I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you people (in relationships) are telling me that God brought you and your significant others together not because it was meant to be but because he thought the STATS WERE OK BETWEEN YOU?!?!?
If that's the conclusion that you're drawing about this discussion, you have viewed it al through some very warped glasses.
then tell me how not to.

Okay. God does not show any signs in Scripture of matching people up based on any subjective/objective measurements of attractiveness. That was not my point. From a spiritual perspective, there isn't any reason to weigh physical beauty into the decision to match anyone. In fact, there's very little in the way of scriptural evidence to suggest that God even consistently and actively matches Christian couples up in the first place. We are given abundant guidelines on how to make wise choices in friendships and mate selection, but there's no clear doctrine that says God will, in all cases, by the primary driving force in pushing you to someone in specific. But I fear I'm getting off track.

The point is not that good matches are not made on a statistical analysis of relative attractiveness and no one has said that. Good matches are based on character and personality and common goals and expectations and life experiences.

It is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as turning someone down based solely on prettiness, not considering someone because they're not as shapely as you prefer, or focusing on finding a beautiful woman that will settle on you in spite of anything you do.
i never said i ever turned anyone down because of that.

Your comment following seems to contradict that:

At the same time theres this Other girl there who i think likes me and we actually went out on 12.10.12, but im not that attracted to her because she's not as.. shapely.. as i would prefer.

Okay, you went out with her once, but from all that you've told us, you decided to not pursue her largely because she doesn't have a shape that you prefer.

Also:

but its hard to be ok with myself when it feels like pretty (and sane) girls dont even like me. (...) but i think itd just be nice to have a beautiful woman that loves me regardless of what i do or what i like or look like.

You seem to be scoping your pursuit of relationships down to only the pretty girls. And by "pretty" I'm going to assume you mean thin in the right places, bumpy in the right places, long hair, straight smiles, and clear skin.

There's nothing sinful about an appreciation of beauty. There's nothing wrong with a desire for it, as far as I can tell. It's when it starts to take over your judgement that it seems to be wrong. Every guy wants a Megan Fox and every girl wants a Hugh Jackman... to some degree. Making lasting decisions based on a petty desire for externals is where we begin to get into trouble.

Level with me; you're just instigating, correct? I can be slow to draw conclusions sometimes.
No.
Alright, I'll take your word for it. When someone comes to this subsection of the forum and starts making blunt statements like you did, it is more often than not the sign of someone who's bored and wants to start a drive-by argument. Your original statements seemed very harsh and almost comical. If you say you're legit, then I'll believe it.

Yes. Aspergers.
If this is the case, then understand the hand you've been dealt and work with it rather than against it. Have you considered that this could be causing you to perceive attraction in a way that is not conducive to developing long term relationships with women who are very good candidates, in spite of them not being exactly up to your desires for physical beauty?

I'm just curious, can you give some examples of famous people who you find adequately attractive?

We are still single because we are selfish people. I'm getting married. I'm just buying time here until then. I love the support I get. But I can't wait to never come here again. Good luck to you all.
You good sir have won the prize.

Upvote 0

LandonME

Dec 12, 2012
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay. God does not show any signs in Scripture of matching people up based on any subjective/objective measurements of attractiveness. That was not my point. From a spiritual perspective, there isn't any reason to weigh physical beauty into the decision to match anyone. In fact, there's very little in the way of scriptural evidence to suggest that God even consistently and actively matches Christian couples up in the first place. We are given abundant guidelines on how to make wise choices in friendships and mate selection, but there's no clear doctrine that says God will, in all cases, by the primary driving force in pushing you to someone in specific. But I fear I'm getting off track.

The point is not that good matches are not made on a statistical analysis of relative attractiveness and no one has said that. Good matches are based on character and personality and common goals and expectations and life experiences.

You're right. i think i worry too much about the attractiveness factor due to too much inappropriate content anyway. which im quitting as a new years resolution.

