Which is worse - sweat shop labor or homosexuality?

Which is worse - sweat shops or homosexual tolerance?

• sweat shops are the bigger evil

• tolerating homosexuality is the bigger evil

• both are EQUALLY evil

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all,

The now defunct Disney-Gay Week thread got me to thinking about our priorities. I was wondering what you thought was worse. Patronizing a company that uses sweat-shop labor and children to produce its products, or a company that allows gay people to come to its amusement park.

Think about it.

Grizzly

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grizzly said:
Hello all,

The now defunct Disney-Gay Week thread got me to thinking about our priorities. I was wondering what you thought was worse. Patronizing a company that uses sweat-shop labor and children to produce its products, or a company that allows gay people to come to its amusement park.

Think about it.

Grizzly
Why does it have to be either or? Can I not support either of them?

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
It would be worse for a company to start screening people to keep them out. Would you make the cut? What if you and your best friend of the same sex were considered to be gay by the management at the gate? What if the company also started screening out people with small children, or old people, or people with physical disabilities? All of them are liabilities too, you know...kids get into things, old people have health problems, and so on.

Upvote 0
A sin is a sin...whether we worry about what Gays are allowed to do or aren't or if a company is using sweat-shop labor and children to produce its products. Both are wrong yet we waste time arguing about which is worse. Get a grip! Why can't we just get over our judgement and love people the best we can. You don't have to agree with what they are doing but God has final justice, not us.

Give God praise everyday for the things that he DOES do for our freedoms, but don't worry and fret over the things we can't control. We can hate their sin and tell them how much we don't like it...but NEVER forget to love them anyways and to SHOW them that you still care about them. It's easy for them to think that they are hated just because we don't agree with their lifestyle.

Jesus ate with tax collectors. He told them he didn't like what they were doing, but he still loved them. Lets not forgot what REALLY matters here.

Just my 2 cents....
In Christ,
Living_water :holy:

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
Why does it have to be either or? Can I not support either of them?

Actually, I hadn't anticipated that someone would be for BOTH sweat shops AND tolerance of homosexuals.

Strange.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cbk said:
Excellent reply to a ridiculous question.

I got another question. Which is worse, beating a homosexual man or woman??? Which is worse killing one homosexual who threatens to spit on you or killing two robbers with handguns?

It's not a ridiculus question. You could, of course, choose that both were equally bad (that is an option, you know).

the point of the poll is that I see Christians getting all riled up about Gay people at Disney world when they don't see to give a **** about Disney abusing children in third world countries.

Does that clarify things for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I would also like to add that there are MANY "evil" things in this world. NOt just gays or making children work, but how about lying, stealing, gluttony, lust, greed, hypocrisy. I'm sure someone reading this is guilty of at least one of these things at one time or another. Have you ever wished you had something someone else does? If we wanted to get picky we could say that your body is the temple of God and you shouldn't be putting anything unhealthy in it...even if its tons of sweets (cake, candy bars, soda pops). How many of you are smokers? These things matter, but when do we learn to draw the line at being so picky?

Before you notice the log in someone elses eye..how about noticing the one in your own. God will have justice, how about worrying about saving as many of Gods sheep as we can instead of dwelling on which is worse?

Just a thought

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Well, my point is different from the original author's, o Milkman of the Apocalypse. ;) Mine is that even if you're against amusement park companies ALLOWING homosexuals in, having them do anything but allowing them in is unworkable and far worse than is their current policy, so obviously in comparison sweatshops are worse.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
living_water said:
Before you notice the log in someone elses eye..how about noticing the one in your own. God will have justice, how about worrying about saving as many of Gods sheep as we can instead of dwelling on which is worse?

Just a thought

Thanks living_water, but unfortunately, I don't think about things in terms of sin/no sin (not suprising, being an atheist and all). I can't wait for God to administer justice. I like to think about negative things in terms of damage to self and others. So, for me, when I think about which is worse, chaining a child to a sewing machine and making him/her work for 16 hours is worse than "tolerating" homosexuals in public.

Call me nutty, but that's just the way I am.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Grizzly said:
Hello all,

Think about it.

Grizzly

First of all, it's not a matter of having gay people at an amusement park. It's a matter of setting aside a whole week of special treatment for people who favor a deviant activity. People who don't want to watch deviant activity have a right not to go to the park.

Second, you don't have to decide between the two choices. It is possible to boycott a company that uses children in a sweatshop environment AND a company that sets aside a whole week to favor people who favor deviant activity.

How does Disney's gay week change the sweatshop at all? The are both disturbing. In fact, doesn't Disney also sell merchandise made in countries where child labor is prevelant?

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
lambslove said:
First of all, it's not a matter of having gay people at an amusement park. It's a matter of setting aside a whole week of special treatment for people who favor a deviant activity. People who don't want to watch deviant activity have a right not to go to the park.

Second, you don't have to decide between the two choices. It is possible to boycott a company that uses children in a sweatshop environment AND a company that sets aside a whole week to favor people who favor deviant activity.

How does Disney's gay week change the sweatshop at all? The are both disturbing. In fact, doesn't Disney also sell merchandise made in countries where child labor is prevelant?

Heh. Now that I have the facts that I didn't have at the start of the post, to me a whole new light is painted on this. I hadn't heard about this.

I choose the slave labor. If all they are doing is asking one week of special favor (yes, they are pushing it, but it will backfire on them) then Disney is a private park. It's up to them to say yes or no if they didn't want them there. Second, it's up to us not to go. A phone call probably wouldn't hurt, but the drop in numbers may be a sufficient response. Nothing to do with me, unless the government mandated it. I'm quite certain the homosexuals are just perched on the edge of their seats, though, waiting for that word "no", or "sorry, we can't do it anymore". They'll go running off to the courts as fast as their legs will carry them :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lambslove said:

Hi lambslove,

I was just expressing my opinion that many Christians have ignored the sweat-shop issue completely, but will now boycott Disney because of their neutral attitude toward gays. It seems to me that promoting child abuse would be a far worse thing in the eyes of a Christian. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
Grizzly said:
It's not a ridiculus question. You could, of course, choose that both were equally bad (that is an option, you know).

the point of the poll is that I see Christians getting all riled up about Gay people at Disney world when they don't see to give a **** about Disney abusing children in third world countries.

Does that clarify things for you?

Sorry, I see where you are coming from. Maybe it's a case of out of sight, out of mind. But, you point is good and should serve as even more fuel for clean-minded people to use their freedom in powers of voice and WALLET to do something about this.

No more Disney products.

Upvote 0