Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As we look at God's Own Creation, directedly Created and signed off by God's own hand...God's own Creation shows us that it is through evolution through which God Creates new life.
So you believe we are mutant, copy-errors made in God's image and likeness?

I also take it you believe God is still creating?
My trust in my Beloved God is total.
So is mine, and I don't need Charles Darwin to bring everything together.

David said...

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Now if David can say that apart from evolution, so can we.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's wrong with that? Aren't god's ways mysterious?
Not so mysterious that He had to cater to evolutionists.

You guys make it sound like Darwin drew the blueprints that God had to follow.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
So you believe we are mutant, copy-errors made in God's image and likeness?
What we "see" with in God's own Creation is that He creates new life forms through the process we have come to call "evolution". Change, is an aspect of Creation, we see change all around us...and one of the tools God uses is change to create new life forms.

I also take it you believe God is still creating?
. Yes, God being the essence of Creation itself always will be and always has been Creating.

So is mine, and I don't need Charles Darwin to bring everything together.
I don't need Darwin either. All we need is God's own Creation, as signed off with His signature with His very own hand to show how He Creates.

David said...
Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Now if David can say that apart from evolution, so can we.
Even a God Loving Evolutionist like myself is able to bask in the Glory of God's Creation.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Not so mysterious that He had to cater to evolutionists.
God caters to no one...not even those who do not see that it is through a process of change that God creates new life.

You guys make it sound like Darwin drew the blueprints that God had to follow.
Actually it's the other way around...It's God who drew the blueprints which He alone follows and it's Darwin who brought God's way of Creating to light.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nobody's ever told me, so I thought I'd ask. One would think the experiment which proved all the stories from around the world to be untrue might've received a little notice. Anyhow, I'd like to know the logic involved, the dates, and the individuals who performed this should-be-famous experiment.
Geology.

Upvote 0
So do you feel yourself to be inadequate?
Yes
do you have no confidence in yourself and your abilities?
At this point I am not really able to do anything.

do you stutter?
No, my grandfather did and my youngest son does sometimes.

Are you saying that your God talks to you
No God does not "talk" to me, He give me understanding.

and tells you the best things to do? that God councils you?
Oh, I have made mistakes. I had a dream about my first wife before I married her. I thought the dream was God telling me it was His will for me to marry her. As it turns out the marriage was a big mistake. I simply had a dream about the future and made a mistake thinking that was God's will for me. That is why we need the Bible. So we can confirm if God really is showing us something or if our imagination is working overtime.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God caters to no one...not even those who do not see that it is through a process of change that God creates new life.

Actually it's the other way around...It's God who drew the blueprints which He alone follows and it's Darwin who brought God's way of Creating to light.

So your faith, then, would say death and elimination are natural processes that God always meant. Faith that I have from the Bible has death not being something Yahweh God wants as a process all the time but that it results from what happened because of the Fall, which had disobedience to God our maker, and it was the consequence in justice, and God is who can be sovereign in that. This is the only thing that makes sense in light of Christ coming to redeem us from sin and the power of death.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
So your faith, then, would say death and elimination are natural processes that God always meant.
Not quite right. The way I experience it is that God is the very foundation of life itself, both the seen and unseen. Our bodies are born and than die in the natural process that God IS, not "meant", as you put it. Our Soul, or essence, is an activity of God...it lives on.

I've been thinking about God as being the ONLY Reality, and what that might mean to a person as they look at other people.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not quite right. The way I experience it is that God is the very foundation of life itself, both the seen and unseen. Our bodies are born and than die in the natural process that God IS, not "meant", as you put it. Our Soul, or essence, is an activity of God...it lives on.

I've been thinking about God as being the ONLY Reality, and what that might mean to a person as they look at other people.

Then it seems there is a very different understanding of God. Is yours then God without any mindfulness? That was kind of awkward, but I thought it better saying that then God being without any mind. I would say that God all-knowing makes all people, they are in God's image, even although with a nature of sin, all people have a dignity inherent in this, and that is a very good way of looking at people, still acknowledging the greatness of God, who is personal as he made us to be, Yahweh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God caters to no one...not even those who do not see that it is through a process of change that God creates new life. Actually it's the other way around...It's God who drew the blueprints which He alone follows and it's Darwin who brought God's way of Creating to light.

It was Jesus who condemned the idea of only the fit should survive, and His support were the scriptures regarding how the meek would inherit the earth. Then Jesus walked-the-talk by healing misfits and the diseased, sealing forever the false idea that the strong or fit had any real advantage in this world or were God's chosen people or that natural selection was part of God's plan.

What the people of the time were looking for was a mighty "fit" messiah who would destroy all their enemies. What they got was a baby in a manger who never had any offspring. Not very fit then, was he.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
It was Jesus who condemned the idea of only the fit should survive, and His support were the scriptures regarding how the meek would inherit the earth. Then Jesus walked-the-talk by healing misfits and the diseased, sealing forever the false idea that the strong or fit had any real advantage in this world or were God's chosen people or that natural selection was part of God's plan.

