Visit site
✟16,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Old,new.......wherever the spirit of the Lord is,that is where I want to be!What music do you think will be in heaven??? Contemporary? old time religion?Southern gospel? What do you think is the Lord's fav? What is true worship? I know I want to know all I can to worship in spirit and in truth,wherever i am,at home ,in church, out in the garden,on my knees, wherever we are.........worship HIM!!

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mickd7 said:
None ! All Christain contemporary music gives me a head ache:sigh: . Bring back the old time religion.

"Old Time religion"....which "old time" are you refering too? Gregorian Chants? Solstace songs? Regardless, those "old time" songs were new at one time, and there was someone complaining about the modern worship songs.

Danny

Upvote 0

mickd7

Feb 9, 2005
Old Dominion
✟454.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NacDan said:
"Old Time religion"....which "old time" are you refering too? Gregorian Chants? Solstace songs? Regardless, those "old time" songs were new at one time, and there was someone complaining about the modern worship songs.

Danny[/QUOTE

Those good ole hymns that you never hear in churches anymore especially in Pentacostal churches. They would get me up more than this music today, especialy the hard rock kind that is trash no matter if it is secular or christian. As for Jesus he would like those sweet angelic songs not noise.:sigh:

I dont need music to worship God anyhow . I do my best worship and praise by myself in quite solitude!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NacDan

Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mickd7 said:
NacDan said:

Danny

Those good ole hymns that you never hear in churches anymore especially in Pentacostal churches. They would get me up more than this music today, especialy the hard rock kind that is trash no matter if it is secular or christian. As for Jesus he would like those sweet angelic songs not noise.:sigh:

I dont need music to worship God anyhow . I do my best worship and praise by myself in quite solitude!

The key here is your statement, "They would get me up more than this music today."

It is all about you, now isn't it?

Scriptures teach us to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come into his presence with singing" (Psalm 100:1-2)

"Sing to Him, sing praises to Him" (1 Chronicles 16:9)

No where in the Bible does it specify the STYLE of the music we are to sing to our LORD, only that we are to "make a joyful noise" unto HIM. I'm still trying to figure out where Jesus told us what kind of music HE prefers. Seems if it was that important, HE would have taught us?

Psalm 40: 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD .

I'm sure that no one here is condemning your choice of music for worship or any other use.

As for "the hard rock kind that is trash no matter if it is secular or christian",

Proverbs 94: 2 to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, 3 to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. 4 For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD ; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.

Bass + Guitar = 10 Strings. Don't make me go post all the references to tamborines and cymbals.

God's Peace
Danny

Upvote 0

NacDan

Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jim M said:
ZZ Top. (Okay, they’re bad, they’re nationwide, and may not be Christian yet, but I’m praying for them).

~Jim

Well, they DID sing a song about Jesus.

Danny

(Jesus done left Mississippi, heading down to New Orleans!)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I like a lot of them. I guess my fave group that I can think of at the moment is Phillips, Craig, and Dean.

Of course I like the Holy Spirits songs too. It reminds me (
ausrufezeichen12.gif
warning: rabbit trial)
hase7.gif

I was on the worship team at the church I used to attend. One Wed. night it happend to be just me and the worship leader that was there. The presense of the Lord was very strong and the worship leader who played the keyboard was just playing and neither one of us was singing.

However, in my head I was hearing a song from the Lord. Tune and everything...went right along with what the keyboard was doing. It sounded really silly to me and I just kept listening. I felt it was the Holy Spirit, but to me it sounded so "repetative" that I just kept thinking, that's not God.

The only part I can remember now, the words were "round and round and round and round".. There were more but thats all I can remember right now.

Anyway, as I stood there silently, trying to resist what I was hearing, I saw the Lord in Royal Robes spinning, circling, dancing round and round up and down the rows of seats around each person in the congregation. It was then that I had no doubt what I was hearing and began to sing it. It was pretty awesome what the Lord did that night in peoples hearts.

Ok rabbit trail over
moanimals50.gif

Upvote 0

sweetrevival

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
Woodstock, Australia
✟1,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Quaffer said:
I like a lot of them. I guess my fave group that I can think of at the moment is Phillips, Craig, and Dean.

Of course I like the Holy Spirits songs too. It reminds me (
ausrufezeichen12.gif
warning: rabbit trial)
hase7.gif

I was on the worship team at the church I used to attend. One Wed. night it happend to be just me and the worship leader that was there. The presense of the Lord was very strong and the worship leader who played the keyboard was just playing and neither one of us was singing.

However, in my head I was hearing a song from the Lord. Tune and everything...went right along with what the keyboard was doing. It sounded really silly to me and I just kept listening. I felt it was the Holy Spirit, but to me it sounded so "repetative" that I just kept thinking, that's not God.

The only part I can remember now, the words were "round and round and round and round".. There were more but thats all I can remember right now.

Anyway, as I stood there silently, trying to resist what I was hearing, I saw the Lord in Royal Robes spinning, circling, dancing round and round up and down the rows of seats around each person in the congregation. It was then that I had no doubt what I was hearing and began to sing it. It was pretty awesome what the Lord did that night in peoples hearts.

Ok rabbit trail over
moanimals50.gif

Quaffer - aren't those moments the most amazing ones! He just loves the music and praise and worship - He just love it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
NacDan said:
This goes to the question of what is the difference between Christian Music, Praise & Worship Music, and any other form of music.

As a general rule, I would qualify any music with Christian themes, i.e. songs about Christ, our relationship with Him, or our lives through him, as "Christian Music". A song like "Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns or "Fingerprints of God" by Steven Curtis Chapman; "Gravity" by Shawn McDonald; "I Want To Be A Rock Star" by Third Day; etc.

In contrast, a Praise & Worship song is a song sung TO God, not about Him or about our relationship with him. A song like "If We Are the Body" by Casting Crowns would be a "Christian Music" song, but not a Praise & Worship song. "Draw Me Close", "Hungry", Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord", "Nothing But the Blood", "Dwell", and "Every Move I Make" fall into the category of Praise & Worship. This said, not every Praise & Worship song is a Christian song. "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison is by definition a Praise & Worship song, but it is to a god other than our God.

That's the generalized catagories for "Christian Music" and "Praise & Worship Music" Just because a song is sung by a Christian doesn't make the song "Christian". If the song is secular in nature, it is a secular song. To say otherwise would be to imply that anyone who proclaims Jesus Christ to be Lord & Saviour can not be a false teacher.

God's Peace
Danny

i agree with you, what qualifies a song to be a christian song. i don't deny there are amazing bands out there who are spirit filled and sing to the glory of Jesus. but what would one say of the new r kelly, cd called "saved"
would one call that a christian song or cd, or is he just trying to cash in as gospel music is the way to go to get more sales. we need to look at the motive of the heart and the testimonies these people are living. i believe we need to be careful not to be caught up in this christian music without being careful. we need to be careful of the spirit that is in control.:wave:

my favorite groups
tree63
newsboys
mercy me
pod
pillar
michael w. smith

Upvote 0

mickd7

Feb 9, 2005
Old Dominion
✟454.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NacDan said:

The key here is your statement, "They would get me up more than this music today."

It is all about you, now isn't it?

Scriptures teach us to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come into his presence with singing" (Psalm 100:1-2)

"Sing to Him, sing praises to Him" (1 Chronicles 16:9)

No where in the Bible does it specify the STYLE of the music we are to sing to our LORD, only that we are to "make a joyful noise" unto HIM. I'm still trying to figure out where Jesus told us what kind of music HE prefers. Seems if it was that important, HE would have taught us?

Psalm 40: 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD .

I'm sure that no one here is condemning your choice of music for worship or any other use.

As for "the hard rock kind that is trash no matter if it is secular or christian",

Proverbs 94: 2 to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, 3 to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. 4 For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD ; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.

Bass + Guitar = 10 Strings. Don't make me go post all the references to tamborines and cymbals.

God's Peace
Danny

Now isnt it always about us. We all go to churches that appeal to us and look for the one that we can fit in and enjoy. Some like hymns and soothing music and some like to have raucious and emotional type music. I dont see anywhere in scripture where God liked noise like the hard rock bunch. I think he enjoys music from the heart and things like lyres and harps etc.

Upvote 0

NacDan

Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mickd7 said:
Now isnt it always about us. We all go to churches that appeal to us and look for the one that we can fit in and enjoy. Some like hymns and soothing music and some like to have raucious and emotional type music. I dont see anywhere in scripture where God liked noise like the hard rock bunch. I think he enjoys music from the heart and things like lyres and harps etc.

So Be It.

God's Peace
Danny

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.