Zürich
✟133,488.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Matt5. That was interesting. I promised not to say whether I agree or disagree, but yes, there is no way that anyone who takes the mark is going to be counted among the Lord's sheep. All of this is very sobering stuff for me. Not that I've been intoxicated with "winds of doctrine", but for want of a better word than the word "scary", I'll use the word "sobering".

We know the harvest of the tares comes before the wheat is gathered. The tares are harvested and burned. How does that burn part work?

It looks like the tares are in countries that are nuked. But what about the Christians in those countries? Unless they flee or get prepared, they die along with the tares. That means those Christians are tares too.

Gee, that sounds kind of bad. How could it be true?

We know the return of Jesus is near. I think within 25 years and maybe within 20 years. That means big things could really start happening, like really big wars - the wars, rumors of wars thing. Should I be worried about a really big war today? Anybody living in the US is in pretty big trouble right now.

5 Places Where World War III Could Erupt in 2022 - 19FortyFive

What does the Russian ultimatum to the West mean? | Desk Russie

Here is my list of saved articles: Emerging Risks.

Note the second article and its publication date - 30.12.2021. I was kind of shaking in my boots after reading that one. I also know the Russian people are getting generally prepared for nuclear war. China is playing its own dangerous game over Taiwan. For some reason, China is currently accumulating half the planet's grains. That's odd. Or maybe it knows something we don't.

China Accused of ‘Hoarding’ Grain

Welcome to the Tare community. The burn part starts now.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He’s teaching about judgement day, and the righteous being separated from the wicked

the wheat = the righteous

the weeds/tares = the wicked

just as a farmer harvests his crops and separates the wheat from the weeds growing amongst it, keeping the good and destroying the bad, so will Christ separate the righteous from the wicked, keeping the good and getting rid of the bad

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to know what others think about the identity of the tares. Reading what I've quoted below should make it obvious that I believe the tares refer to those who are members of the invisible part of the church that is an harlot (not visible to us, but visible to God). I'm not going to argue against your opinion, if you believe differently. I just want to know what others think.

Matthew 13
37 He answered and said to them, He who sows the good seed is the Son of man;
38 the field is the world; the good seed are the sons of the kingdom; but the tares are the sons of the evil one.
39 The enemy who sowed them is the Devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it shall be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity (Greek: anomía, lawlessness)
42 and shall cast them into a furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous shall shine out like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

41 The Son of man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity (Greek: anomía, lawlessness).

It's the same word that is found in Matthew 7:23; Matthew 23:28; Matthew 24:12 (lawlessness abounding); and 2 Thessalonians 2:7, and it's related to the word describing the son of perdition as the man of lawlessness (Greek: ánomos) in 2 Thessalonians 2:8.

Matthew 7
21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness! (Greek: anomía, lawlessness).
24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.

So, comparing it with Matthew 24:12 and all the other verses where the same word is found, who are the tares in Matthew 13:38?

41 The Son of man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do lawlessness.

Revelation 17
16 and the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked. And they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
17 For God gave into their hearts to do His mind, and to act with one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast until the words of God will be fulfilled.
This is a planting after the Second Coming, it is not even about the church.

The wheat is planted by Christ on earth. Satan is also working at that time. The angels are harvesting. So the church is neither planting nor harvesting. The Second Coming brings Christ to earth, along with the angels. This is about the nations, and during the time of the 7 Thunders. The 7 judgments the church was not allowed to read about. This is after the church has been taken away. It is even after the sheep and goats have been dealt with. This is the harvest of the Nations before those last 42 months of desolation.

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those that become vessels for destruction, the tares,
They became vessels of destruction when they chose unbelief, ie, they have never believed in YHWH's claims, and now are eternally locked into unbelief, condemned already, (ie, outside of HIS saving grace), John 3:18.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They became vessels of destruction when they chose unbelief, ie, they have never believed in YHWH's claims, and now are eternally locked into unbelief, condemned already, (ie, outside of HIS saving grace), John 3:18.
Indeed so, unbelief will keep anyone from heaven.

But that's not all. Here is another way many will miss heaven, including more than a few who believe...:

Matthew 7:12-29

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed so, unbelief will keep anyone from heaven.

But that's not all. Here is another way many will miss heaven, including more than a few who believe...:
Consider:

The demons know who He is but they don't know Him, Jn 8:29 “What do You want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have You come here to torture us before the appointed time?”, nor does He know them. HE never knew those false worshippers and those who did miracles in His name, Jn 7:23 And then I will declare unto them, 'I never knew you; depart you from Me, those working lawlessness.' nor the five foolish virgins who were in the wedding party but HE did not know them either even though He created them.

