Marital Status
Married
Don't be fooled by that one.
As I grow older I sin far less but,
my sin bothers me much more.

Maybe you relate to that?
Maybe you don't?
M-Bob

You're making an excellent point. I certainly can relate. Like you suggest, I don't commit some of the sins I used to commit and sins that I didn't even notice are now the focus of my Walk with the Lord.

I guess I felt it was important to point out to the OP that being Saved does mean one is sinless. I think it's important believers understand the difference between being free from the power of sin and the idea of being "sinless". Believers can be freed from the power of sin, but they cannot be sinless.

Set me straight if this is not consistent with biblical principles. I'm here to learn.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After reading your post, is is good to see the progress that you have made. I am sure God is pleased with your progress. And I am sure he is marking your successes not your failures.

However lets address your main issue now. Which is your thinking.

I cuss and talk sexual in front of my wife and family all the time. It's just so disrespectful! I'm just so dirty minded and I just sin so much! True im not the person I used to be since God recreated my spirit but I am not 100% better yet.

The bible tells us that "in the multitude of words sin is not lacking", if we just dump our mind on people, especially if it has been (over the past years) conditioned to see sin as funny, we will end up having sin in our words. They key is to think before you speak. Make a conscious habit of testing your mind before you send out your conversation. The bible tells us "to take captive every thought to the obedience of christ". Don't speak out on urges, even if they feel funny, or feel like what you should say in the moment. Pause, push back on urges, and think through what you say. Eventually you will not need to test every thought you will get good at filtering, but for now pause before you say.

Upvote 0