Who is the Man Clothed in Linen?

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That rainbow around the throne speaks to the covenant w/ man (all flesh) through Noah (Gen. 9:11-17, Ez. 1:28, Rev. 4:3). Perhaps the bow of the first rider speaks to some 'false' covenant.

I see it as just part of the deception Standing Up, his coming to fulfil the covenant. He will appear as Christ complete with the prophesied rainbow, crown and white horse...whatever that is symbolic of.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see it as just part of the deception Standing Up, his coming to fulfil the covenant. He will appear as Christ complete with the prophesied rainbow, crown and white horse...whatever that is symbolic of.

Thank you for the [Hebrews 2:14] quote. It is a 2nd witness to [Rev.6:8] in that Death is Satan...or so I believe.
First we have 6 men in linen, 7 angels of wrath, a pale horse and a white horse, all of which you are saying is satan?

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't say linen at all. There is a white horse and a pale horse. The pale horse is death...I was under the impression that was the topic.

I didn't think my quotes came through clearly. Sorry. I agree with you that linen isn't mentioned and wouldn't be, although I do agree that the white horse in Rev. 19:11 is different from the white horse in seal one.

Sorry, I'm not interested in human reasoning, I have quoted scripture and your refuting with human wisdom. Not on the same discussion level. Post new scripture with an explaination, but mixed tells me nothing toward the discussion. The linen was left behind at the resurrection btw.

Mixed--Deu. 22:11 "You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.

Wool speaks of animal blood. Linen is from the flax plant. We're not to mix "sacrifice". Christ is of the linen.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First we have 6 men in linen, 7 angels of wrath, a pale horse and a white horse, all of which you are saying is satan?

There are six men but only one is clothed in linen. I don't see seven angels of wrath. In Revelation 6 the white horse is Satan masquerading as Christ.

Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold, a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

6:8 And I looked, and behold, a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil:
The devil has the power of death, to spiritually kill, and he uses the "pale horse" to kill...I don't know if that is or isn't spiritual but feel it is literal. Pale means "greenish, dun colored." Is that greenish horse reference to an army, perhaps an Islamic army. Are they the pale horse led by Satan?

I think it is more than a coincidence to see the reference to Satan in 9:11....for he is certainly the king of 9/11.

Revelation 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snip*

There are six men but only one is clothed in linen. I don't see seven angels of wrath. In Revelation 6 the white horse is Satan masquerading as Christ.......
:confused:
What makest thou of Reve 15/16 ;)

Luke 21:7 They inquire yet of Him saying "Teacher! when then these shall be and what the Sign whenever may be being about these to be becoming/ginesqai <1096> (5738).

Reve 16:17 and the seventh Messenger pours out the bowl of him into the air and came out a Voice great from the Sanctuary of-the heaven from the throne saying "it has become"/gegonen <1096> (5754). [Reve 21:6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are six men but only one is clothed in linen. I don't see seven angels of wrath.*snip*
Revelations 15:

5And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:confused:
What makest thou of Reve 15/16 ;)

Luke 21:7 They inquire yet of Him saying "Teacher! when then these shall be and what the Sign whenever may be being about these to be becoming/ginesqai <1096> (5738).

Reve 16:17 and the seventh Messenger pours out the bowl of him into the air and came out Voice great from the sanctuary of-the heaven from the throne saying "it has become"/gegonen <1096> (5754). [Reve 21:6]

There are seven vials and seven angels to pour the vials filled with the wrath of God but....they aren't poured until after the seventh trumpet. In [Ezekiel 9] there are only six mentioned and they aren't pouring vials filled with plagues. They have a slaughter weapon in their hands...not hail, heat, etc. I believe the weapon is the Bible. At least...that's what I maketh of it. :D

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelations 15:

5And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

You've just discovered another clue Evangelica. In Revelation the seven angels are ALL clothed in pure and white linen. In Ezekiel 9 only one of the six was in linen.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then you need to reconcile your mind with what you said in this post.
7 is the number of completion.

1. It isn't six men plus one...it is six men. It is "one man among them." Six total and not seven. Seven is the number of Christ...six isn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you need to reconcile your mind with what you said in this post.
7 is the number of completion.

I don't understand. Seven signifies spiritual perfection. Seven marks the 2nd Advent of Christ....seventh trump. At that trump the seven angels pour the seven vials. This age is over. I'm not sure what you mean? :confused:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't understand. Seven signifies spiritual perfection. Seven marks the 2nd Advent of Christ....seventh trump. At that trump the seven angels pour the seven vials. This age is over. I'm not sure what you mean? :confused:
Joshuah 6 and Reve 8 :)

Joshua 6:4 And seven Priests shall bear the seven Trumpets/07782 showphar of the jubilees/03104 yowbel before the ark/coffer/0727 'arown.
And in Day the seventh ye shall compass the city seven of times and the Priests shall blow in Trumpets/07782 showphar .

Revelation 8:6 And the seven Messengers having the seven Trumpets make ready themselves, that they-should-be-Trumpeting;[Joshua 6:4/Matt 24:31]

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Joshuah 6 and Reve 8 :)

Joshua 6:4 And seven Priests shall bear the seven Trumpets/07782 showphar of the jubilees/03104 yowbel before the ark/coffer/0727 'arown.
And in Day the seventh ye shall compass the city seven of times and the Priests shall blow in Trumpets/07782 showphar .

Revelation 8:6 And the seven Messengers having the seven Trumpets make ready themselves, that they-should-be-Trumpeting;[Joshua 6:4/Matt 24:31]

Interesting! The seven angels/messengers are the priest.

Something I just noticed a few days ago.....

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
There are "days of" the sounding. When it begins the mystery is finished but not the whole event.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who is the Man Clothed in Linen?

LLOJ subscribes....Daniel 12 also mentions a Man in linens......:)

Daniel 12:7 And I am hearing the man clothed of the linens who from above to waters of the waterway and he is high right of him and left of him to the heavens. And he is swearing in life of the age that for appointed-time, appointed-times and half and as to be concluded of to shatter of hand of people of holiness they are concluded all these [Revelation 10:5,6]

Revelation 10:5 And the Messenger whom I saw standing upon the sea, and upon the land, lifts the hand of Him, the right, into the heaven
6 and swears in the One-living who lives into the ages of the ages, who creates the heaven and the in him, and the land and the in her, and the sea and the in her--that time not still shall be, [Daniel 12:7]
That would bring it to the end of the age of the gentiles. The time that is, but not yet that time that is to come. Probably explains the silence in heaven too, much like the silence between the OT and NT, a time where prophesy is being fulfilled.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would bring it to the end of the age of the gentiles. The time that is, but not yet that time that is to come. Probably explains the silence in heaven too, much like the silence between the OT and NT, a time where prophesy is being fulfilled.
Greetings. I have an interesting thread here concerning the "Great City".

Btw, I [and a lot of others] view ALL of Daniel, the Olivet Discourse and most [if not all] of Revelation as fulfilled on OC Israel/Judah as prophecied. Thoughts? :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7164949/

Luke 19:41 And as He nears being aware the City He laments upon Her
44 and they shall be leveling Theeand the offspring of thee in thee and not they shall be leaving stone upon stone in thee stead which not thou knew the time of the visitation of thee.

Reve 14:8 And another Messenger, second-one follows saying "she falls she falls, Babylon the Great, the out of the wine of the fury of the fornication of her she has given to drink all the nations. [Jeremiah 51:8]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings. I have an interesting thread here concerning the "Great City".

Btw, I [and a lot of others] view ALL of Daniel, the Olivet Discourse and most [if not all] of Revelation as fulfilled on OC Israel/Judah as prophecied. Thoughts? :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7164949/

Luke 19:41 And as He nears being aware the City He laments upon Her
44 and they shall be leveling Theeand the offspring of thee in thee and not they shall be leaving stone upon stone in thee stead which not thou knew the time of the visitation of thee.

Reve 14:8 And another Messenger, second-one follows saying "she falls she falls, Babylon the Great, the out of the wine of the fury of the fornication of her she has given to drink all the nations. [Jeremiah 51:8]
I don't share your opinion about that. Spiritually I think that each believer's experience can be traced in revelations, but a literal fulfulment is as eminent as any other fulfulment of scripture was.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't share your opinion about that. Spiritually I think that each believer's experience can be traced in revelations, but a literal fulfulment is as eminent as any other fulfulment of scripture was.
It is ok to agree to disagree :)
Btw, I could use some more votes and input here on this thread. Just to see how different Denominations view it.

I had it up on the GT board, but for some reason, it got moved to the "unorthodox" board :D

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392923/
How much of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seven is the number of completion and the seven churches are God moving to bring the church to completion. The sevenfold Spirit of God are the Spirit's dealings with the churches and bringing the church to it's full potential in Christ.

Upvote 0