Jesus Follower
Jun 3, 2009
ohio
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen many on here saying they have seen and felt demons, but what about angels?
I was told the other day by a church leader that if I can see into the spirit realm and sense and see demons, that I should also be able to see the more 'positive' side too: angels.

Now I don't recall ever seeing what I beleive to be an angel....out of the 5 in my family who can see or feel demons, only 2 has sensed the angels.

My mom saw 2 Angels around the room I was in as a baby singing and going around in a circle surrounding something...she has seen them in the sky and has seen them sometimes when she thinks of my twin brothers who had died as infants.

But I was wondering who has seen these or felt these?
I have been asking to be more open: to experience not just the evil beings but the good ones also.

If you have: what have they looked like?

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
Azle, Texas (Eagle Mountain Lake)
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen many on here saying they have seen and felt demons, but what about angels?
I was told the other day by a church leader that if I can see into the spirit realm and sense and see demons, that I should also be able to see the more 'positive' side too: angels.

Now I don't recall ever seeing what I beleive to be an angel....out of the 5 in my family who can see or feel demons, only 2 has sensed the angels.

My mom saw 2 Angels around the room I was in as a baby singing and going around in a circle surrounding something...she has seen them in the sky and has seen them sometimes when she thinks of my twin brothers who had died as infants.

But I was wondering who has seen these or felt these?
I have been asking to be more open: to experience not just the evil beings but the good ones also.

If you have: what have they looked like?

I am really sick of these people who love to speak about demons and the Devil as if they were trying to scare people, when they should be speaking of God who alone is the One we should fear. It is God who can kill a person and bring them up in a place they know not, into horrific condemnation.

And God alone.

As for seeing angels... I have seen many angels, but I can not speak of this right now.

What is important is to have fellowship with the believers, who are themselves (those that are worthy) true messengers of God.

Visions and dreams quickly pass away, but the Word of the Lord remains forever.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
Azle, Texas (Eagle Mountain Lake)
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean you are sick of.............
are you saying people should not be scared or worried by the demonic or what?

Do not fear those who have the power of death, fear He who can kill you and then after put you into Hell.

That would be God.

Does that answer your question?

Upvote 0

*Matilda*

Psalm 60:12
Jun 4, 2009
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
I've never knowingly seen an angel. I'm curious as to what your mother
saw. Scripture talks of taking care to be hospitable, in case we are entertaining
angels without knowing it. I'd think they take the image of people when they are
here to minister to the saints....

I've been curious as well.

Reactions: Oddish
Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Matilda for leading me to this thread....I loved what you said in ND...and wanted to see more of your posts....which is what led me here...hope you don't mind...:blush:

I don't know if you read my post in ND...but I believe the two witnesses that led me to my encounter with Christ Jesus were angels...:)

I also had an encounter with another angel not long after that...I call him my "apple pie" angel.

I had just recently came to Christ...and I was under such spiritual attack...I won't go into detail but just leave it to say...I was very troubled and feared for my emotional well-being....so much so....I went to see a psychiatrist who diagnosed me as bipolar and prescribed me lithium...

Anyway....I decided I wasn't bipolar and didn't want to go down the lithium road...but I was still just overwhelmed by what was happening to me...

...I was waiting tables midnights and it was the wee hours of the morning when this man came in and ordered apple pie ala mode and coffee...

He ate his pie...boy did he like that pie...and I was leaning on the back counter just lost in thought over all the things that were going on in my life and in my head...and he started talking to me...

...Just telling me these stories...and before I knew it....I just couldn't take my eyes off him....I was so drawn to him....hanging on to every word...and as he spoke...all my cares and concerns just flowed out of me...and everything was clear as a bell and all my angst and fear was replaced with this peace and joy that I couldn't explain. I had a genuine smile for the first time in months!

I got home and my rommate was still up...we worked together and she got home an hour or so before I did...and she was right smack dab in the middle of everything that was going on around me...

We sat at the table and I was telling her about this man at the counter and all he said to me....which for the life of me I can no longer remember....and telling her how he ministered to me...and helped me....and how overcome with peace and joy and all of a sudden...it hit me...OH MY...HE WAS AN ANGEL SENT BY GOD!

At that moment...this...for lack of a better word...sparkling energy just whished through the room....right through both of us...I'll never forget the look on my roommates face....she turned absolutely white...her eyes wide as saucers and her chin just fell to the floor...

