✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Toboe said:
Based on sexual gratification. I have heard this claim by many people and I thought it deserves its own thread.

Because I haven't seen where God has declared "a man shalt not be a friend to another man" or "they were given over to depraved minds and had friendships". :doh:

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Toboe said:
Based on sexual gratification. I have heard this claim by many people and I thought it deserves its own thread.

I am going to have to disagree with you. Having known several homosexuals they say their relationships are just like heterosexual couples. Of course their are going to be people on this thread say that why is heterosexuality based on sexual gratification.

I won't claim to know what the real answer is but my opinion is that Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. But thats just my opinion.

-cw

Upvote 0

Toboe

Jun 18, 2005
Danville Virginia
✟8,597.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ChristianCenturion said:
Because I haven't seen where God has declared "a man shalt not be a friend to another man" or "they were given over to depraved minds and had friendships". :doh:
Yea next time try answering the question.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Toboe said:
Yea next time try answering the question.

I did. If the sexual content were not part of the "situation", it would be common, acceptable and it wouldn't be an issue with society or with various religious teachings. :|

Upvote 0

Trillian

The glue that holds it all together.
Dec 1, 2005
The Boonies
✟299.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Toboe said:

Homosexual relationships are not based on sexual gratification any more than heterosexual relationships are. The reason sex comes up so much is because it's the part of the relationship people have so many problems with. Imagine the thread, "Is it a sin for 2 men to split the electric bill?" See... it doesn't work. In my experience, it is the homophobe who is so obsessed with homosexual sex. Homosexuals are just going about their business in much the same way your parents do.

Tril

Reactions: angelosKD
Upvote 0

Erock83

Dec 14, 2005
Phoenix
✟2,062.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
ChristianCenturion said:

Extremely hateful to assume that all homosexual relationship are just about sex, why would some homosexuals what to get married if it was just about sex they obviously care about one another

Reactions: Polycarp1
Upvote 0

RenegadeOfPhunk

Dec 17, 2005
✟230.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why are all homosexual relationships...

Based on sexual gratification.

Their not.
You heard wrong.

If people didn't keep insisting that homosexual attraction isn't as 'real' or as 'true' as hetrosexual attraction, maybe homosexual's wouldn't need to talk about sex so much?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toboe

Jun 18, 2005
Danville Virginia
✟8,597.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
RenegadeOfPhunk said:
Their not.
You heard wrong.

If people didn't keep insisting that homosexual attraction isn't as 'real' or as 'true' as hetrosexual attraction, maybe homosexual's wouldn't need to talk about sex so much?
I didn't say that I believed that that. I said other people said it.

Upvote 0

outlaw

the frugal revolutionary
Aug 22, 2005
✟4,376.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Toboe said:
Because those who have chosen to hate rather than love need to prop up their personal prejudices with nonsense like this. It is the equivalent of suggesting black people enjoy singing spirituals while lazing about and eating watermelon.

Upvote 0

Erock83

Dec 14, 2005
Phoenix
✟2,062.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
RenegadeOfPhunk said:
Their not.
You heard wrong.

Perhaps we could all use to talk about sex a little less

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not sure I understand the OP, and judging from the varied angle of the responsive posts here, I'm not sure everyone else here does either. I guess my general response to the statement is: My own same-sex relationship is based on lots of things, not just sexual gratification. But it seems obvious to me that the reason the sex part tends to be what we talk about in debate forums like this one is because that's the part which is opposed by those who oppose homosexuality. (See, e.g., CC's post #5 in this thread).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
ChristianCenturion said:
Your posts are so obtuse sometimes... It'd be nice if you spoke plainly from time to time.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
outlaw said:
Because those who have chosen to hate rather than love need to prop up their personal prejudices with nonsense like this. It is the equivalent of suggesting black people enjoy singing spirituals while lazing about and eating watermelon.

You can once again, keep your racist remarks to yourself.
People that happen to be Black don't need your associating their heritage with sexual immorality only to cap it off with a racial slur.

Upvote 0

MRGUK

Jan 16, 2005
✟15,257.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
UK-Conservative
ChristianCenturion said:
You can once again, keep your racist remarks to yourself.
People that happen to be Black don't need your associating their heritage with sexual immorality only to cap it off with a racial slur.

Why not? Skin colour and sexual orientation are both unchosen traits that people face discrimination and hate for.

And the poster was only pointing out that gross (literally) generalisations can be applied to any group. Doesn't make it true, though.

No racism here. Move along!

(And before any mounting of high horses is done; I am black)

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MRGUK said:
Why not? Skin colour and sexual orientation are both unchosen traits that people face discrimination and hate for.

And the poster was only pointing out that gross (literally) generalisations can be applied to any group. Doesn't make it true, though.

No racism here. Move along!

(And before any mounting of high horses is done; I am black)

As usual, the injection of race into the issue is off topic; but as for your embracing a sexual immorality with a racial heritage, I seem to not recognize your credentials for speaking on behalf of a large group of Black people.

Black caucus resists comparison of gay 'marriage' to civil rights
Congressional black Democrats said comparisons shouldn't be made between the struggle by homosexuals to legalize same-sex "marriage" and the civil rights movement of the 1960s.
Members of the Congressional Black Caucus said they are on shaky ground with their constituents after the presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry compared the two issues during a town hall meeting in Jackson, Miss.,

Upvote 0