause you to give in.Since we do not hate bad things,as humans,we NEED GOD's help to resist temptation,if something bad is being presented to us.. If it is something that we HATE,such as squash,grits,brussel sprouts, oatmeal,nasty tasting medicine,or broccoli,then NO amount of temptation would cause us to give in,because most of us HATE that stuff.
Well,that is my theory,anyway. If GOD had fixed our male bodies so that only married men would enjoy sex,and that sex outside of marriage would feel painful like a kick in the groin,then there would be NO sexual sin by men. :)

The thing is I ate veggies when I was a kid. I liked it lol! Perhaps I am weird. I still eat brussel sprouts boiled in water with nothing on them.

So another question would be would it be fair to reject a woman who always dated bad boys?

Upvote 0