Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Okay, for the last few weeks I've been on a steady podcast and YouTube diet of Bryan Wolfmueller, Dr. Jordan Cooper, Issues, etc. (podcast) and recently found some audio of Hans Fiene. Rev. Fisk is cool but I'm not cool enough to get his style so I really don't watch his work.

Anyone else I should give a listen to? I'm looking for confessional Lutherans only.

I found a fella that owns Pieper's work and he's willing to lead them to me so I'm excited about reading it.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: Daniel9v9

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟401,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Nice one!

I have to agree with you with regards to Rev. Fisk - He has a wealth of knowledge for sure, but his approach or pace can perhaps be a bit tricky. I think Wolfmueller really shines in this respect - he's very easy to listen to, without being condescending or too slow.

Anyway, you may already know some of these as they've featured on Issues etc, but I'm throwing them out there in case you haven't checked them out yet:

Dr. John Kleinig - An outstanding Lutheran scholar from Australia. He wrote two commentaries for CPH's Bible commentary series.

Rev. Brian Kachelmeier - I only just recently started to listen to his stuff, but it's very good. He runs the Redeemer Theological Academy.

Rev. Peter Bender - A regular guest on Issues Etc who does the Catechesis series. I find him very good and methodical. He runs the Concordia Catechetical Academy.

I can also recommend Home Page - Concordia Theological Seminary's Media Hub which has a lot of great free resources. They also have video series. I've watched a few, including one on John and another on Exodus, which were terrific!

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The podcast Being Lutheran are from AFLC Lutheran ministers, they are pretty good. I haven't listened to them in a bit, but I have corresponded with Jason from that podcast and he is always a wonderful person and solid in Lutheran theology.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0