Who is in control of this world?

Not_By_Chance

Site Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟62,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I sometimes wonder whether God or Satan is currently in control of this world.

Let me give just one example: A famine in Africa. We’ve all seen the pictures on TV of people starving to death; even children. Now we could say that this is all man’s fault because if everyone worked together on the continent of Africa, it could be one of the wealthiest continents on the planet. Think about it – Africa has precious minerals like gold, diamonds, a desert area where sunshine could be turned into electricity, wetter areas to grow crops, wonderful beaches and game reserves for tourists, oil for fuel and so on. But instead of working together for the common good, we see corruption, fighting, barbarity in the name of a god called “Allah”, etc. So we could put the blame 100% on man’s actions. But what about if a significant cause could be attributed to lack of rainfall. It begs the question, why doesn’t God at least send rain to help people grow their crops and feed themselves? Or is Satan being allowed to wreak even more misery that he has already done since the fall of creation? Or (third option), is the planet running on autopilot and as such, these things are bound to happen? Has anyone any ideas on this that they could share?

Reactions: Floramay

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
We know that God the Father is still on His throne therefore we can trust that He is in full control of what happens here and that for the current age Satan is the prince of this planet free to roam but he's limited he can't do anything to earth or us without God's permission.

Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not good with words, so I'll just try my best, and hopefully I make at least some sense. It's not the fact that God cannot send rain to help people grow their crops; he can. It's just that if he did, then we would not learn from Him. By praying to Him to help us, he will provide. It is also our responsibility to help those in need, like the poor in Africa, however, human greed has led to this. We do not help one another because we are worried about our own problems.

Upvote 0

Richard161171

May 7, 2017
london
✟16,467.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes wonder whether God or Satan is currently in control of this world.

Let me give just one example: A famine in Africa. We’ve all seen the pictures on TV of people starving to death; even children. Now we could say that this is all man’s fault because if everyone worked together on the continent of Africa, it could be one of the wealthiest continents on the planet. Think about it – Africa has precious minerals like gold, diamonds, a desert area where sunshine could be turned into electricity, wetter areas to grow crops, wonderful beaches and game reserves for tourists, oil for fuel and so on. But instead of working together for the common good, we see corruption, fighting, barbarity in the name of a god called “Allah”, etc. So we could put the blame 100% on man’s actions. But what about if a significant cause could be attributed to lack of rainfall. It begs the question, why doesn’t God at least send rain to help people grow their crops and feed themselves? Or is Satan being allowed to wreak even more misery that he has already done since the fall of creation? Or (third option), is the planet running on autopilot and as such, these things are bound to happen? Has anyone any ideas on this that they could share?
Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and celebrate, because great is your reward in heaven; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you.

Romans 5:3
Not only that, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

Reactions: Nathan98
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or is Satan being allowed to wreak even more misery that he has already done since the fall of creation?

Greetings.

This is essentially your answer right here. God indeed has the power to help save all of Africa from their oppressions, but their oppressions are there because of their own doing to a large extent. There is more witchcraft being practiced in countries like Uganda today than anywhere else in the world right now. Demonic spirits have control over large swaths of the African continent because the people there have largely given themselves over to them. This means that God has no choice but to allow their sufferings, hoping that it eventually leads to their repentance.

The same could be said of countries like Haiti, which to this day is experiencing terrible spiritual hardship as a result of the spiritual darkness they gave themselves to long ago.

Sort of a dark answer because it's a dark subject matter to have to discuss, but that's the deal.

God bless, and keep your hopes up. God can bring good out of any evil.

Yours in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior,
Hidden

Reactions: Thedictator
Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I like " God's Wrath against sin ", in Romans

Rom 1:28

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or is Satan being allowed to wreak even more misery that he has already done since the fall of creation? Or (third option), is the planet running on autopilot and as such, these things are bound to happen? Has anyone any ideas on this that they could share?
I suggest a cool, unemotional appraisal of available data shows that, on average, the state of the world is actually improving with time.

Despite appearances, the world is getting better, not worse.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suggest a cool, unemotional appraisal of available data shows that, on average, the state of the world is actually improving with time.

Despite appearances, the world is getting better, not worse.

Can you elaborate as to why you think the world is getting better, not worse? I'm not taking offense to your comment, but I'm just curious as to why you think that. On the contrary, I think the world is getting worse.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you elaborate as to why you think the world is getting better, not worse? I'm not taking offense to your comment, but I'm just curious as to why you think that. On the contrary, I think the world is getting worse.
Thanks for asking. Let me start with something I am quite confident about claiming: the world is getting markedly less violent over time - less war, less murder, less genocide, less animal abuse, etc. The data supporting this claim is compelling.

