Which tree will you eat of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

womanofgodwcci

Militant Intercessor-You better ask somebody!!
Jan 4, 2005
Georgia
✟16,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can eat freely from every tree but one. Just think, there were thousands of trees in the Garden, but the temptation of man was for one. Isn't that just like us, we get so focused on the one tree we can't have that we neglect the plenteous freedom of all the other trees available to us. No, we'd rather pursue that which is not our own. That usually causes a wound that essentially paralyzes the rest of our lives. Your spiritual journey through that wound could reveal more than you ever thought possible. Instead of shrinking away in guilt, walk it out in triumph. There is no life lived without Him. He is life and without Him you are a dead man walking. He has placed virtually no restrictions on the pleasures (trees) around us. To think that God is working purposely against you is insane; He ALONE is the one who loves you furiously and with an addictive intent. You are His passion, His desire, the apple of His eye, His thoughts are only thoughts of good towards you with an expected end that is phenomenal, for lack of a better word. Get to know you by getting to know Him. Now, that requires work on your part, but don't you want someone to work for your attention and affection too? It's no different for God. He wants to know that you love Him and want Him enough to chose Him. To chose Him is to chose life. Lurking deep down in the darkest alleys of your soul is an intensity to be loved. Give God permission to arrest your agenda's and your tormentor. Let Him give the death sentence to vilify you once more.
Don't you think it's worth it, I mean to truly live, don't you?

amorosi

Jan 22, 2005
✟957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's always nice to eat from the tree of life

To feed from God's tree is to know "life"

have and experience it

Their is a tree in the midst of the "New Jerusalem" baring twelve manner of fruits - located in the midst of the STREET ( rev 22:1-2 )

How nice to see the tree of life .....Again !! ( no ) :confused:

And no devil or serpent this time to inerfere with lies and seduction ( nice ) how very nice !

The serpent who used trickery Guile Deceit, and lo now has many ( alais names ) did u say alais names....yes

Bit like keeping track of those who might indulge in "many names" in these places....too, by way of ANOLOGY - that is.

:scratch: HMMM now what was their log in name again, don't lose track of all those "passwords to other names" either

Was it mary john doe or fred the mischevious one, or rocks are us - hold on give me a minute to think.

or

Perhaps it's time to use this one ( alias name that is ) today, that other one tommorow, and yet again that other personality the next day, yes i will do that then, i think this [log in name] under these circumstances is ideal and purfect .....indeed yes

I Can amen my own posts then, and congradulate myself with adulation - tell myself - how good i am !

Wait around guys though, first i log out, then i log in with my other name....and da da (presto) IM baaaaaccckkkk

( alter personsality now talking to self and posts ) That's right gurl, you preach up a storm and i like those nice posts of yours, you tell it straight, i like your style !

Man your on fire gurl !!:o

Okay gotta go, ....ya all, as my other log-in name wants a turn too ( hmmmm or is that my alter ego ) getting the better of me again ???? :sleep: grrrrrrrr

Upvote 0

Jaison

Oct 30, 2006
KERALA -INDIA
Visit site
✟15,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think , Still the tree in the Eaden is here. God is looking at to see who is going to eat the fruit. The liar is also here. So we have to be careful. To findout the tree and the fruit which is forbiden we have to ask our Jesus Christ, He will send the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
God didn't want people to know right from wrong. He didn't want them to live by law, he wanted them to be free.

Most christians make the mistake of eating and eating and eating from the law tree even after they've been saved.

You need a law to live by to the same degree that Adam and Eve needed it before the fall. In other words, like a fish needs a bicycle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I have, dozens of them. You always either ignore, or tell me what the scripture 'doesn't' mean. Seems a bit evasive to me, Holo.
You're probably just as "evasive" as I am. Why not tell me what it doesn't mean that God didn't want Adam and Eve to know right from wrong?

Upvote 0

jrlinz

Aug 21, 2006
Katy TX
✟11,720.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're probably just as "evasive" as I am. Why not tell me what it doesn't mean that God didn't want Adam and Eve to know right from wrong?
I won't play that evasive game, Holo. You would easily beat me at it, anyway. But, I will tell you what it does mean: the simple, painfully obvious. He did not want them to look for the twisted (wicked or evil) rebelious perversions of His ways, which had been the private practice of only Satan and his cronies up the that point. He wanted them (Adam and Eve) to stay simple, in obedience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

womanofgodwcci

Militant Intercessor-You better ask somebody!!
Jan 4, 2005
Georgia
✟16,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD did not want us to know right from wrong, that was not His perfect plan for us. He wanted us to know Him and His ways ONLY that is why we were initially given dominion and authority in the earth it was His gift to us. The perfect plan would have been for things in the earth to have evolved the way God initially intended. But there was an assault of the heart. A sacred hatred, if you will, for God's love being shown to us, MAN!!! Satan hated it and had to intrude and invade that love. He had to do it because it was his first and foremost intent in heaven to be most loved even over God. Mankind was assaulted because of a lack of love that Satan so desperately wanted and needed from God but felt like he wasn't getting what HE FELT he deserved. When he saw that God loved us so much that He made US in His image and after His likeness and gave US dominion and authority...the very thing that Satan got kicked out of heaven for...he was furious and angry. God pursued US, loved US, favored US, gave US Himself. Satans' soul has a deep thirst for what God so freely gives to mankind. He will do whatever he can til the day of Christ to continue to assault and attack US because he is simply jealous that God would go to such lengths for US. That He would die on the cross for US because there was no one greater to swear by. That He would desire us, protect us and love us. Sure, it would be ideal not to know right from wrong, to only know God and His ways, but until then, walk out the fire and come out gold through your trials. It's worth it.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
He wanted them (Adam and Eve) to stay simple, in obedience.
And what did he command them? Not much :) They didn't even know they were naked, and God was fine with that.

They didn't need commandments, because they lived with God 24/7. And Jesus restored that. We've been made to be like Adam and Eve before the fall.

I think there are very profound truths in the bible's first story. It shows us how things were meant to be.

Upvote 0

jrlinz

Aug 21, 2006
Katy TX
✟11,720.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And what did he command them? Not much :) They didn't even know they were naked, and God was fine with that.

They didn't need commandments, because they lived with God 24/7. And Jesus restored that. We've been made to be like Adam and Eve before the fall.

I think there are very profound truths in the bible's first story. It shows us how things were meant to be.
You gonna die someday, boy? :confused: Not exactly the same as Adam and Eve before the fall of man, huh? Maybe you are wrong, then.;)

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You gonna die someday, boy? :confused: Not exactly the same as Adam and Eve before the fall of man, huh? Maybe you are wrong, then.;)
I'm not sure Adam and Eve had immortal bodies. Anyway I, that is, my inner man, my spirit, is born of God and will never die :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.