Your comment following seems to contradict that:

Okay, you went out with her once, but from all that you've told us, you decided to not pursue her largely because she doesn't have a shape that you prefer.

yeah but i never told her to her face..

Also:

You seem to be scoping your pursuit of relationships down to only the pretty girls. And by "pretty" I'm going to assume you mean thin in the right places, bumpy in the right places, long hair, straight smiles, and clear skin.

There's nothing sinful about an appreciation of beauty. There's nothing wrong with a desire for it, as far as I can tell. It's when it starts to take over your judgement that it seems to be wrong. Every guy wants a Megan Fox and every girl wants a Hugh Jackman... to some degree. Making lasting decisions based on a petty desire for externals is where we begin to get into trouble.

yeah. again, i blame inappropriate content.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. When someone comes to this subsection of the forum and starts making blunt statements like you did, it is more often than not the sign of someone who's bored and wants to start a drive-by argument. Your original statements seemed very harsh and almost comical. If you say you're legit, then I'll believe it.

im sorry. i didnt mean to come off as a troll or anything and i dont mean to be harsh. i just hate it when people on these kinds of forums who are seemingly supposed to help with these kinds of things dont help in the slightest and just make fun of someones serious problem.

If this is the case, then understand the hand you've been dealt and work with it rather than against it. Have you considered that this could be causing you to perceive attraction in a way that is not conducive to developing long term relationships with women who are very good candidates, in spite of them not being exactly up to your desires for physical beauty?

yeah. ive been trying to cope with it for years by trying to avoid the disability altogether cuz i dont want to be stupid. and again it goes back to inappropriate content because with the aspergers its just warped my perspective completely. which again is why im quitting. or at least gonna try. again.

I'm just curious, can you give some examples of famous people who you find adequately attractive?

Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johanson, Christina Aguilera, Pamela Anderson. just to name a few.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're right. i think i worry too much about the attractiveness factor due to too much inappropriate content anyway. which im quitting as a new years resolution.
yeah. again, i blame inappropriate content.
and again it goes back to inappropriate content because with the aspergers its just warped my perspective completely. which again is why im quitting. or at least gonna try. again.

Expectations can be grown from many things, and inappropriate content certainly plays a role in it. As you and Christ work in, through, and out of this over your time on earth, strive to learn the proper place for attraction, beauty, and sexuality. It's complex, there are a lot of views on it, and plenty of arguments. So in other words, it's exactly like every other aspect of Christian doctrine. ^_^

As you do that, you're "wanter" gets changed. If what you wanted was bad, you eventually don't want it (or it won't have quite the same power over you). You want, just as badly and sometimes deeper, what is good. I don't know what that will mean for you, and it's certainly nothing to fear, but you might be surprised at the changes for the better that take place as you learn more about God's love, judgement, and all around ways.

But like I said, it's very different for each person. Story time! This may help you. Or it may not and I'll cause this thread to spiral down into a pit of irretrievable awkwardness. In my own timeline of life on earth, inappropriate content was introduced at an early age and well before salvation. A troubled household that struggled with violence and lots of emotional abuse made inappropriate content very attractive as it was the only place I could see people who genuinely liked eachother (or, rather, gave off that appearance). In real life up until my twenties, I did not see people that actually liked each other except for two occasions, and both of them were between an unfaithful married person and the person they were cheating with. I believe that, chief among the detriments, inappropriate content played with my expectations for emotional intimacy, and it wasn't until many years later as I approached by late twenties and recieved Christ and began to understand what true love really is, that I realized there is a vast difference between love and like. Between being enamored and being committed.

(Side note: If you do not experience feelings of "like" and do not have at least moments of being enamored with your target of marital love, then something is broken very badly. Those things should exist, I have come to learn.)

As I grew in Christ I realized a lot about true love that I had never known or experienced. Things that were so utterly outside of my experience that I stared at the pages of the Bible and thought "No. I don't believe it. I must be misunderstanding something." To this day, four and a half years into my walk with Christ, I still have lots of struggles with understanding the area of love, especially in the areas of patience and forgiveness. Sometimes I think "Either I'm misunderstanding something or Jesus is just straight up crazy."

For you it appears to have heavily influenced your desires for a certain physicality. You've got to search pretty hard for inappropriate content that intentionally includes wretched looking humanity, but you've also got to look hard to find just "average" people (both men and women). So now you know you're enemy. I also assume that you know your Rescuer. (As a giggly side note: I'll probably be flamed for this, but as a result of inappropriate content I learned early on that bodies can look kind of silly sometimes and to expect that and be okay with it. :p Of course, I also learned to expect myself to have an olympian's body or never expect to have anyone attracted to me, but I was also learning that from numerous other sources as well while growing up. Your mileage may, and obviously does, vary.)

yeah but i never told her to her face..
Yeah but, telling it to her face or not doesn't change things. You're not going back to get to know her, and apparently it's solely because she's not physically enough for your desires. If I'm wrong, correct me.

im sorry. i didnt mean to come off as a troll or anything and i dont mean to be harsh. i just hate it when people on these kinds of forums who are seemingly supposed to help with these kinds of things dont help in the slightest and just make fun of someones serious problem.
I will accept both group and personal blame for this. As a whole I think this forum has become (or always was) rather cynical and jaded. Partly because that's the cool way to be in this age. Partly because we're consistently the butt end of people's jokes as trolls rampage through the forum. Partly because it's the easy way to be.

Speaking of love, the Bible says Love always believes the best of people. Is not quick to anger. The Bible says we should be quick to hear and slow to speak. And I was not that. So I speak to you of true Love -- and do not live it. Forgive me.

yeah. ive been trying to cope with it for years by trying to avoid the disability altogether cuz i dont want to be stupid.
I don't have experience with this realm and am not a professional, so take any advice with caution. Just accept what you've got, and find people and organizations that are set up to help you learn yourself better, and also learn others as well. There's nothing to be ashamed of and you're not stupid. It could be that your Asperger's is coloring how you see things and it's different from those around you. Like shaded glasses.

The sooner you get proactive about it the better your chances of a more successful time with relationships. Of course, I say this as a flaming two-face having never done anything about my signs of clinical depression, ADD and OCD (it's not fun and games like people think with shows like Monk. It sucks.)

Behold me, Lord of the Hypocrites. Don't be like me.

Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johanson, Christina Aguilera, Pamela Anderson. just to name a few.
They all purdy, but they also extraordinary examples of the human form for one reason or another. (asdglkjsalfgkjsdlfgkjScarlett Johanssongkglkjdaf;goijdalkfgj) I know plenty of people will argue that they're probably artificially enhanced and airbrushed (or definitely, as the case may be). However, the fact remains that some people can fall out of bed in a cabin cruiser lost at sea for a week and they'll still look pretty nice. Those people are rare. Don't hold out for one, because if you do find one, then you just have to run them through the gauntlet of personal compatibility. Plus things fade after a decade or two. Unless you're okay with trying to get with someone whose body can stop time and start it back up again, except their personality and character totally skeeve you.

Then again, you might get lucky and win the physical-beauty-lotto as well as the awesome-personality-and-character-lotto all on the same day. Feeling lucky?

Yes. I type too much.

Reactions: Blank123
Upvote 0

J.B.

Apr 9, 2010
California
✟8,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If this is of any support, I'm 23 years old, and I've never had a girlfriend either. Thinking about it, I was never actually pursuing a relationship with anybody. When it comes to my social activity outside of the family, I occasionally start and participate in small conversations with others, mostly about studies and class matters. I am not depressed over it, but I realize that I have not done very much socially since I first started attending community college in 2008. I am now entering my second year at my university. For most of my life, I was never particularly social outside of the family. Psychologically, I'm a classic introvert. Perhaps I will meet someone special, but for now my attitude is that I should finish university with good grades and get my degree. What I place above all, even though I am forgetful at times, is the relationship with Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I urge you to stay faithful, Landon, God bless you.

Upvote 0

LandonME

Dec 12, 2012
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Expectations can be grown from many things, and inappropriate content certainly plays a role in it. As you and Christ work in, through, and out of this over your time on earth, strive to learn the proper place for attraction, beauty, and sexuality. It's complex, there are a lot of views on it, and plenty of arguments. So in other words, it's exactly like every other aspect of Christian doctrine. ^_^

As you do that, you're "wanter" gets changed. If what you wanted was bad, you eventually don't want it (or it won't have quite the same power over you). You want, just as badly and sometimes deeper, what is good. I don't know what that will mean for you, and it's certainly nothing to fear, but you might be surprised at the changes for the better that take place as you learn more about God's love, judgement, and all around ways.

But like I said, it's very different for each person. Story time! This may help you. Or it may not and I'll cause this thread to spiral down into a pit of irretrievable awkwardness. In my own timeline of life on earth, inappropriate content was introduced at an early age and well before salvation. A troubled household that struggled with violence and lots of emotional abuse made inappropriate content very attractive as it was the only place I could see people who genuinely liked eachother (or, rather, gave off that appearance). In real life up until my twenties, I did not see people that actually liked each other except for two occasions, and both of them were between an unfaithful married person and the person they were cheating with. I believe that, chief among the detriments, inappropriate content played with my expectations for emotional intimacy, and it wasn't until many years later as I approached by late twenties and recieved Christ and began to understand what true love really is, that I realized there is a vast difference between love and like. Between being enamored and being committed.

(Side note: If you do not experience feelings of "like" and do not have at least moments of being enamored with your target of marital love, then something is broken very badly. Those things should exist, I have come to learn.)

As I grew in Christ I realized a lot about true love that I had never known or experienced. Things that were so utterly outside of my experience that I stared at the pages of the Bible and thought "No. I don't believe it. I must be misunderstanding something." To this day, four and a half years into my walk with Christ, I still have lots of struggles with understanding the area of love, especially in the areas of patience and forgiveness. Sometimes I think "Either I'm misunderstanding something or Jesus is just straight up crazy."

For you it appears to have heavily influenced your desires for a certain physicality. You've got to search pretty hard for inappropriate content that intentionally includes wretched looking humanity, but you've also got to look hard to find just "average" people (both men and women). So now you know you're enemy. I also assume that you know your Rescuer. (As a giggly side note: I'll probably be flamed for this, but as a result of inappropriate content I learned early on that bodies can look kind of silly sometimes and to expect that and be okay with it. :p Of course, I also learned to expect myself to have an olympian's body or never expect to have anyone attracted to me, but I was also learning that from numerous other sources as well while growing up. Your mileage may, and obviously does, vary.)

Yeah but, telling it to her face or not doesn't change things. You're not going back to get to know her, and apparently it's solely because she's not physically enough for your desires. If I'm wrong, correct me.

I will accept both group and personal blame for this. As a whole I think this forum has become (or always was) rather cynical and jaded. Partly because that's the cool way to be in this age. Partly because we're consistently the butt end of people's jokes as trolls rampage through the forum. Partly because it's the easy way to be.

Speaking of love, the Bible says Love always believes the best of people. Is not quick to anger. The Bible says we should be quick to hear and slow to speak. And I was not that. So I speak to you of true Love -- and do not live it. Forgive me.

I don't have experience with this realm and am not a professional, so take any advice with caution. Just accept what you've got, and find people and organizations that are set up to help you learn yourself better, and also learn others as well. There's nothing to be ashamed of and you're not stupid. It could be that your Asperger's is coloring how you see things and it's different from those around you. Like shaded glasses.

The sooner you get proactive about it the better your chances of a more successful time with relationships. Of course, I say this as a flaming two-face having never done anything about my signs of clinical depression, ADD and OCD (it's not fun and games like people think with shows like Monk. It sucks.)

Behold me, Lord of the Hypocrites. Don't be like me.

