White Supremacy Is Terrorism, Not a Difference of Opinion

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes. We are in the midst of a relentless media campaign against a president who is effectively a New York Democrat who just so happened to run on the Republican ticket. Completely innocuous things he says are regularly cast as being racist.

But people aren't just disagreeing. They're accusing even the most minor difference of opinion as stemming from racism, and they're doing it nonstop.

I continue to be disappointed that all I'm getting is assertion piled on top of assertion.

You're still misunderstanding and/or misrepresenting my argument. My argument is that when you demonize the moderates, you create no social difference between the moderates and radicals.

OK. Just like if one demonizes the moderate left, they create no social difference between the moderates and the radicals. I mean, I get that the hope here is to characterize moderates as far-left for some reason, but it isn't as if everyone who finds arguments against, say, affirmative action is a far-left radical. So you trying to lump them together is just going to radicalize people on the center-left, at least if we believe your argument. Which makes it weird you'd do so.

Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I continue to be disappointed that all I'm getting is assertion piled on top of assertion.
Maybe you'll get more once you start accurately recapitulating my point of view.

OK. Just like if one demonizes the moderate left, they create no social difference between the moderates and the radicals. I mean, I get that the hope here is to characterize moderates as far-left for some reason, but it isn't as if everyone who finds arguments against, say, affirmative action is a far-left radical. So you trying to lump them together is just going to radicalize people on the center-left, at least if we believe your argument. Which makes it weird you'd do so.
This I agree with. Demonizing the Far Left but not the moderates creates an incentive to be a moderate. That's why I speak well of Tulsi Gabbard.

• Haha
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dumbest quote from the article....

"The ideology is violence, and its adherents are by definition a threat."

Thoughts and ideas aren't violence. I wish people like the author would have the guts to come out and say what they mean instead of dancing around it. If they want to start policing speech and thoughts....they should just say so.

Deleted my stupid comment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dumbest post in this thread.
The author is not saying that the idea itself is a violent act. He's saying that the idea is one that promotes and causes violence.

Nope. He's definitely saying that the ideas themselves are violence. He repeats the claim throughout the article...and frequently complains about freedom of speech protecting people.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are we talking about a handful of White nuts across this nation of 350 million who act out in their deranged mental state

Show me the incontrollable mobs of White Supremists on TV almost every week.
I'm not sure why someone on this forum would take it upon themselves to either defend White Supremacists or to try and convince people that White Supremacy isn't a problem in USA.

Of all the people to defend, of all the topics to defend, this rates on a priority for you? You want to put your name and your reputation on a defence of WS?

Start 2m35s in on this clip.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. He's definitely saying that the ideas themselves are violence. He repeats the claim throughout the article...and frequently complains about freedom of speech protecting people.
I apologize. I didn't read the article thoroughly enough, and I shouldn't have said what I did.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I apologize. I didn't read the article thoroughly enough, and I shouldn't have said what I did.

Apology accepted. I had to read it a couple of times myself to understand the point being made. The author compares white supremacists to MS-13 gang members and radical muslim terrorists...both of which don't get arrested for their beliefs. They get arrested for criminal activity. When the author says...

"People who devote their lives to purging “their” country of nonwhites are a threat; their presence at a community event makes others unsafe."

He's literally saying it should be a crime to hold those beliefs. He's saying that we shouldn't have to wait for such people to commit an actual crime. He's saying their mere existence should be criminalized.

That's about as authoritarian as it gets.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apology accepted. I had to read it a couple of times myself to understand the point being made. The author compares white supremacists to MS-13 gang members and radical muslim terrorists...both of which don't get arrested for their beliefs. They get arrested for criminal activity. When the author says...

"People who devote their lives to purging “their” country of nonwhites are a threat; their presence at a community event makes others unsafe."

He's literally saying it should be a crime to hold those beliefs. He's saying that we shouldn't have to wait for such people to commit an actual crime. He's saying their mere existence should be criminalized.

That's about as authoritarian as it gets.
I hate to break it to you but I think it could and will get a whole lot worse. I know what you mean though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny how the only people who constantly try to downplay the threat of white supremacy are the people who would never be targeted by white supremacists.

Same goes for Black supremacy/supremacists doesn't it.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you'll get more once you start accurately recapitulating my point of view.

Nice example of poisoning the well. When I read things like that, it makes me feel the posts resorting them have run out of legitimate approaches towards defending their point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Wonder if it has anything to do with white supremacists doing things like running people over with their cars for disagreeing with them at "community events"?

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would if they existed.

Search engines are your friend, oh look there's one :idea:

louis%2Bfarrakhan.jpg

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Search engines are your friend, oh look there's one :idea:

louis%2Bfarrakhan.jpg
Ok. You found one.

How many people has he killed say, compared to the El Paso shooter?

Better yet, how many terror attacks have “black supremacists” been responsible for in the last 10 years?

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok. You found one.

How many people has he killed say, compared to the El Paso shooter?

Better yet, how many terror attacks have “black supremacists” been responsible for in the last 10 years?

You'd have to check all of the big city police blotters to come up with a good number.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You'd have to check all of the big city police blotters to come up with a good number.
You mean you can’t point to one major attack by a “black supremacist” in the last 10 years?

Well I guess we know now who the real threat is.

See, if you had asked me the same question I could point to El Paso. I could point to Charlottesville. I can point to Dylan Roof or the Synagogue shooters or Timothy McVeigh.

Upvote 0