Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In Ezekiel Ch. 45 and 46 it mentions a prince (singular) who has very specific tasks - who do you think he is and what makes you sure he is who you say he is?

MJ Only - if you are not MJ you may ask questions, but not teach :)

Last edited:

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If what Ezekiel describes in previous chapters about the Temple and it is the Millennial temple being talked about then it can't be anyone but Yeshua.

There are some indications that this temple is unlike the others.

No court of Gentiles - No wall of partition
No court of Women
No menorah
No veil etc

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ezk 44 mentions him also

1 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
2 Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the L-RD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
3 It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the L-RD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to think it was Yeshua but if this verse is translated correctly, then it couldn't be:
Eze 45:22 And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I used to think it was Yeshua but if this verse is translated correctly, then it couldn't be:
Eze 45:22 And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering.
Makes me think of 2 Corinthians 5:18-21

Particularly this verse; 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

If the prince is Yeshua then 'God made him to be sin'. So he had a need for an offering. Which reminds me of Hebrews 10:5-10.

And this;
12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.
14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”
17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Particularly this verse; 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

If the prince is Yeshua then 'God made him to be sin'. So he had a need for an offering. Which reminds me of Hebrews 10:5-10.

And this;
12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.
So it was just a one time offering?

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So it was just a one time offering?
I don't know. If Yeshua is the prince, and God made him (as) sin, and the Spirit testifies that this was the will of God for him to offer his body as sin for the redemption of mankind. Then, could be. ;)

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If Ezekiel's temple is the Millennial Temple and the priests are still getting married (Eze. 44:22) I'm going to have to rethink what I thought about the millennial reign. :)
Why does the millennial reign have to only be 1000 yrs? Couldn't it mean that Messiah will reign for thousands of years, and then come to rule in person. Sometimes I think we are already in the millennial kingdom, not of this world. But when heaven comes down to earth and all is made one then the King is visibly enthroned to all. Right now we see dimly, but we see. Maybe the 'millennial reign' means he rules for thousands of years? That would sure explain the huge gap between his first and second coming. I think of all the verses that state our king has come, and is enthroned on high. In heaven. And I know that heaven comes down to earth in the end. The 'end' of the 'rule for thousands of years', and the beginning of the rule for eternity. Could be...

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Where will the prince live when he's not in the Temple 46:12 compared with 43:1-7, given that the people live in houses, and are still dying (44:25-27)?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Another thing to ponder: 44:29 says that the priests shall eat the meal, sin and guilt offerings, but 46:19-24 implies that the people eat them; if not why have hundreds of separate hearths made for boiling the sacrifices.

If the sacrifice was made by the prince on the Cross, why are they still being offered?

• Useful
Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do we need some strange assumptions about the "prince", if there is directly written:

ג אֶת-הַנָּשִׂיא, נָשִׂיא הוּא יֵשֶׁב-בּוֹ לאכול- (לֶאֱכָל-) לֶחֶם--לִפְנֵי יְהוָה; מִדֶּרֶךְ אוּלָם הַשַּׁעַר יָבוֹא, וּמִדַּרְכּוֹ יֵצֵא.

נשיא - president

occam__razor.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeshua also underwent John's baptism which was for repentance from sin.

That seems unnecessary, but He said it was to fulfill all righteousness. (Matthew 3:15) IMO it was part of HIS identification with sinful mankind.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yeshua also underwent John's baptism which was for repentance from sin.

That seems unnecessary, but He said it was to fulfill all righteousness. (Matthew 3:15) IMO it was part of HIS identification with sinful mankind.

The immersion was part of the enthronement of Yeshua as King and although John wanted to be immersed by Yeshua, he was told to fulfill all righteousness - ie Yeshua had to be anointed as King - hence the dove and the father's voice and the title he was given on the cross 'hamelech Yehudim' that made Pharisees and Sadducees so angry.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If the prince equates to nothing more than a president, what gives him the right and power to enter by the East Gate?

JPS suggests three possibilities: a Priest, a King or the Messiah, but the first two would't have the authority to enter by the East Gate, given that the Temple is filled by the Divine Presence already. On the other hand Messiah wouldn't offer sacrifices for himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the prince equates to nothing more than a president, what gives him the right and power to enter by the East Gate?

JPS suggests three possibilities: a Priest, a King or the Messiah, but the first two would't have the authority to enter by the East Gate, given that the Temple is filled by the Divine Presence already. On the other hand Messiah wouldn't offer sacrifices for himself.
The President does not enter the Temple through the Eastern Gate, because these gates will be closed forever. The President of Israel will enter the temple complex through the northern or southern gate, then he will offer sacrifices on behalf of the Israeli people, to the East Gate of the inner court, and he himself will sit down in the hall, which is near the outer East Gate, which are locked from the outside.

nasi.jpg

temple_new3b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Never mind, you are missing the point :)
?

The President of Israel will promote the construction of the Third Temple in the Judean Desert. For these merits he will receive a reward: the post will become hereditary. The President of Israel is not the Messiah, all Israel will be the Messiah, when the Israelites will be believers in Jesus Christ. Constructing the Temple will be very difficult. But that Israeli leader who does this will receive a reward from the Lord. He and his descendants will be given a large portion of the land, on the western and eastern sides of Holy Oblation.

And Jesus Christ in the form in which He was on Earth during the First Coming, will never appear.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And this;
Yeshua was made to be sin while he was alive in the flesh. His death then paid for the sins that he bore. Once he resurrected, he arose pure and he will return in that pure state as well (Hebrews 9:28). He does not need a sin sacrifice for himself.

Upvote 0