Why are Catholic countries resisting the LGBT agenda?

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There wasn't a rise in the LGBTQ population but a rise in people willing to admit they are gay.
That's a possibility, but I don't believe it to be true. Old people don't identify as LGBTQ in large numbers like the younger generations do, for example. Maybe they feel stigmatized. I would expect kids today to identify as LGBTQ in even larger numbers, as our sick society continues to encourage them in that direction.

I was watching something, can't remember what. But they were talking about a woman who was a tomboy type as a kid, didn't like dresses, liked to wear jeans mainly. The woman said if she had grown up today they would have tried to make her a boy. Wouldn't surprise me.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That's a possibility, but I don't believe it to be true. Old people don't identify as LGBTQ in large numbers like the younger generations do, for example. Maybe they feel stigmatized. I would expect kids today to identify as LGBTQ in even larger numbers, as our sick society continues to encourage them in that direction.

I was watching something, can't remember what. But they were talking about a woman who was a tomboy type as a kid, didn't like dresses, liked to wear jeans mainly. The woman said if she had grown up today they would have tried to make her a boy. Wouldn't surprise me.
It would surprise me for sure.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟189,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Watch this video and see that transgenderism is a dangerous trend among teen girls.

Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes is is, that's why I was asking. The OP mentioned the LGBT agenda and besides gay marriage and civil rights, I can't think of much of an agenda.

You should have asked the OP then and not me.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

Neither of those issues have jack doodily to do with the Catholic Churches position.​
^_^ you are one that quoted the position of the Catholic Church. So how could their own position have nothing to do with their position?

It doesn't matter if you agree with them or not - It's their position.
and their position is that people who cannot biologically reproduce can not be married.

What about the religion that throws gays off of buildings - or beheads them - or hangs them from cranes. Do you have an issue with them?
i don't know any religion that does that. I have heard some very bad people calling for LGBT individuals to be imprisoned, tortured, mutilated and killed Like Bishop Huonder but does a bad person represent an entire religion?​

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

or maybe older people grew up in a time when coming out meant you were in real danger of loosing yor job, your home, your family and end up being imprisoned, subjected to horrific mutilations and even killed.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Watch this video and see that transgenderism is a dangerous trend among teen girls.

Fake science at it's best. Shrier claims that there is increased transgender identity among teens and this is an expression of an undiagnosed mental health disturbance. But there is no evidence that there is an increase in the number of transgender individuals. Gallup's Jeff Jones notes in his 2021 publication, LGBT Identification, that the number of individuals identifying as transsexual is unchanged from numbers form 1981

One of the experts that reviewed her book said: "Unfortunately, Shreir did not survey any of the youth themselves or their clinicians. The only thing established is that some people online believe that youth rapidly become transgender as a result of watching trans-related content on Youtube and Reddit.” Dr Jack Turban.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums