Why are all topics concerning recent OCA episodes being locked?

Damaris

May 15, 2015
✟8,728.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Not trying to start an argument here but how do you know there is no one on this forum directly involved in the OCA administration? You don't. Nobody does. Not to mention, most of us here post anonymously for safety reasons, among other reasons.

Well, the consequence of posting anonymously is nobody knows who you are, right? :) You can't expect to have your real life reputation in an anonymous environment. The OCA website doesn't list a "musicluvr83" anywhere.

Furthermore, the OCA isn't a big church. I would bet a lot of us who live in the Northeast, or have lived there recently, know somebody, or possibly several somebodies, who work in Syosset or are otherwise involved in the administration.

Reactions: Joshua G.
Upvote 0

Joshua G.

Mar 5, 2009
U.S.A.
✟5,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not trying to start an argument here but how do you know there is no one on this forum directly involved in the OCA administration? You don't. Nobody does. Not to mention, most of us here post anonymously for safety reasons, among other reasons.

And writing letters to one's bishop is a good idea.
I f they are posting anonymously than their word here is as important (or rather, un important) as anyone else's here. To say, "just trust me, I know" in an anonymous forum is an absurdity in and of itself.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hey there is not "kalalisis" of oil and wine ... as yet...Keep handy that "liquid bread" as Khaleas calls it...for now...:cool:

Keep Philothei away from my beer fridge and cold cellar full of liquid bread!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicluvr83

Mar 6, 2010
✟8,320.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
After posting here for a while, most ppl arent anonymous. Orthodoxy is small, I imagine lots of us here know who you are and why you always agree with ArmyMatt.

Uh. Yeah. Sure. Like ArmyMatt is the only one I "always agree" with - not true in the least. Plenty of others on here I "always agree" with as well and have commented as such.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The night before the consecration of His Grace, Bishop MELCHISEDEK I was introduced by Nikolai to Jesse (Jckstraw) who also had a few friends with him. One of those friends was RedPhoenix who when she met me said to me "you are THE Michael the Iconographer?" (with a huge emphasis on "the"). I laughed and said yes.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Uh. Yeah. Sure. Like ArmyMatt is the only one I "always agree" with - not true in the least. Plenty of others on here I "always agree" with as well and have commented as such.

I'm confused - are you saying that you have multiple socks or that you are a polygamist?

Upvote 0