US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Actually, that's not completely correct. As a priest, John the baptist anointed Jesus as an official Sacrifice, not as a king. Jesus's kingship comes from the David. David and Saul's son, Jonathan, made a covenant. The kingship transferred from Saul to Jonathan, and since Jonathan died with no child, the kingship transfers to David through the covenant. The it transfers from David to Jesus.

The kingship transfers from David to Solomon.

1 Kings 1:39

And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Solomon.

I am not aware that sacrifices were anointed.

However, as Yahshua began his ministry shortly after He was mikveh'd by Yochanan; and Yochanan was murdered shortly thereafter; I suspect that the Zadok priesthood was also passed to Yahshua at that mikveh.

Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The kingship transfers from David to Solomon.

1 Kings 1:39

And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Solomon.

I am not aware that sacrifices were anointed.

However, as Yahshua began his ministry shortly after He was mikveh'd by Yochanan; and Yochanan was murdered shortly thereafter; I suspect that the Zadok priesthood was also passed to Yahshua at that mikveh.

Not quite. Jesus comes from the Melchizedek Priest hood. I've heard that priests were not allowed to have rip garments because that is a sign that a priest lost control of his temper. If this were to happen he would be disqualified as a priest. Base on Old Testament laws, Caiaphas was disqualified to be a priest when he ripped his clothes. This is when Jesus, a high priest of Melchizedek, takes over and Jesus's sacrifice begins.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus comes from the Melchizedek Priest hood

Yahshua's lineage is of the Zadok priesthood. That means that he was a candidate for high priest. The Zadok priesthood was ousted from the temple at around 175 BC. That means that the high priest serving the temple thereafter, was not of the lineage of Zadok. Did you even listen to the dissertation by Rachel Elior? "Melchizedek" as it appears in most Bibles is, in reality, composed of two words in Hebrew, Malki (King) and ṣeḏeq (righteousness) King of Righteousness. Many came from the Zadok priesthood; but only one could sit as High Priest, at a time.

Caiaphas was disqualified to be a priest when he ripped his clothes. This is when Jesus, a high priest of Melchizedek, takes over and Jesus's sacrifice begins.

Again, Caiaphas was never qualified to be High Priest; Zechariah, Yochanan, and Yahshua were.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yahshua's lineage is of the Zadok priesthood. That means that he was a candidate for high priest. The Zadok priesthood was ousted from the temple at around 175 BC. That means that the high priest serving the temple thereafter, was not of the lineage of Zadok. Did you even listen to the dissertation by Rachel Elior? "Melchizedek" as it appears in most Bibles is, in reality, composed of two words in Hebrew, Malki (King) and ṣeḏeq (righteousness) King of Righteousness. Many came from the Zadok priesthood; but only one could sit as High Priest, at a time.

Again, Caiaphas was never qualified to be High Priest; Zechariah, Yochanan, and Yahshua were.
I agree that yochonan was of zadoq(k) lineage and was a relative to Yeshua in certain terms.
I do not find any reason to conflate such a relation upon The Order of Melchi'zadoq(k) to uncertain terms without first leaning in the spirit of understanding.
True there are similarities in linguistic fashion. What should be focused on is that Yeshua is of The Highest Priesthood above even the purest levitical lineage of yochanon.
And yochanon himself stated his decrease with respect to Yeshua's authority. Even asking His savior whom carries The Name of The Father to wash him.

Blessed be The Holy One

Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

That's true, nevertheless, God did put him in a position of power. Also, when a lawyer asks Jesus what he thinks of the high priest, Jesus said that it was against the law to gossip about your leader. Side note he never considered Herod to be the leader since he called him a fox. Anyways, ripping his robes was the last straw that destroyed what credibility Caiaphas had.

Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God did put him in a position of power.

Where is this written?

Also, when a lawyer asks Jesus what he thinks of the high priest, Jesus said that it was against the law to gossip about your leader.

Where is this written? Does someone having power over you, necessarily make that person your leader?

Side note he never considered Herod to be the leader since he called him a fox.

What would make Herod's position any less valid than Caiaphas'? Neither were in rightful office, according to scripture.

Anyways, ripping his robes was the last straw that destroyed what credibility Caiaphas had.

Can you prove this with scripture; or are you stating opinion as fact?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do not find any reason to conflate such a relation upon The Order of Melchi'zadoq(k) to uncertain terms without first leaning in the spirit of understanding.

Fair enough. I start with hypotheses; then I test them.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Fair enough. I start with hypotheses; then I test them.
Testing a hypothesis is somewhat of value when it comes to physical evidence of man made or physical structures.
Like a doors locking action for instance.
Take notice how a door has a lever to use in going out and then returns closed and locked according to design as a safe guard.
Then said same door only opens with a key coming in.
Yet when entering the same door it doesnt shut and secure to fully locked.

What then is the remedy?

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's true, nevertheless, God did put him in a position of power. Also, when a lawyer asks Jesus what he thinks of the high priest, Jesus said that it was against the law to gossip about your leader. Side note he never considered Herod to be the leader since he called him a fox. Anyways, ripping his robes was the last straw that destroyed what credibility Caiaphas had.
Amen.
Very well said.
Proverbs 19:19

Reactions: Hiep
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟139,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can we PLEASE get some citations? You are making statements of fact. What texts are you quoting? Book, chapter and verse please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums