Status
Not open for further replies.

mythbuster

Apr 14, 2004
✟746.00
Faith
Christian
Lee Fey said:
I was also putting together other pieces of Scripture, including the Lord's Prayer, a line of which is: "Thy kingdom come, on Earth, as it is in Heaven". Might that have anything to do with hastening His coming? Could we pray and live in such ways that might move him to come sooner.

Big double Amen. He will come for His irresistable bride, those who are living in the reality of the kingdom, the church.
And now that we know this...

You therefore beloved, since you know these things beforehand, be on your guard lest being carried away by the error of the lawless, you fall from your own steadfastness.
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and unto te day of eternity. II Peter 3:17,18

Upvote 0
L

Lee Fey

I loved how II Peter contains within it both pictures of judgement and redemption. What we would have gone through if we never approached Christ, and what we are entitled to instead. There are just so many things here.

Oh, and I was looking in my concordance again, this time chasing the word "Knowledge". I realized it had something to do with information, but it wasn't just about containing information, it was also being able to understand that information, and get from it what it means when added to everything else you already know. If anyone has any insights into the word knowledge and what it means biblically, it would be a big help, because I'm really trying to buckle down and incorporate, assimilate, make a part of me what this all means.

Upvote 0
L

Lee Fey

Which only goes to show that the Bible does claim to be the spoken word of God. And that's interesting, mainly because many of the people out there who like to accept some parts of it, but not others, mainly what comes to mind is creation, they say that the Bible says that the word is God breathed and good for teaching morally, and spiritually, and such things, but not necasserily historically or scientifically.

However that, there, says that even if the Word is God breathed, that means he's either wrong abotu something, or lying. This backs that up with the idea that though it was written and compiled by men, it was when they were moved and inspired by God that they wrote or compiled these things. Saying God, GOD, is right on some things, but not all things, really rubs me the wrong way.

Upvote 0
L

Lee Fey

God's always wanted to work through man. I'm not sure why, but he has, so that's something that I've always accepted. I think it has something to do with the fact that since he uses such normal people, such humble people, that it's sure to be a God thing. I know that would be the case with me. God has used me for many wonderful and amazing things, but it is because I am so flawed and so human that it's got to be him instead of me that's getting such wonderful and amazing things done.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.