I concede that I have not carefully looked at available data re other aspects of human life. However, there are reasons to expect the world is indeed getting better:

1. Technology greatly improves life overall, especially relative to healthcare. On the other hand, it has spawned global warming which could be disastrous;

2. It seems pretty clear to me that, in the west at least we are making progress at becoming more humane. Do you realize that public torture was common in Europe a few hundred years ago. Now, it is unheard of. And if someone so much as slaps their cat, public outrage ensues. Donald Trump aside, I also think racism is clearly on the way out. I suggest it is fairly clear that, on the while, humanity is getting kinder and gentler.

3. The media enormously distorts and bears a huge chunk of the blame for people thinking the world is getting worse. There is a well-known phenomena in psychology whereby we exaggerate the likelihood of things we hear about. Terrorism is an example. I believe an American is more likely to die in the bathtub than at the hands of a terrorist. Yet people greatly magnify the risk of being a victim of terror.

Just some thoughts.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for asking. Let me start with something I am quite confident about claiming: the world is getting markedly less violent over time - less war, less murder, less genocide, less animal abuse, etc. The data supporting this claim is compelling.

I concede that I have not carefully looked at available data re other aspects of human life. However, there are reasons to expect the world is indeed getting better:

1. Technology greatly improves life overall, especially relative to healthcare. On the other hand, it has spawned global warming which could be disastrous;

2. It seems pretty clear to me that, in the west at least we are making progress at becoming more humane. Do you realize that public torture was common in Europe a few hundred years ago. Now, it is unheard of. And if someone so much as slaps their cat, public outrage ensues. Donald Trump aside, I also think racism is clearly on the way out. I suggest it is fairly clear that, on the while, humanity is getting kinder and gentler.

3. The media enormously distorts and bears a huge chunk of the blame for people thinking the world is getting worse. There is a well-known phenomena in psychology whereby we exaggerate the likelihood of things we hear about. Terrorism is an example. I believe an American is more likely to die in the bathtub than at the hands of a terrorist. Yet people greatly magnify the risk of being a victim of terror.

Just some thoughts.

1. While Technology does greatly improve life overall, as well as healthcare, there are some disadvantages to technology:

• Job loss – replacing humans;
  • World destruction weapons – increasing endless wars;
  • Increased loneliness – social isolation;
  • Competency – increased dependency on modern tools that reduces our creativity and intelligence.
  • Dependency - The more advanced society becomes technologically, the more people begin to depend on computers and other forms of technology for everyday existence. This means that when a machine breaks or a computer crashes, humans become almost disabled until the problem is resolved. This kind of dependency on technology puts people at a distinct disadvantage, because they become less self-reliant.
2. Humanity is **Not** getting kinder and gentler. Human greed is a worldwide issue, and don't get me started on human trafficking, legalization of guns, slavery (yes, it still exists), persecution, sexual assault. All these things are taking place in the world, probably every day at least one of the above happens. Btw, for First Nations people, many children and teens are commiting suicide at a very alarming rate.

3. It's true that the media distorts many things, but why do you believe an American is more likely to die in the bathtub than at the hands of a terrorist? That is not up to you to decide, it is not up to me to decide, or anyone else to decide. Only God decides the fate of every single person in the world.

I'm sorry, but I had to say something about this. And I'm pretty sure most people agree with me on this.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. While Technology does greatly improve life overall, as well as healthcare, there are some disadvantages to technology:

• Job loss – replacing humans;
Two things:

1. Have you considered the possibility that jobs lost in one sector are being more than offset by more jobs in another (e.g. producing technology).

2. Why is working so important? As technology improves, it seems reasonable to assume that fewer and fewer people will need to work anyway.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2. Humanity is **Not** getting kinder and gentler.
Do you have actual data to support your claim? I have actual data that humans are getting less violent and "kinder and gentler".

Upvote 0

Not_By_Chance

Site Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟62,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Just some thoughts.
I think that in general terms the world is a lot better than it used to be, due largely to man's ingenuity in the use of technology to make life more comfortable. But it's not that simple, because there are some parts of the world where life has been getting a whole lot worse, the most noteable of course being Syria and some other middle eastern countries. In those areas, people are being subjected to the full horror of the dark side of man's ingenuity (bombs, chemical weapons, torture, etc). Even in the developed west, we have drugs, guns aplenty, knives/machetes/swords being used in gang warfare. One fundamental change is that warfare now is not usually between soldiers wearing uniforms but has taken on the sinister form of non-uniformed combatants (even children) strapping on explosives and blowing themselves up without warning and more recently, killing and maiming lots of people by running them over in motor vehicles. How can people hate others so much that they can carry out such heinous crimes? This just has to be the work of Satan and his demons. And lest we forget, the more we become used to the comfortable life, the more vulnerable we become.

Reactions: Nathan98
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This world is not getting better. Just look at the hatred and dissension between political parties. Sure, maybe its not always violent, but its dissension none the less. Dissension is a work of flesh. Satan would have us believe this dissension is ok, but its not. It doesnt glorify God.

Upvote 0