Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suppose she was looking over your shoulder when you posted...?
Nope. Besides her initial appeal, I am devoted to her before the Lord, in the vein of Ephesians 5:25-33.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't Mother Teresa a saint now?

She's my fav'rite. :)
Yep! Saint Teresa of Calcutta! :clap:

03.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tell me the reason you like him.

I really like Saint Patrick for his history and for making Ireland Christian.

St. Paul. Because of my disability and he had a thorn in the flesh. I have been fascinated by St. Paul for quite a long time also my other favorite Saint is St. Micheal the archangel. My patron Saint is St. Christopher

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That raises an interesting question in me, Tigger. Has any church body ever officially canonized Luther, who is sometimes called Blessed Martin Luther?

I am going to guess its No, merely because all those that would be likely to do so do not canonize saints, other than accepting the original ones, of course.
I was thinking the same thing so now that you mentioned it I looked it up on Wikipedia and under ‘modern Anglican Saints’ they have him listed on October 31st (which makes sense) Calendar of saints (Church of England) - Wikipedia

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Tell me the reason you like him.

I really like Saint Patrick for his history and for making Ireland Christian.

Saint Brendan the Navigator, the Patron Saint of Sailors. I was in the Navy for 22 years.

Upvote 0

Roger B

Mar 14, 2019
Ogmore, South Wales
✟9,664.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I really like St Luke because his message is very powerful and he takes no bull.

Luke Compton Beauchamp.JPG

My second favourite is St Mark who takes great pride in his work.

Mark Compton Beauchamp.JPG

The Four Evangelists together make a great team.

MMLJ 23.jpg
MMLJ 6.jpg
MMLJ 4.jpg

I found these beautiful pictures (and more) of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John at

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

Upvote 0

Zoe Hart

Pilgrim Searching for the Truth
Oct 6, 2018
Texas
✟8,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just for the record, many Christian denominations honor and respect Saints: Anglicans, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Orthodox, Methodists, some Presbyterians, Catholics, as well as Roman Catholics, etc. Obviously there is much to be learned from people who have gone before us, including and especially Biblical role models.

Saint Nicholas ranks high on my list for his generosity, plus his spirit lives on and on in our hearts...

Saint Bernadette, an asthmatic who was strong enough to stand up to family, townspeople, and church officials, even in her poor health.

The martyr Saint Catherine of Alexandria. Saint Christopher. Saint Stephen who was martyred in front of Paul.

Old Testament heroes and writers, including Moses, and many of the women. New Testament writers Luke, Mark, John, Matthew, Peter, etc., and the women. Many church-age Saints.

Plus two important Saints: Drew Brees and Tom Benson. (wink)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
St. Ignatius of Antioch, his letter to the Romans is profoundly inspiring as he looks to his own inevitable death.

St. Athanasius of Alexandria for his bold stand against Arianism and commitment to orthodoxy even at personal expense.

St. Ambrose of Milan for having the strength to stand up to the emperor.

St. Felicity of Rome who endured the loss of her seven sons but still would not recant her faith in Christ.

St. Monica of Hippo whose tears did not go to waste as she wept for the soul of her son, Augustine.

St. Patrick of Ireland who though being sold into slavery would return to his prior captors in order to preach the Gospel to them.

St. Isaac of Nineveh whose words inspire hope for even the most vile of sinners.

St. Marcellus of Tangier who was willing to throw away everything for the sake of Christ.

St. Paul Miki and the rest of the Twenty-Six Martyrs of Nagasaki, Japan.

Not formally "saints" canonically:

Martin Luther, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther King, Jr.

And finally, my mother, and both of my grandmothers (The Lord in His mercy hold them and keep them as they find their rest in Him.)

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
St. Isaac of Nineveh whose words inspire hope for even the most vile of sinners.
I have a feeling you mean St Ephraim the Syrian. St Isaac the Syrian (of Nineveh) is mostly known for his ascetical homilies, which speak of spiritual labors and lofty experiences that are rather unattainable by people living in the world.

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2019
Texas
✟46,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  1. St. Patrick. I admire his humility and the passion he had for the Irish people, especially at a time when they were seen as barbarians.
  2. St. Moses of Ethiopia. I love his life story, how he turned from being a thief and a murderer to a peace-loving, God-fearing monk, all because people sheltered him and cared for him when he didn't deserve it.
  3. St. Maria/Marinos. I only recently learned about her, but her decision to follow God even when the calling he gave her was not socially acceptable is beautiful. She didn't do it for respect or prestige either—people mocked her, accused her of things she didn't do. But she kept going. That inspires me.
  4. St. Gobnait. Irish nun. Kept bees because she could. Cattle thieves terrorized the surrounding land, so she sent the bees after them. A true heroine of the faith.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0