Who do we pray to? Have a relationship with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mootay

Dec 26, 2005
melbourne
✟15,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i think if your praying from your spirit and not your neurosis, then your heart is in the right place and god will hear you no matter what even if you call him bill. but i think as you mature in your faith you should be trying to understand the trinity and the understanding of father son and holy spirit. that is "GOD" jesus is the mediator for us to the father. its because of jesus we can enter into the presence of god anytime because he acts on our behalf.

Upvote 0

Simonline

The Inquisitor
Aug 8, 2002
North West England
Visit site
✟13,927.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
wipeout said:
God the Father, I would assume for logic's sake, is YHWH(Jehovah), God Almighty to whom we pray. Jesus Christ was the Word born in the flesh (John ch. 1). Christ's spirit is the Holy Spirit(Romans ch. 8).

No. YHWH is the name of the God who is ONE (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all YHWH, both individually and collectively.

The Eternally begotten Son/Word of God incarnated to become the human Messiah - Jesus of Nazareth (has remained the human Messiah Jesus of Nazareth ever since and will continue to do so forever).

The Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit of God and therefore, by definition, is also simultaneously the Holy Spirit of the Father and also the Holy Spirit of the Son since both the Father and the Son (along with the Holy Spirit) are equally YHWH...ONE God.

Does that clarify things for you?

To better understand here's some points to ponder:

Jesus was God's Only Begotten---The Word of God is the Only Begotten of God(through which the worlds were made)

No. The Messiah IS the Eternally begotten Son/Word of God. That fact can never be in the past or future tense with God who is Eternal ('timeless'). Jesus is the human name of the Messiah. Only the Messiah's human nature is temporal (subject to time) but the Messiah's existence as the Divine Creator/finite creature hybrid will be forever.

Jesus said he was the Truth, and he said that God's Word is Truth
And the Spirit of Jesus Christ(the Holy Spirit) is the Spirit of Truth

This is because the Messiah is God incarnate. The unique God-Man ('Emmanuel' - God with us) and not a humanized deity or a deified human.

The Word is God's Seed, The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God's Seed(Christ)
EG "Born of God"... Jesus being born from the Spirit.

No. The Word IS God (God is absolutely incapable of duplicating himself). The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who by definition is also the Spirit of the Father and the Spirit of the Son because both the Father and the Son (along with the Spirit) are all the ONE YHWH God (both individually and collectively).

Jesus said in John "Unless you eat my flesh (the Word) and drink my blood(the Spirit) you have no part with me"

In response to where Jesus said "I and the Father are one" consider the following:
In proverbs it states that: "As water reflects the face, so a man's heart reflects the man"
man was created in God's image
Jesus said "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks"
Thus out of the overflow of God's heart He spoke His Word(Jesus)
And His Word would Be a reflection of who He was
As it is written of Jesus "He is the image of the invisible God"
God and His Word are One Even as you and your word are one.

No. This is not correct. The Son/Word of God is ETERNALLY begotten. This means that the Word is no more or less God than God Himself (Jn.1:1). The Messiah is absolutely not 'the Son of God' in the way that a human son is the son of a purely human father (i.e. a separate and distinct human being) instead the Messiah is God himself as incarnate (actually being a human being instead of just appearing to be one).

The Messiah is 'the image of the Invisible God'...'in whom all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in bodily form' precisely because he is God Incarnate and not simply a humanized deity or a deified human.

for when you consider it relating to humans:
a)your word, or the concept of your word
b)made a person
c)would basically be identical to you

The ETERNALLY BEGOTTEN Son/Word of God has never been a 'concept' and has never been 'made' or 'created' into anything for that matter, since both of those things require time in order to facilitate change. As God, the ETERNALLY BEGOTTEN Son/Word of God is Eternal and therefore exists outside of time and thus, by definition, cannot 'change' to become anything that he is not already (i.e. He is, by Nature, absolutely Immutable).

Point to ponder: Are not your word and you one?

Can't wait to see YOUR 'word' incarnate as a human?!

Or am I the only one who sees this logic?

Sorry, but your logic is flawed and doesn't correspond exactly to reality.

P.S. There's a lot more to all this logic

Simonline.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.