✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well,

We know that our Lord is same Good Lord who sent Moses to save Israel from the Pharoh :

88. Moses prayed: "Our Lord! Thou hast indeed bestowed on Pharaoh and his chiefs splendour and wealth in the life of the present, and so, Our Lord, they mislead (men) from Thy Path. Deface our Lord, the features of their wealth, and send hardness to their hearts, so they will not believe until they see the grievous penalty."

89. Allah said: "Accepted is your prayer (O Moses and Aaron)! So stand ye straight, and follow not the path of those who know not."

90. We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah)."

91. (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)!

92. "This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"

Surah 10 ( Jonah)

And also he is the same Lord who sent Jesus Christ The Messiah and aided him with the holy spirit and abled him to speak in his cradle and rise the dead.

29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

36. Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!

Surah 19 (Mary)

We don't have another God,, we simply have another picture of Him.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Brain Damage

And this is what jesus is explaining to his fellow jews , that if they don't believe he ( jesus ) is the son of God then they are worshipping their father the Devil . Please read !

And I'm willing to believe this to be true of Jews who *met* Him... but past that, if they continue to pray to the God who made covenant with Abraham, then who else could answer them?

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Seebs I think you are limiting the scope of what jesus was saying...when you say : And I'm willing to believe this to be true of Jews who *met* Him...

And how could they be praying to the God of Israel when they don't recognize jesus as the "I AM".

John 8

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"
58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Brain Damage
Seebs I think you are limiting the scope of what jesus was saying...when you say : And I'm willing to believe this to be true of Jews who *met* Him...

And how could they be praying to the God of Israel when they don't recognize jesus as the "I AM".

The same way they did it before He was made flesh?

I mean, think about it. In the year -8, there was some Jewish guy who was praying to God all the time, and they had a good relationship. The guy was maybe 18. So, he's got a relationship with God, he keeps praying to God, they stay close. When, exactly, do his prayers start going to some false God instead of the real God? When Jesus is born? When Jesus starts His ministry? When this guy first hears rumors about the ministry?

This guy never rejected Jesus - he rejected stuff that mortal men *told* him about God, because his faith was strong.

God doesn't always correct our errors; sometimes, our mistakes are so deeply rooted in us that we couldn't correct them without being harmed. So, instead, He *forgives* us.

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by seebs
The same way they did it before He was made flesh?

I mean, think about it. In the year -8, there was some Jewish guy who was praying to God all the time, and they had a good relationship. The guy was maybe 18. So, he's got a relationship with God, he keeps praying to God, they stay close. When, exactly, do his prayers start going to some false God instead of the real God? When Jesus is born? When Jesus starts His ministry? When this guy first hears rumors about the ministry?

This guy never rejected Jesus - he rejected stuff that mortal men *told* him about God, because his faith was strong.

God doesn't always correct our errors; sometimes, our mistakes are so deeply rooted in us that we couldn't correct them without being harmed. So, instead, He *forgives* us.

Gee seebs...why do you do this to me? :scratch:

I understand what you are saying seebs , but jesus was the coming messiah they were waiting for but they rejected him .

How can a person reject God while he is in the flesh on this earth and then worship and pray to that same person but not believe that it is the same person when he is in heaven , if you were jesus...how would you feel about that ?

Seebs your driving me nuts with this stuff , go and buy yourself a milk shake will ya and stay away from me . LOL  :)

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"i could go on but im sure you get the point.
"

Go on all you want, people don't translate names when refering to other people. that's just a simple fact. This is why people say, no, its pronounced like .....

""Our" God has said it was okay to hurt someone who hurts you....
"
No, you're only reading half the book, typical from someone who hasn't read the bible all the way through. Christ clearly clarified that statement and then said do not resist an evil man. Did you miss that part or just cut it out of your bible? ;)

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,724.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Outspoken
Go on all you want, people don't translate names when refering to other people. that's just a simple fact. This is why people say, no, its pronounced like ..... 

so you're telling me in france, germany, italy, japan, china, russia, and every other country in the world people say the english word "God" instead of saying dieu or dio or whatever else?  :scratch:

wow....

just wow

that is the most arrogant, stupid, idiotic, xenophobic, and frankly retarded statement i've heard all day.  congratulations :(

if you cant accept the fact that in different languages different people have different names you are blind.

they might not translate your name simply because it is not worth translating because you are just a person.

god on the other hand is much much more so they will translate it.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

""Our" God has said it was okay to hurt someone who hurts you....
"
No, you're only reading half the book, typical from someone who hasn't read the bible all the way through. Christ clearly clarified that statement and then said do not resist an evil man. Did you miss that part or just cut it out of your bible? ;)

Outspoken, I really wish you would learn to use the quote function. It took me a while to realize you were responding to my post.

And yeah, I just cut that part out of my "Liberal Theology, Woman Who Rides the Beast, Anti-Christ" Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"instead of saying dieu or dio or whatever else?"

Yup, if you wanna be techinical I should call him by his proper name El or what the greek or hebrew equivallant is. The problem you encounter is that allah does NOT have the same characteristics as God, thus they are clearly two different people.

"I just cut that part out of my "Liberal Theology, Woman Who Rides the Beast, Anti-Christ" Bible."

LOL. Don't make yourself a martyr. You clearly took the passage out of context, forgetting the words of Christ.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

LOL. Don't make yourself a martyr. You clearly took the passage out of context, forgetting the words of Christ.

I NEVER make myself a martyr. But I did get a "LOL" out of you. I suppose it was worth it.

Jesus did change everything but that doesn't negate the fact God at one time DID say it was okay to hurt someone who hurts you.

“Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.”--Deuteronomy 19:21

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
1 Corinthians 8
4Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Philippians 2
9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums