Which hobby would you recommend the MOST to your children ?

Which hobby would you recommend the MOST to your children ?

• Reading good novels

• Baseball

• Basketball

• Television

• Photography

• Reading proses

• Reading biographies

• Video games

• Drawing / Painting

Results are only viewable after voting.

e. barrett

May 20, 2008
Visit site
✟15,324.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Video Games: If I had children I would want them to love video games, because that's one of the ways I like to spend my time the most. I think it would be fun to share that.

Reading: Reading is a passion I learned from my mom. But I consider it more of a "lifestyle" than a hobby - because it impacts your entire life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, out of all of those I chose Photography. Ideally I'd try to encourage some sort of combination of several of those such as some physical activity, music, photography or some other form of art, and reading.

Upvote 0

fantascey

Oct 21, 2004
Many
✟18,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
ok. i would let them do whatever they want, so long as it isn't dangerous or harmful. but it encourages their creativity for them to do what inspires them. if they ask you, suggest the one that costs less money. :D

Upvote 0

SkyArk17

The Seeker of the 7th Seraph
Sep 22, 2008
My Computer!
✟15,406.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I put video games, they are surprisingly creative and enhance learning in many areas of the brain. (much more than the other hobbies) But would like my potential children to do at least a bit of all those except for maybe baseball and television.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have a Wii and play as a family. I chose that game system because a lot of the games are fairly active and most games help with hand eye coordination.

The Wii has also had success with physical therapy applications.

Upvote 0

GryffinSong

open-minded skeptic
May 7, 2007
✟8,739.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It would totally depend on the child, although tv would be at the bottom of the list. For a creative child, photography, drawing, painting, or any other art/craft will build confidence and skill. For a child who likes to be outdoors, any group sport should teach team work, good sportsmanship, and help build a healthy body. Reading expands one's knowledge and can open oneself to various ideas and history and so on. And video games, in my nephew's case, led him to his college study in computer graphics.

I feel that children's own interests should be nurtured, so that they can find themselves. And if a child is totally one-sided, perhaps a shy child who always only reads, for instance, they should be gently encouraged to at least try a few easy group activities, to ease them into a variety of opportunities.

Upvote 0

GarmentOfPraise

Aug 10, 2006
surrounded by peace.
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Photography would be great, you could also start them out scrapbooking early by letting them loose with the scissors, glue, stickers, construction paper and the photographs they take. Ask them to write down what was going on in the picture and what they were feeling at the time and include that in the scrapbook as well. It's a great activity to do with kids.

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I found the poll a bit limiting. We always endcouraged our children to take an interest in books and reading and always had a good range of subjects on the bookshelves. I also think it is important to develop handicraft skills (knitting and cross-stitch)as well as enjoying sports. All our children took part in swimming when they were younger.

Upvote 0