Who are we? Why are we here? Where are we going? What are we supposed to be doing?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Who are we? Why are we here? Where are we going? What are we supposed to be doing?

The answer to all of this/these is in one word "Love"... It is who we are supposed to be and is why we are here, and is where we are going and is what we are supposed to be doing...

But, there is a problem... We are also here to "judge", and judge between good and evil... The very thing that kills us and brings a curse upon us and our own heads... And/or and because, in whatever (person, place, thing or whatever) you or me or we might judge (another, ect), we are not supposed to judge hypocritically... But we inevitably do, and therein lies the problem... Because in whatever (person, place, thing, or whatever) you or me might judge another (person, place, thing, ect) we cannot deny that the "seed" of such (evil) is still in, and still exists within each one of also, if only in seed form...

And/or/but, but besides that, how do those two work together...? Love and Judgement or judging...? And how do they work together without us bringing a curse upon us, or our own heads, or by cursing us with death itself...?

Comments...?

Discussion...?

God Bless!

• Useful
Reactions: Virious

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And/or/but, but besides that, how do those two work together...? Love and Judgement or judging...? And how do they work together without us bringing a curse upon us, or our own heads, or by cursing us with death itself...?

Proverbs 18
" 12Before his downfall a man’s heart is proud, but humility comes before honor."

Proverbs 15
"33The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom,and humility comes before honor."

James 4
"10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you."

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does this have something to do with your election? The only one we can change is ourselves, then the only one we can judge is ourselves. Besides, we all suffer from the same original sin of self will, so in pointing fingers at others we still only point at ourselves. God said in judging others we judge ourselves, so it holds.

Matthew 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

We can simply sow a seed. By not forcing it to grow in our image we do not control, thus judge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Does this have something to do with your election? The only one we can change is ourselves, then the only one we can judge is ourselves. Besides, we all suffer from the same original sin of self will, so in pointing fingers at others we still only point at ourselves. God said in judging others we judge ourselves, so it holds.
We judge, it is inevitable, we do it all the time, it is impossible to go through or live this life without doing it (at all), so we must learn to do it rightly and justly without sinning correct...?

You can say your not going to ever judge at all ever, but how successful will that be...?

We are put in situations also where we are forced to judge also basically, and we need to know how to handle it and handle it right and rightly ahead of time, correct...?

There is also that scripture that says when we judge to judge with righteous or right or correct judgment as well...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are put in situations also where we are forced to judge also basically, and we need to know how to handle it and handle it right and rightly ahead of time, correct...?
As I said.. We can simply sow a seed. By not forcing it to grow in our image we do not control, thus judge. But if put in a position of judgement then we do so as if the accused was ourselves. 2nd commandment of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As I said.. We can simply sow a seed. By not forcing it to grow in our image we do not control, thus judge.

And we should always do that, if and where we "can" that is...

But if put in a position of judgement then we do so as if the accused was ourselves. 2nd commandment of Jesus.

How do we do that, when we are two completely different people, with different backgrounds and past paths that led up to it, ect...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How do we do that, when we are two completely different people, with different backgrounds and past paths that led up to it, ect...?

Because we all create the same original sin so we are familiar with it. It is not the deed but the reason behind it that we all share.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because we all create the same original sin so we are familiar with it. It is not the deed but the reason behind it that we all share.

"All create the same original sin" what do you mean...?

"And we all share the same reason behind it" again, what do you mean...?

And I'm talking about generalities here, but specifics, how do we judge rightly or justly without sinning in specific situations of sin and or sinning, when and where we have to or must, ect...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everything comes from the original sin of self interest over the will of God who's will is selflessness. Whatever deed is done, be it harm, theft, greed etc all spring from that original sin. We are all guilty of it so as I said we are familiar with it in ourselves. That is why Jesus said to love neighbour as self. That applies in judgement. It's that simple. How would you convict yourself?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Everything comes from the original sin of self interest over the will of God who's will is selflessness. What ever deed is done, be it harm, theft, greed etc all spring from that original sin. We are all guilty of it so as I said we are familiar with it in ourselves. That is why Jesus said to love neighbour as self. That applies in judgement. It's that simple. How would you convict yourself?
So, we don't judge at all or anyone ever...?

