mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They were speaking Aramaic, not English and the Name would have been Yeshua - the word that appears hundreds of times in the Hebrew OT meaning "salvation." So if they had actually translated the Name you you would have this:

And She shall bring forth a son, and You shall call his name Salvation: for He shall save His people from Their sins.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
DAVE-W;
Yes indeed,He spoke in their own language. Their are many various names titles used in the Scriptures; each of those had their own reason for being used and half their own meaning.For example: Jehovah - Elohim - Adonia - Jehovah Elohim, etc.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As you continue reading in the 4 gospels, you will see Him clearly choosing that also gentiles will be brought into the Kingdom, both in parables, and explicitly also.

Another (more) crucial thing to take in here is that we need, all of us, all, who have already read through a gospel or all 4 even, to continue to read again, fully through entire gospels (every year, or 2 at the very most) even though we already have, and feel we already know all.

Why?

The reason is that we must listen to Him, and hear, and we must continue to listen to Him, and hear. Each of us will learn new things, over the years, as we continue to again read through the gospels, even if the 4th or 6th time. It does not matter if someone is "saved for 40 years" (as one person said recently). Does not matter. We all must continue to listen to Him.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
HALBHH:

You can not find all the truth contained in the Bible scriptures if you stay centered on the SO_CALLED- New Testament. One needs to study the scriptures in their entirety, that is, what has been given to us. For the enterity is not in the Bible.
The so called New Testament is the last part of the Old Testamen and was for the Jews. One can learn from it, however, the apostle Paul is the one whom Jesus Christ set up to teach the Gentiels; the other sheep He talked of bringing into the fold at a later time.
See what the apostle Paul said lwhat the New Testament Is.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HALBHH:

You can not find all the truth contained in the Bible scriptures if you stay centered on the SO_CALLED- New Testament. One needs to study the scriptures in their entirety, that is, what has been given to us. For the enterity is not in the Bible.
The so called New Testament is the last part of the Old Testamen and was for the Jews. One can learn from it, however, the apostle Paul is the one whom Jesus Christ set up to teach the Gentiels; the other sheep He talked of bringing into the fold at a later time.
See what the apostle Paul said lwhat the New Testament Is.

Andy Centek

Then you should be pleased to learn not only have I read fully through the Old Testament, but am currently doing so for the 3rd time. Are you glad?

Upvote 0

ZourAourbaby

Mar 8, 2018
Browns
✟1,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am wondering why that there are so many people out there who seem to actually believe that Yahoshua and the Jews around Him were speaking Aramaic.

Is this something that they use as a tool in order to propagate their confusion concerning the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts ?

Not even a significant portion of the bible is even authored in Aramaic.

Remember that the only Aramaic Scriptures that exist are only 268 verses of the 31,102 verses are in the entire Bible.
Two hundred and sixty-eight verses - out of thirty one thousand one hundred and two total verses. - The section of Daniel from chapter 2 verse 4 through chapter 7 is written in Aramaic.

Why is important for people to imagine that Yahoshua and His people around Him somehow need to have their entire lives viewed through the eYes of an Aramaic lens in order to understand their message and lives ?

When the fact is = that the language difference is nothing but an occasional tool to get the message across to those hearing the words of the Jew's book.

They used a tiny fractional, marginal root system of Aramaic occasionally and very, very seldom - in order to form a structure from the root words of their local language system. I don’t imagine for a moment that Yahoshua went around speaking Aramaic.

When Paul spoke to the Roman commander, he used Greek (Acts 21:37).
Act 21:37 And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?
When he addressed the HEBREWS he spoke to them "in their Hebrew language" (Acts 21:40).

Act 21:40 And when he had given him license, Paul stood on the stairs and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue.
Aramaic is occasionally used in the manuscripts as a tool to get the message across to those hearing the words of this book to help them understand because the Hebrew language has varied out of context with the languages root system and Aramaic help bring out certain stabilities to the message.

in the book of Act 26:14 we hear JESUS speaking to PAUL out of the heavens. -
Paul said I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue. AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN when ..... Paul is speaking TO JEWS. Act 22:1 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defense which I make now unto you. Act 22:2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them

Even when the Romans Italians { The Canaanite / European Blood Line } had crucified Yahoshua they did not write Aramaic " KING OF THE JEWS " over the cross when they placed the sign.

Joh 19:20 This title then read "" JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS "" many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.

Luk 23:38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, """ THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. """

Over the CROSS was written IN HEBREW ..because the JEWS spoke HEBREW.. The Romans tried to murder Jesus at his birth...
The Romans wanted to make sure the JEWS ... ALL JEWS - ALL JEWS understood
what happens when you try to raise up another AUTHORITY other than ROME. Writing something in Aramaic would never mean anything because no one around Yahoshua spoke Aramaic as a normal language - nor is there any evidence that anyone in the Bible spoke Aramaic as a daily language.

The evidence shows the opposite - and that people who prop up Aramaic do so as a tool to destroy the Hebrew manuscripts and insert their theories while handing out the confusion of a falsehood that everything must be
reinterpreted back again and VIEWED through an Aramaic contact or lense..

Can we not understand that Original Authors seldom, very, very little and occasionally used Aramaic for in order to occasionally clarify ideas expressed in the Hebrew. - - or am I wrong ? please eXplain Your imaginativities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums