Who Saved You and Why?

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,889.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree. "I know my sheep, and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep" (Jn 10:14-15).

Not to mention, as well,

John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,932.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"No one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him" (Jn 6:65; cf. v. 44).

Even in the face of such threats, some come to Christ and others don't. So, the existence of threats doesn't explain.

Even some who have been called still refuse to come. Romans 2:4-5

• Agree
Reactions: fhansen
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even some who have been called still refuse to come. Romans 2:4-5
Not if they are called according to Gods Purpose. Such as they are conformed to the Image of Christ and Glorified Rom 8:28-31

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not if they are called according to Gods Purpose. Such as they are conformed to the Image of Christ and Glorified Rom 8:28-31

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Yeah all of this is in reference to those that love God. He made that clear in verse 28.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah all of this is in reference to those that love God. He made that clear in verse 28.
Thats a result . Gods Purpose before time, and Gods predestination before time, and Gods call in time, precedes any love a sinner has for God.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thats a result . Gods Purpose before time, and Gods predestination before time, and Gods call in time, precedes any love a sinner has for God.

Yeah and they were chosen according to what? His foreknowledge.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Keeping in mind that the meaning of divine foreknowledge is not God knowing in advance what man is going to do, but
God knowing in advance what he is going to do because he has already decreed that he shall do it and, therefore, it shall happen.

God knows who is going to be saved, not because he knows who is going to believe, but because he knows whom he has decreed from before the foundations of the world shall believe.

Looking down the road into the future regarding man, what God sees is all mankind born without the Holy Spirit (unregenerate); i.e., blind (John 3:3-8), not able to understand the things of God, not accepting them because they are foolishness to him (1 Corinthians 2:14), and hostile to God (Romans 8:7-8).

God does not choose anyone because of the person's right choice, for there can be none in their unregenerate state.
Rather, the person's right choice is because God first chose him to be regenerated (John 3:8).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟513,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good Day,

Yes so long as you are using the verb (something he does), and compared to noun (something he knows).

He foreknows people, not things about them.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

Yes so long as you are using the verb (something he does), and compared to noun (something he knows).

He foreknows people, not things about them.

In Him,

Bill

God foreknows everything the people and their actions and His decision (predestination) which simply means to choose, appoint, or ordain beforehand is based on His knowledge of those who will abide in Christ and endure to the end. God doesn’t choose who will abide in Christ nor does He choose who will repent and believe, He simply wrote the names of those who would endure in the book of life before creation.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God foreknows everything the people and their actions and His decision (predestination) which simply means to choose, appoint, or ordain beforehand is based on His knowledge of those who will abide in Christ and endure to the end. God doesn’t choose who will abide in Christ nor does He choose who will repent and believe, He simply wrote the names of those who would endure in the book of life before creation.
That is not the Biblical meaning of divine foreknowledge.

For that, see post #150, above.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You seem confused, which brings remission of sins, Jesus shedding His Blood Matt 26:28 or repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins?
That's the teaching of SDA's and likely others. If a person agrees to baptism are his sins absolutely remitted and does he never sin again for fear of losing his salvation?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Keeping in mind that the meaning of divine foreknowledge is not God knowing in advance what man is going to do, but
God knowing in advance what he is going to do because he has already decreed that he shall do it and, therefore, it shall happen.

God knows who is going to be saved, not because he knows who is going to believe, but because he knows whom he has decreed from before the foundations of the world shall believe.

Looking down the road into the future regarding man, what God sees is all mankind born without the Holy Spirit (unregenerate); i.e., blind (John 3:3-8), not able to understand the things of God, not accepting them because they are foolishness to him (1 Corinthians 2:14), and hostile to God (Romans 8:7-8).

God does not choose anyone because of the person's right choice, for there can be none in their unregenerate state.
Rather, the person's right choice is because God first chose him to be regenerated (John 3:8).

Your interpretation is incorrect. None of these verses say that a person can’t repent and believe the gospel. You think 1 Corinthians 2:14 is saying that a person can’t believe the gospel if they are not spiritually appraised? Read the beginning of the very next chapter.

And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Did these Corinthians believe the gospel? Yes they did believe. We’re they Spiritually appraised? No they weren’t, just as Paul said in chapter 3. Even tho they weren’t spiritually appraised they were still “infants in Christ”. So your interpretation of this passage is incorrect since it’s obvious that these fleshly Corinthians were able to believe the gospel while they were still not spiritually appraised.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your interpretation is incorrect. None of these verses say that a person can’t repent and believe the gospel. You think 1 Corinthians 2:14 is saying that a person can’t believe the gospel if they are not spiritually appraised?
Read the beginning of the very next chapter.
And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
Did these Corinthians believe the gospel? Yes they did believe.
We’re they Spiritually appraised? No they weren’t,
just as Paul said in chapter 3. Even tho they weren’t spiritually appraised they were still “infants in Christ”. So your interpretation of this passage is incorrect since it’s obvious that
these fleshly Corinthians were able to believe the gospel while they were still not spiritually appraised.
In 1 Corinthians 2:12-3:4, Paul uses "spiritual" in two different ways--of all mankind; and of Christians:
1) to distinguish between regenerate and unregenerate mankind,
---regenerate are spiritual, can understand and accept the things that come from the Spirit (2:12-13),
---unregenerate are not spiritual, cannot understand, accept the things that come from the Spirit (2:14),
and which is what God sees when he looks down the road into the future regarding all mankind;

2) to distinguish between the spiritual and carnal Christians,
---the mature Christian is spiritual with the ability to spiritually appraise/discern/judge all things (2:15),
---the immature Christian is carnal, still a babe in Christ--regenerate, but not ready for solid food (3:1-2).

So, yes. . .the carnal/fleshly (not spiritual) Christians (regenerated) were able to believe the gospel while they were still fleshly and not ready for solid food.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem confused, which brings remission of sins, Jesus shedding His Blood Matt 26:28 or repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins?

Jesus shed His blood for everyone in the entire world but His atonement will only be applied to those who repent and believe and abide in Him to the end.

Upvote 0