Not open for further replies.

mooduck1

Dec 7, 2006
✟16,270.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Ditto. I agree as well - and well put, Jaws.

God's work is to persuade us to believe and with our free will choose Him. If we had no free will, God's work would be irrelevant. The Bible is replete with admonitions, persuasions, urgings to reason out the truths we have been given. Free will is necessary to be persuaded, for without it, persuasion is worthless as an activity.

In Him,
:preach:

Upvote 0

Eph. 3:20

Aug 19, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
✟778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ditto. I agree as well - and well put, Jaws.

God's work is to persuade us to believe and with our free will choose Him. If we had no free will, God's work would be irrelevant. The Bible is replete with admonitions, persuasions, urgings to reason out the truths we have been given. Free will is necessary to be persuaded, for without it, persuasion is worthless as an activity.

In Him,

God's work?

Does God have work to do?

If God had work to do, does that mean that God is incomplete if the work does not get done? That is like saying the fullness is not full or the complete is incomplete.

If God has work to do, who would God call to do the work?

If God had work to do, and God is first cause, then all work would have been created by God to begin with.

What can happen that God has not caused to happen, if God is first cause?

It seems that the term I AM THAT I AM is a state of being, not a state of doing. So we are created in His likeness... Humanbeings, not Humandoings. It is our doingness that has got us in to trouble, because we all believe there are different things we are required to do by God. We will even kill to meet those requirements.

Eph.

Upvote 0

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's work?

Does God have work to do?

If God had work to do, does that mean that God is incomplete if the work does not get done? That is like saying the fullness is not full or the complete is incomplete.

If God has work to do, who would God call to do the work?

If God had work to do, and God is first cause, then all work would have been created by God to begin with.

What can happen that God has not caused to happen, if God is first cause?

It seems that the term I AM THAT I AM is a state of being, not a state of doing. So we are created in His likeness... Humanbeings, not Humandoings. It is our doingness that has got us in to trouble, because we all believe there are different things we are required to do by God. We will even kill to meet those requirements.

Eph.

Sorry Eph - didn't intend to set you off like that - perhaps I should have cited the Scripture to which I was referring:

"28...they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?"
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (John 6:28f - emphases mine)

My point in referencing this Scripture was to demonstrate God's efforts to persuade us to believe in Him and in His Son. Certainly Jesus also spent much effort getting His audiences to believe in Him - He references a number of times the works He is doing as evidence of who He is, particularly when the people would rather have signs (e.g. "give us a sign, that we may believe..." from this same passage, and etc.)

I apologize for any confusion.

In Him,

Reactions: mooduck1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.