Which would you rather have on your bookshelf?

Which award would you rather have sitting on your bookshelf?

• Olympic Gold Medal - any event, summer or winter

• Other sporting championship - such as golf, tennis, football, football, baseball

• Society and Science - such as the Nobel Prize

• Literature - such as the Pulitzer Prize

• Music - such as a Grammy, AMA, CMA

• Stage & Screen - such as a Oscar, Emmy, Tony

• Military - such as a Medal of Honor

• Honorary degree - such as a PhD

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I added a vote for your husband :)

As incredibly cliche as it is, I'd say I'd love to have a Nobel Prize - really in any category. Runner up would probably be a World Series of Poker bracelet, partly because you want wear it, so it's a great conversation piece :D

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh I guess something that would honor my accomplishment for having a best selling book, would that be a politzer prize?

Actually, I like stuff of personal value, so I put other. Like something someone gave me, or something my grandma made. Something that is neat enough of itself, but that is personally special. I decorate my house with that kind of stuff. I have this antique lamp on my night stand that my grandma painted on the glass... and hubby thinks is ugly and I need to throw it out. But I think it's beautiful and special. Too bad it has some kind of short now.

HB

Reactions: 3girls2dogs
Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I added a vote for your husband :)

As incredibly cliche as it is, I'd say I'd love to have a Nobel Prize - really in any category. Runner up would probably be a World Series of Poker bracelet, partly because you want wear it, so it's a great conversation piece :D
awwww thanks. :hug: that was sweet.

I love books. I could get lost in bookstores. I go in, and I am pleasantly lost. I wish I could write fiction like the authors I love. I have so many ideas for books, but I never even have a clue on how to start.

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I guess something that would honor my accomplishment for having a best selling book, would that be a politzer prize?

Pulitzers are typically journalism, but it's the same category (literature) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Assume that any of them are possible, but you can only have one. Which would you rather have? Choose a category, and feel free to be more specific in a post, above are just examples :)
My choice isn't on the list - on our bookshelves there's only room for books! We're lacking space, and every shelf has to be filled completely with books - no other things can go there!

I voted for a PhD as that's what I'm studying for now - but it would never go on the bookshelf, it's too large, and as I said, our shelves are for books, not for other things. So my PhD will go in some sort of closet where no one will see it, next to my husband's. :)

Upvote 0