Southern Illinois
✟8,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
the one i still have...2005 Honda crv...i am sentimental over it..we used that car behind the motor home...my lil buggy to take dogs everywhere...those days are gone...but I still have this little swamp buggy

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Was? I'm too young for that. :p

I still drive my 2002 Toyota Echo around that I inherited from my mom and dad. That is the best car I have been behind the wheel of. Gotta love the truck space, fuel economy, and hydraulic power steering. Not to mention ease of parking.

Back when my vehicular inheritance was still in question, I thought about getting a hybrid Toyota RAV4. I have also thought about getting a Cybertruck, because I'm a terrible person who likes Release the Panic by Red. Also because the destiny of said Cybertruck would be to haul construction and gardening materials around, and I like the irony of using a very shiny vehicle for the grubbiest of applications. Also because I think the Cybertruck would be cheaper to own over time than a real truck.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was? I'm too young for that. :p

I still drive my 2002 Toyota Echo around that I inherited from my mom and dad. That is the best car I have been behind the wheel of. Gotta love the truck space, fuel economy, and hydraulic power steering. Not to mention ease of parking.

Back when my vehicular inheritance was still in question, I thought about getting a hybrid Toyota RAV4. I have also thought about getting a Cybertruck, because I'm a terrible person who likes Release the Panic by Red. Also because the destiny of said Cybertruck would be to haul construction and gardening materials around, and I like the irony of using a very shiny vehicle for the grubbiest of applications. Also because I think the Cybertruck would be cheaper to own over time than a real truck.
Be careful about Cybertruck rusting and surface staining issues, though the vehicles look like something from Bladerunner. Toyotas are much better than Tesla when it comes to reliability (though, a recent Toyota airbag recall happened).

Cybertruck metal issues: This Is Why Tesla’s Stainless Steel Cybertrucks May Be Rusting

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Be careful about Cybertruck rusting and surface staining issues, though the vehicles look like something from Bladerunner. Toyotas are much better than Tesla when it comes to reliability (though, a recent Toyota airbag recall happened).

Cybertruck metal issues: This Is Why Tesla’s Stainless Steel Cybertrucks May Be Rusting
Maybe the RAV4 was a better idea lol.

I think I'll wait until they get all of the bugs worked out of it. Seems like Elon and Co. have a lot of work to do.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The car I’ve had the longest is my 2003 Subaru Forester. Which has 175,000+ miles--not that much for a 21 year old car. It still runs well and it’s my everyday transportation.

My coolest car was a 1978 red Pontiac Firebird Esprit. Just like the one in the picture. I bought it as a present to myself for surviving medical training. One morning I found a note on the windshield. It was from some girl—who’s name I forgot—saying she loved the car. And if I were male and single, she loved me, too. She left her phone number, and asked me to call her. I wasn’t seeing anyone at the time, and I admit that I was briefly tempted to call her. But as I thought about it, I figured that any girl who’d leave her number on a perfect stranger’s car may not be someone with whom I’d want to get involved. Sadly, I only had the Firebird for about 2 years. A lady hit the front end and seriously damaged the frame. She pleaded guilty in traffic court, was fined, and her insurance paid for repairs. But the car wasn’t the same, and I sold it. Still, it was one uber-cool ride. And definitely a babe magnet. :oldthumbsup:

78Firebird.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have severe anxiety/panic disorder so I do not drive, but I like minivans because they remind me of my childhood. lol

Sorry to hear about that. I used to have bad anxiety driving too. Thankfully most of that has gone away.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to hear about that. I used to have bad anxiety driving too. Thankfully most of that has gone away.
Thank you. I'm not willing to share many details because they are private. I don't mind using Lyft though, thankfully I'm always been safe :)

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have severe anxiety/panic disorder so I do not drive, but I like minivans because they remind me of my childhood. lol
I do not drive cos of my ADHD/executive functioning disorder, so we are almost the same, though minivans are not that cool in my opinion.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nice. Though, you are from MS (where it rarely snows) on your profile, so what do you use the 4x4 mode for, if I may ask?
-​

I used to do a lot of watersking and had a fairly heavy mastercraft boat to get in and out of the water. As where i skied most of the time, there was no concrete landing, just gravel and dirt.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-​

I used to do a lot of watersking and had a fairly heavy mastercraft boat to get in and out of the water. As where i skied most of the time, there was no concrete landing, just gravel and dirt.
Amen to that, you actually use your truck for hauling stuff*. In my city, it seems that 90% of the trucks here are >$80,000 new model year GMCs, Ford F-150s or Rivian ones that have shiny hitches (haven't been used for hauling) or no pile of stuff sticking out of the bed. So, thank you for being part of the small percentage of truck owner that use their trucks as a tool. :)

*Direct quote from The Drive (article link: You Don't Need A Full-Size Pickup Truck, You Need a Cowboy Costume): "According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less."

Upvote 0