This would tend to prove that to know denotes a lot more that just knowing about and must include affection and acceptance.

Therefore the rejection of these demons cannot denote backslidden believers, ie the once faithful who are rejected for their evil works or not doing good works since HE said, Jn 6:39 "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." Another way of saying Jn 3:18 is those believers who fall into sin are never condemned but non-believers are condemned already for their sin of unbelief...as proven by their evil works.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Consider:

The demons know who He is but they don't know Him, Jn 8:29 “What do You want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have You come here to torture us before the appointed time?”, nor does He know them. HE never knew those false worshippers and those who did miracles in His name, Jn 7:23 And then I will declare unto them, 'I never knew you; depart you from Me, those working lawlessness.' nor the five foolish virgins who were in the wedding party but HE did not know them either even though He created them.

This would tend to prove that to know denotes a lot more that just knowing about and must include affection and acceptance.

Therefore the rejection of these demons cannot denote backslidden believers, ie the once faithful who are rejected for their evil works or not doing good works since HE said, Jn 6:39 "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." Another way of saying Jn 3:18 is those believers who fall into sin are never condemned but non-believers are condemned already for their sin of unbelief...as proven by their evil works.

Logical.

Notice that the the 5 virgins who ran out of oil initially had oil, at the beginning.....

Notice that. They had oil and gathered to wait for the Bridegroom, with some amount of initial oil in their lamps. --> Matthew 25:1 "At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

But they did not have enough oil to last. They were not like the wise who made the choice of getting more oil to take along with them.

So, they went from a state of being ready -- acceptable and saved -- to becoming not ready.... As they did not bring enough oil.

So...next, read with true listening verses 12-29 of Matthew 7 ESV

Maybe the most clear of all is to listen carefully to the wording of John chapter 15, 1-17.

Branches that are on the Vine -- already there initially -- but then do not bear fruit over time.... will therefore be cut off (any branch that bears no fruit will be cut off), gathered, and thrown into the fire and burned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Logical.

Notice that the the 5 virgins who ran out of oil initially had oil, at the beginning.....

Notice that. They had oil and gathered to wait for the Bridegroom, with some amount of initial oil in their lamps. --> Matthew 25:1 "At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

But they did not have enough oil to last. They were not like the wise who made the choice of getting more oil to take along with them.

So, they went from a state of being ready -- acceptable and saved -- to becoming not ready.... As they did not bring enough oil.

So...next, read with true listening verses 12-29 of Matthew 7 ESV

Maybe the most clear of all is to listen carefully to the wording of John chapter 15, 1-17.

Branches that are on the Vine -- already there initially -- but then do not bear fruit over time.... will therefore be cut off (any branch that bears no fruit will be cut off), gathered, and thrown into the fire and burned.
I'm following this conversation between yourself and @TedT . I think it's interesting and informative, but also momentously important to us.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just wanted to know what others think about the identity of the tares. Reading what I've quoted below should make it obvious that I believe the tares refer to those who are members of the invisible part of the church that is an harlot (not visible to us, but visible to God).
That would be inconsistent nomenclature.

The professing church is the visible church, tares mixed in with the wheat.
The invisible (true) church is the wheat.
Tares can't be the true church.
I'm not going to argue against your opinion, if you believe differently. I just want to know what others think.

Matthew 13
37 He answered and said to them, He who sows the good seed is the Son of man;
38 the field is the world; the good seed are the sons of the kingdom; but the tares are the sons of the evil one.
39 The enemy who sowed them is the Devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it shall be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity (Greek: anomía, lawlessness)
42 and shall cast them into a furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous shall shine out like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

41 The Son of man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity (Greek: anomía, lawlessness).

It's the same word that is found in Matthew 7:23; Matthew 23:28; Matthew 24:12 (lawlessness abounding); and 2 Thessalonians 2:7, and it's related to the word describing the son of perdition as the man of lawlessness (Greek: ánomos) in 2 Thessalonians 2:8.

Matthew 7
21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness! (Greek: anomía, lawlessness).
24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.

So, comparing it with Matthew 24:12 and all the other verses where the same word is found, who are the tares in Matthew 13:38?

41 The Son of man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do lawlessness.

Revelation 17
16 and the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked. And they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
17 For God gave into their hearts to do His mind, and to act with one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast until the words of God will be fulfilled.

Upvote 0