...I was elated to say the least...and I was like ...wow did you FEEL that? I knew she did....and my poor roommate....she just whispered...yes...and slowly got up from the table and and said...sometimes...it's just not all that easy to be around you...I'm going to bed now...

I still smile and get the warm fuzzies when I think of that night...:)

I'm so thankful and grateful....that man turned so much around that night.

I wasn't bipolar...I was under spiritual attack...the enemy doesn't like a whole big bunch when the Lord snatches us from his claws...

...I didn't need a 'script for lithium...what I needed and what God sent...was an angel who loves apple pie!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
I once woke and saw an angel sitting on my bed. This frightened me. I often wake at night feeling a presence, as if I'm wrapped in the arms of God or an angel. Sometimes I feel more then one comforting presence flowing peace and joy into me. Often wish I could just stay there forever.

It seems to me if you focus on God intently your experience is of those things of a higher order more frequently. The same is true of negative. If your focus is intently on the enemy the result is a keener sense of their presence.

My two cents.

PEACE
JWN

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChaseinChrist

The LORD's Annointed
Sep 18, 2005
South Carolina
✟478.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Never seen them with physical eyes, but sensed some pretty huge ones in spirit. Wanna take this up a noch? How about angel feathers. Some claim to have actually gotten feathers from rooms that angels have been in. I remember I was in a room one time, and a feather fell out of nowhere. I was just sitting in a chair and happend to look ahhead of me and saw a feather appear out of nowhere and fall to the ground. I picked it up God spoke in my spirit that it was an angel feather. Quite an interesting experience...of course I was in a time where I needed peace, so I feel that's what that particular angel was doing around me at the time.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
never seen a demon or an angle or a leprechaun either.

I have a friend who claims to have chased a little red man with horns carrying a pitch fork around in the woods. He's an old southerner a real nice guy.

Anyway the same guy tells me it's impossible that there are bears in a particular woods where I go camping. That is regardless of what the game warden tells me.

Historically there haven't been bears in those woods. It's just funny that he expects me to believe his story about the horned cleft footed guy with the pitch fork, but, won't accept the word of the game warden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find it amazing that so many people have seen things, but then society still scoffs at the supernatural realm. I'll bet there are some revealing surveys already done.

That's intimidating. It is not you who chooses to bring these beings into sight and proximity.

God does things for reasons. People who need encouragement and support or clarity will get the messages and visions that they need. If you are functioning just fine without parted seas, then God does not need to jostle your walk with them.

A cantankerous spirit will have an agenda -- to trip you up.
A God-fearing spirit will also have an agenda -- to reinforce your faith or inform you of something unusual, that you might not otherwise believe.

Maybe my theory isn't scriptural, but it seems to flow with how appearances happened with the patriarchs.

I have been serving on worship team when friends of mine have seen rows of angels in the back of the sanctuary. I was facing the back the whole time, and did not see any. God treats us as individuals, and knows every hair on our heads. He knows what we need.

If we get too many visions and talk about them, it easily appears like spiritual competition. There is an important element of humility that needs to be cherished, when dealing in a supernatural realm.

Reactions: *Matilda*
Upvote 0

*Matilda*

Psalm 60:12
Jun 4, 2009
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
heron said:
If we get too many visions and talk about them, it easily appears like spiritual competition. There is an important element of humility that needs to be cherished, when dealing in a supernatural realm.
This is so true... I've seen several people hurt by the competition that can result from manifestations.
I agree, humility is the balance that keeps these very real possibilities able to bring growth.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is so true... I've seen several people hurt by the competition that can result from manifestations.
I agree, humility is the balance that keeps these very real possibilities able to bring growth.
It sounds like you have quite a collection of stories.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
sparkling energy just whished through the room....right through both of us...I'll never forget the look on my roommates face....she turned absolutely white...her eyes wide as saucers and her chin just fell to the floor...

...I was elated to say the least...and I was like ...wow did you FEEL that? I knew she did....and my poor roommate....she just whispered...yes...and slowly got up from the table and and said...sometimes...it's just not all that easy to be around you...I'm going to bed now...
ROFL!!!!
but sensed some pretty huge ones in spirit.
I would guess that's true of the OP too. I haven't figured out how we can sense the size, but I know exactly what you mean.

Upvote 0