They all purdy, but they also extraordinary examples of the human form for one reason or another. (asdglkjsalfgkjsdlfgkjScarlett Johanssongkglkjdaf;goijdalkfgj) I know plenty of people will argue that they're probably artificially enhanced and airbrushed (or definitely, as the case may be). However, the fact remains that some people can fall out of bed in a cabin cruiser lost at sea for a week and they'll still look pretty nice. Those people are rare. Don't hold out for one, because if you do find one, then you just have to run them through the gauntlet of personal compatibility. Plus things fade after a decade or two. Unless you're okay with trying to get with someone whose body can stop time and start it back up again, except their personality and character totally skeeve you.

Then again, you might get lucky and win the physical-beauty-lotto as well as the awesome-personality-and-character-lotto all on the same day. Feeling lucky?

Yes. I type too much.

If this is of any support, I'm 23 years old, and I've never had a girlfriend either. Thinking about it, I was never actually pursuing a relationship with anybody. When it comes to my social activity outside of the family, I occasionally start and participate in small conversations with others, mostly about studies and class matters. I am not depressed over it, but I realize that I have not done very much socially since I first started attending community college in 2008. I am now entering my second year at my university. For most of my life, I was never particularly social outside of the family. Psychologically, I'm a classic introvert. Perhaps I will meet someone special, but for now my attitude is that I should finish university with good grades and get my degree. What I place above all, even though I am forgetful at times, is the relationship with Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I urge you to stay faithful, Landon, God bless you.

thanks guys. God bless y'all.

Upvote 0

LandonME

Dec 12, 2012
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So hey, quick update; I'm working again and things have been going good... Up until tonight. My cousin just got married and there was this really hot girl at the reception. I wanted to ask her to dance but she kept moving around and I didn't wanna look like a creep following her around. So we had to leave before I grew enough balls to ask her so I was just miserable the whole way home. Just kept saying to myself "well, another wasted opportunity." So then I got home and thought 'maybe she's on Facebook.' And she was, turns out, already in a relationship. Figures. Cuz that always happens to me. Meet a hot girl, they're taken. So now this question is plaguing me and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me on it; Are there men who live entire lives without finding a woman? Because I, for one, do not want to be in that category. If I am, then what is the point of living a lonely life? I mean I know God has blessed me with a good life, but why am I getting the impression that He just doesn't want me to have a girlfriend? Or thinks I'm unfitting to have one? That I'm unworthy of the love of a woman? Because that really confuses me since it says in the bible that all men should eventually be with someone (Genesis 2:24, Proverbs 18:22).

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cuz that always happens to me. Meet a hot girl, they're taken.
They usually are. Supply and demand. Oh, and I see we're back to the whole "hot girls" discussion again. ;)

Are there men who live entire lives without finding a woman? Because I, for one, do not want to be in that category.
Well, yeah, there are people who end up that way. If you don't want to end up in that category, then work towards not ending up in that category. And it sounds like you are, so that's good. The circumstances of each person's life are different, so for some of us it takes twice as long, or longer, and twice as much effort, or more, to get something that we want that it took the next guy a fraction of the time and effort to get. That's the way it goes. Read Ecclesiastes. But if you don't want to be single, then you don't have to be.

I think the most important questions to answer would be ones that force you to take a cold hard look at why you're still single. Don't answer them only by yourself. Ask those around you. I've had to have a few smacks with a cold fish to make me realize some hard truths about myself. I'll be 31 in a few months. Still single, and a whole lot more less-than-stellar marks against me as a full grown man. Why? Bad reasons I think I've come to find.

For you, let's tackle this from the extreme perspective and work our way back to a more cautious one:

1. You could be married in just a few weeks if you went the mail order bride path. Don't laugh. Plenty of people have, and not just creepy old men.

2. You could be married in a year if you speed-dated, went on meetups each week, and dropped your criterion down to the bare minimums, which I think are 1) Female, 2) Kind. Add in 3) Within 10 years of your age if you like.

3. Stay on course as you are right now, and maybe you'll meet the woman of your dreams tomorrow, maybe in a decade. Maybe longer.