I'm sorry but that is not every realistic...?

We have to judge sometimes, even like, in a situation I am in all the time, who to help and who not to help, and how to help and whoa and where and when, ect, ect... And I do not always judge the same or the same way all of the time, and a lot of it is heavily dependent upon my own feelings at the time, also...

So, I'm not just only talking about judging cases of sin, but I am also talking about "all of our everyday decisions and decision making and choices" as well...

God Bless!

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, we don't judge at all or anyone ever...?
That's is not what I said. We make our judgements as if they were upon ourselves, we treat each other the way we would want others to judge, treat us. We deal with others the way we would like to be dealt with by them.
Example.. it is easy to judge someone like Trump but if it was you in his position, how would millions of people be judging you? Would we like to reap what we sow if put in the positions of those we judge?

Someone else's turn now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's is not what I said. We make our judgements as if they were upon ourselves, we treat each other the way we would want others to judge, treat us. We deal with others the way we would like to be dealt with by them.

Thanks man,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Example.. it is easy to judge someone like Trump but if it was you in his position, how would millions of people be judging you? Would we like to reap what we sow if put in the positions of those we judge?

Someone else's turn now.
What about our other everyday decision making...?

Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think humility and mercy are the qualities which bind together love and judgement properly. What I mean by this is that if you are self-righteous, not humble - if you don't see your own flaws - when you are judging a situation you will not be inclined to be merciful towards the faults of others involved. Maybe this means that you would look on a friend who became angry and started cursing and throwing things and think "So-and-so shouldn't do that - I would never do that - they will be condemned for this behavior." and you tell them so, and probably they become more angry. The other way might look like "So-and-so shouldn't do that - I understand though, I get angry and lose my temper too. Lord help us." and you are bringing God into the situation with your prayer, not requesting condemnation but mercy. In either situation you are judging, but where is the love in the first?

Another way to look at it is that we should be thinking of each person as if they were Christ, because whatever we do "to the least of these", we do to Him. So how would we judge the person before us if they were Christ? How would we react to their needs and their behaviors?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think humility and mercy are the qualities which bind together love and judgement properly. What I mean by this is that if you are self-righteous, not humble - if you don't see your own flaws - when you are judging a situation you will not be inclined to be merciful towards the faults of others involved. Maybe this means that you would look on a friend who became angry and started cursing and throwing things and think "So-and-so shouldn't do that - I would never do that - they will be condemned for this behavior." and you tell them so, and probably they become more angry. The other way might look like "So-and-so shouldn't do that - I understand though, I get angry and lose my temper too. Lord help us." and you are bringing God into the situation with your prayer, not requesting condemnation but mercy. In either situation you are judging, but where is the love in the first?

Another way to look at it is that we should be thinking of each person as if they were Christ, because whatever we do "to the least of these", we do to Him. So how would we judge the person before us if they were Christ? How would we react to their needs and their behaviors?
Good words sister,

Thanks,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The answer to all of this/these is in one word "Love"... It is who we are supposed to be and is why we are here, and is where we are going and is what we are supposed to be doing...

But, there is a problem... We are also here to "judge", and judge between good and evil... The very thing that kills us and brings a curse upon us and our own heads... And/or and because, in whatever (person, place, thing or whatever) you or me or we might judge (another, ect), we are not supposed to judge hypocritically... But we inevitably do, and therein lies the problem... Because in whatever (person, place, thing, or whatever) you or me might judge another (person, place, thing, ect) we cannot deny that the "seed" of such (evil) is still in, and still exists within each one of also, if only in seed form...

Comments...?

Discussion...?

God Bless!

Two words that could change the world.

Be Kind (to one another)

Regardless of our differences.

Upvote 0