Who is/was your favourite Republican President?

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I like Lincoln the best. The time he fought alongside Kirk, Spock and Surak against Colonel Green, Kahless, Zora, and Genghis Khan on Excalbia was outstanding. And then there were the vampires he hunted and killed. Amazing president.
my limited knowledge of Star Trek, suggests that is who you are referring to.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my limited knowledge of Star Trek, suggests that is who you are referring to.

It was a pretty good one; but it wasn't until I saw this documentary on him that I lept and shouted "Abraham Lincoln was flippin awesome!"

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Catholic, but I like your question. I promise to be polite. Also, I'm going to restrict myself to presidents in my lifetime.

I came to have a great deal of respect for George H. W. Bush. I didn't vote for him; as a candidate, he came across as much more hawkish than I am. But when Iraq invaded Kuwait, Bush consulted with several religious leaders to assess the morality of military action before sending in troops. I was impressed that he did that, that as a faithful Christian he wanted to discern whether the action he was about to take was morally appropriate.

• Informative
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It was a pretty good one; but it wasn't until I saw this documentary on him that I lept and shouted "Abraham Lincoln was flippin awesome!"

I think I'm being gaslighted. :) But I consider Mr Hyperspace a friend, so its OK.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I'm being gaslighted. :) But I consider Mr Hyperspace a friend, so its OK.

I'm just being silly. I honestly have no idea if I could even determine a favourite Republican; I'm not really into politics at all. All I know is that there's a guy called "the President" which half the people love and half the people don't. Never seems to change.

Thanks for the comment about a friend, though. I really do appreciate the kindness in what may seem a passing remark. God bless you sir.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my lifetime? I was a young child when Eisenhower was president. There was peace and a growing middle class. Strong labor unions. Returning soldiers going to college and buying homes. Not sure if this was due to him or his predecessors.

I think the only Republican I ever voted for was Bush 41--H.W. He had intelligence and character, a good human being. He was much more liberal than Reagan, whose busting the air traffic controllers union began the decline of the middle class and income inequality we have today.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll only consider those of my lifetime, and I'll say President Bush 41. He was born into a very rich and very politically well-connected family and could have easily avoided military service in WW2 had he desired. He volunteered for Naval aviation which had a high casualty rate and was in fact shot down during the war. After the war, he held many distinguished positions, including Secretary to the United Nations. During his Vice Presidency he had a couple of unfortunate missteps, including lying about his knowledge during the Iran Contra Affair and his regrettable comments after the USS Vincennes downed that airliner. During the 1988 campaign I recall liking him, but my preferred candidate was Senator Dole. I felt like Operations Desert shield and Desert Storm were swiftly and expertly carried out. Some of the aftermath was regrettable, but I blame Clinton and Bush 43 for that more than President Bush 41.

Upvote 0