4. Get bitter, hermit-up, compound your singleness, get a M1 Garand and point it at people who get on your lawn. Die lonely, cold, and single. In the rain.

You're not going to be single forever if you don't want to be. That is, unless you die from a commercial jetliner crashing into your bedroom tonight. Barring catastrophe, you'll not die single if you don't want to.

If I am, then what is the point of living a lonely life? I mean I know God has blessed me with a good life, but why am I getting the impression that He just doesn't want me to have a girlfriend? Or thinks I'm unfitting to have one? That I'm unworthy of the love of a woman? Because that really confuses me since it says in the bible that all men should eventually be with someone (Genesis 2:24, Proverbs 18:22).
Read this: God is Not a Tease. You're getting that feeling because you're comparing what you want, with what you don't have, and then assuming that since God is all powerful and does indeed give his children good gifts, that you are specially chosen to be picked on by God. You're not.

You're probably working yourself up into a froth about it and then you get "feelings" concerning God not wanting you to be married. It's the classic "DON'T THINK ABOUT XYZ!" problem. You try not to think about XYZ, you'll think about XYZ. You're worried you're going to die of flesh eating bacteria? You're going to see every rash, bump, and welt as flesh eating bacteria. You are worried about being single forever. You see circumstances that only seem to indicate that you will remain single. You think about it more, and more and, more and things that are just happenstance seem to have more substance than they really do. It's a big cycle.

And as for the Bible saying that all men should eventually be with someone, that's not quite the proper interpretation. Those verses are speaking, in the case of Gen 2:24, in the specific sense of Adam, not all men (yes, "Adam" can mean "mankind" but not in this verse), and in the case of Proverbs 18:22, is a generality being spoken concerning marriage being good. It's not a prescriptive for all human beings to get married, because if that was the case than Jesus and Paul were sinning by not being married. In fact, Paul wrote at length on the topic in 1 Cor 7, which itself is sometimes misconstrued to mean that marriage is a less than ideal state for all.

There are some interesting passages in the gospels, words spoken by Christ, that seem to imply that all men who do not have the spiritual gift of celibacy should be married. However, that would bring up the spectacular argument about "Is celibacy a spiritual gift" - and do we really want that right now? Hmm... why not. The night is young!

Anyway, you're thinking too hard and worrying too much. God doesn't owe you a wife any more than he owes you a job. And there are plenty of good Christian people who have gone years and years without jobs (let me introduce myself...), and yet the bible says those who don't work should not eat, and also plenty of passages condemning laziness, and lauding hard work. So I guess God hates all Christians who can't find work? No -- he allows hard times for the spiritual good of his children. Some people get heaps of money, others never do. Some people get all the "luck" and others seem to find the only lion in the desert every single day. Who does God love more? He loves each person with the same ridiculous intensity, regardless of if we don't get what we want.

You want a wife? You can have a wife. Figure out why you don't have one. That's the big thing right now. What obstacles are in the way?

Last edited:
Reactions: anewday
Upvote 0

jess9450

Sep 17, 2012
In the land of ice and snow
✟10,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
tumblr_inline_mhf7uqSzk01qz4rgp.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You're not going to be single forever if you don't want to be.

Says who? I'm a single 34-year-old virgin who doesn't want kids. What are my chances?

Concerning the article someone posted, I don't think God is a sadist or a cosmic bully, but with the endtimes getting closer and closer, the thought of, "What's taking so long?" gets louder and louder.

There aren't enough words to describe the depression and anger this unfulfilled urge has caused me.

Last edited:
Reactions: anewday
Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My guess would be that you're immature, easily manipulated (very passive), and aren't independent at all; you aren't going to get a trophy wife by happen-stance, they're called trophies for a reason young buck. You've gotta earn it.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My guess would be that you're immature, easily manipulated (very passive), and aren't independent at all; you aren't going to get a trophy wife by happen-stance, they're called trophies for a reason young buck. You've gotta earn it.

Yeah, well, your guess would be dead wrong. I'm not easily manipulated, and I just got about $134K from selling stock during a layoff (which I thank God for), which makes living on my own rather simple.

And I'm not looking for a "trophy wife" or some mindless sex object. I want a godly, attractive, intelligent woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Says who? I'm a single 34-year-old virgin who doesn't want kids. What are my chances?
Dunno - pretty good I'd guess, but chances get lower the more barriers we put in place both with regards to the people we look for and the people that we are.

For the people that we're considering, the barriers are things like age, ethnicity, personality, religion, physicality. Those aren't necessarily bad things, we all need some kind of standards, but each requirement we put in places filters out more and more.

For the people that we are, things that can be barriers are character, personality, hobbies, addictions, hygiene, etc.

Our singleness largely depends on the identification and removal of barriers. So your chances are probably pretty good, I guess? You're not a heroin addicted kitten puncher, so there's that. :)

Concerning the article someone posted, I don't think God is a sadist or a cosmic bully, but with the endtimes getting closer and closer, the thought of, "What's taking so long?" gets louder and louder.
AWWW YISSS. We've managed to drag eschatology in to the mix! :holy: "What's taking so long?" as in what taking so long for the end to come upon us, or "What's taking so long for me to get hitched?"

Two things stand out:

1. The Eschaton is not the tape strung at the end of the race to see who can get laid more before we're called up. :p It'll happen when it happens. In the mean time, to turn a phrase, keep calm and carry on.
  2. Current apocalyptic, premillinial theology predicting current events as dove-tailing with prophecy in Daniel, Revelation, etc. seems to be a bit vapid. I guess we're convinced of what we're convinced of, so perhaps this is arguing in circles, but don't worry yourself too much about it. I wouldn't be surprised if we were snatched up tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a thousand years from now. I bet John and Paul, etc. would have been shocked silly to learn that we're still here two millennium later. =) (Don't make me get MacFall in here. Don't make me do it!!)

And yet your Mother is still able to force you to go on a date... with a lady who you don't find attractive.
Oooo, did I miss a fun thread elsewhere? :holy:

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, well, your guess would be dead wrong. I'm not easily manipulated, and I just got about $134K from selling stock during a layoff (which I thank God for), which makes living on my own rather simple.

And I'm not looking for a "trophy wife" or some mindless sex object. I want a godly, attractive, intelligent woman.

I have to say that I sense a lot of bitterness. And if I can sense that through a computer screen and likely thousands of miles away, chances are pretty good that the women there are picking up on it too. Two things make a potential significant other run like the wind (well there's more than that, but I'll focus on two for the purpose of this discussion): Desperation and bitterness.

Stop dwelling on your singleness and find a way to be happy in your current life. Easier said than done? absolutely. I know that frustration very well, but the truth is that we do decide what we allow ourselves to dwell on, and if we dwell on things that make us miserable then guess what? We'll be miserable. If we refuse to do that and focus on the blessings and positives in our lives instead then the result is that we see life from a different angle. Maybe we'll always long for that significant other until that person comes into our lives, but it won't be the source of anguish or misery anymore that we've allowed it to be.

Upvote 0

jess9450

Sep 17, 2012
In the land of ice and snow
✟10,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have to say that I sense a lot of bitterness. And if I can sense that through a computer screen and likely thousands of miles away, chances are pretty good that the women there are picking up on it too. Two things make a potential significant other run like the wind (well there's more than that, but I'll focus on two for the purpose of this discussion): Desperation and bitterness.

Stop dwelling on your singleness and find a way to be happy in your current life. Easier said than done? absolutely. I know that frustration very well, but the truth is that we do decide what we allow ourselves to dwell on, and if we dwell on things that make us miserable then guess what? We'll be miserable. If we refuse to do that and focus on the blessings and positives in our lives instead then the result is that we see life from a different angle. Maybe we'll always long for that significant other until that person comes into our lives, but it won't be the source of anguish or misery anymore that we've allowed it to be.

In response to this post, see my previous one ;)

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What she said.

Upvote 0