Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand why the hearings where the President and Vice President are being questioned about 9/11 are closed, with no cameras or media. Most Americans don't blame them for what happened on 9/11, quite the contrary. But, the secrecy makes them appear as if they have something to hide. I am not a Bush supporter, but just being honest here, if I were, I would wonder why he is doing this. It makes him appear to be above the rule of law, which is what the conservatives accuse the former President of being. :scratch:

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But 9/11 was almost 3 years ago. What they knew beforehand shouldn't be fresh intelligence information. The world already knows how good our survelience equipment is, (not as good as was thought obviously or there wouldn't have been a 9/11 in the first place). I really don't see the need for secrecy about what they knew before.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Lanakila said:
I think it was foolish for them to have all the secrecy in an election year. I does make it appear as if they have something to hide. If they don't then open it all up.
I would disagree. Its a wise political move considering what they have already done to cabinet memebers and used it as a bush attack.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
mhatten said:
Perception is 9/10's of reality folks. It makes it look like they are trying to hide something. Period.
I disagree. I would say based on what has already happened, he is avoiding making it a political issue, which it should not be anyway. Quesiton though, have any of the council memebers said anything about this being in private?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Momzilla

Gettin' that old time religion!
Feb 12, 2004
Greenville, SC
✟16,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, they probably do have something to hide--classified information. Just because 9/11 has already happened does not mean that all of the intelligence information that is related to it can or should be declassified. Sometimes, there's no problem with the information itself, but revealing the information will burn a source who is still providing good intelligence. A closed hearing allows those involved to speak freely about classified matters.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
that'd be like Clinton saying he shouldn't have to testify under oath since the Republicans would make it an election topic.

I'm sure that, if given the option, Clinton would've preferred to have talked in secret and not under oath.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Outspoken said:
I disagree. I would say based on what has already happened, he is avoiding making it a political issue, which it should not be anyway. Quesiton though, have any of the council memebers said anything about this being in private?

Yes

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
burrow_owl said:
[/font]
I'm sure that, if given the option, Clinton would've preferred to have talked in secret and not under oath.
Yup, but he didn't have to lie under oath either did he? Question..was this during an election year, I honestly don't remember.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums