✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Backstory:
Their mom was a feral, wild cat that had been trapped in city limits and brought to the humane society. We had not known she was pregnant, and Sunday morning when I had gone into work that morning, we saw her giving birth in her litter box! In clumping litter! So the first two(not more than 45 min old, were covered in litter that was drying and clumping hard to their wet bodies. We couldn't leave the babies or the mom in such conditions, so we had to get the catch pole to noose the feral cat around the neck from a safe distance, and pin her to the back of the cage as I reached in to steal away her babies. I cleaned them up with a warm wash cloth, clamped and cut their umbilical cords, removed any remaining fluid from their mouth/lungs, and dried them. When all was said and done, we had struggled with the feral cat (mid-labor) and gotten her into a plastic, enclosed crate WITHOUT a litter box to continue giving birth and feeding her two already born kittens.

Well... she was feral. Wild, through and through. I had my scent on those kittens, and she wanted NOTHING to do with them. She ignored them, wouldn't feed them. We gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought that she may just be feeding them when we weren't around, but she still would not feed them when we covered her cage with a blanket to make it darker and put her in a quieter room. Then, in the middle of the night she threw her babies out of the cage and onto the cold, hard cement floor. That was the last straw.

Now I'm taking care of the litter of kittens. I've had them since they were about 2.5 days old, and they are now 5 days. There are 4 females, and 1 male.

Here be the babies:

Vendetta - Grey & White, Split Face - Male
vendetta.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

Trist - White & Grey Tiger - Female
trist.jpg

Zowie - Black & White, White Face - Female
zowie.jpg

DSC03501.jpg

Lilly - Solid Dark Grey Tiger - Female
Lilly.jpg

Amari - Black & White w/ Blaze on Face - Female