What the people of the time were looking for was a mighty "fit" messiah who would destroy all their enemies. What they got was a baby in a manger who never had any offspring. Not very fit then, was he.
Change happens. Live evolves to fit the changing needs around it. God's own Creation, as signed off by God's signature with His very own hands shows us that truth.

Jesus brought a message of Love, Compassion and Forgiveness. That's a message of our times that fits the need of our own evolution.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Then it seems there is a very different understanding of God. Is yours then God without any mindfulness?
God, from my perspective, God is so totally mindfulness that His own mind consist of all of the minds that ever have been, that are right now and which will ever be in the future. Life and the whole of the cosmos itself, being an activity of God, is all God's mind. I have no idea how to separate God out from His own Creation. All is One in God from where I sit. All is the mind of God.

I would say that God all-knowing makes all people, they are in God's image, even although with a nature of sin, all people have a dignity inherent in this, and that is a very good way of looking at people, still acknowledging the greatness of God, who is personal as he made us to be, Yahweh.
What I see when I look at people?...everyone is an activity of God (made in God's image as you say) and thus I "see" that activity of God in all others. That has turned out to be a good way for me to find Love for all people. I like how you put it as well, "made in His image".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Change happens. Live evolves to fit the changing needs around it. God's own Creation, as signed off by God's signature with His very own hands shows us that truth. Jesus brought a message of Love, Compassion and Forgiveness. That's a message of our times that fits the need of our own evolution.

You fail to address any of my comments about how Jesus taught us
that natural selection was wrong thinking. That is your option.
But you fail to address the issues brought up.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You fail to address any of my comments about how Jesus taught us
that natural selection was wrong thinking. That is your option.
But you fail to address the issues brought up.
I did address it...though not directly in how you might have wanted. Basically, I reject the concept in which you formed your argument. That's because as we see in God's own Creation, change and evolution happens but not necessarily in the way you formed the argument with Jesus. I don't see God’s Creation lying with what it shows us. That’s because it is directly Created by God. Bringing in Love, Compassion and Forgiveness as Jesus did is change and an evolutionary step for human kind. Yet, does that fit the narrow meaning of "fittest" that you were bring into the picture? I don't think so.

Bringing in Love, Compassion and Forgiveness into our lives evolves us human beings into being more Human. It also shows that Natural Selection doesn't necessarily mean the biggest and baddest. In our case it means more Loving and Compassionate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The term "survival of the fittest" is so commonly misused and misunderstood (as within this very thread!) that most biologists today hardly use it at all, especially when communicating with the general public. The original meaning has been so mangled, especially by the modern day tendency to confuse the theory of evolution with Social Darwinism [as Skywriting just demonstrated], that its misuse has taken the word far beyond its original use in describing natural selection.

Fitness in the context of evolutionary biology has a very specialized meaning that is in sharp contrast to how most non-biologists use the term today. This "fitness" is not about mere "superiority" in terms of being bigger, faster, smarter, or better in ANY way other than reproductive success. Accordingly, many biologists have tried to abandon or at least redraft the phrase to make it reasonably compatible with the theory of evolution, replacing "survival of the fittest" with "survival of the fit enough"!

Skywriting has once again reinforced several elements of the misuse of the phrase and has conflated the evils of Social Darwinism with a biological theory which he does not understand. (Please don't do that. Far too many participants on this forum are already seriously ill-informed on even the basics of the theory of evolution.)

Especially cringe-worthy is the following sentence, which may possibly set a record for the highest concentration of regrettable fallacies in such a small space:

"Then Jesus walked-the-talk by healing misfits and the diseased, sealing forever the false idea that the strong or fit had any real advantage in this world or were God's chosen people or that natural selection was part of God's plan."

[Sigh]

Moreover, those of us who affirm the scriptures and consider God to be the Ultimate Designer (not in the very flawed and well-debunked Michael Behe ID sense but in a grander, Divine Sovereignty sense) hasten to point out what God has made abundantly clear in his Creation, by means of something we commonly call "evidence":

...that natural selection indeed was and is part of God's plan!

Indeed, as with all of God's amazing Creation in general, praise God for the wonders of his evolutionary processes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You fail to address any of my comments about how Jesus taught us that natural selection was wrong thinking.

That's because those of us who are familiar with the Biblical text---and who understand the differences between the theory of evolution and the Social Darwinism which you keep confusing with it---see little value in "addressing" things which you happen to imagine that Jesus taught.

Please. Why not focus on what Jesus actually taught, instead of the various things you imagine that he taught?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Why is the supernatural being associated with the natural anyway? one has nothing to do with the other, one exists and we have no way of knowing about the other.
What has evolution got to do with a God? saying God used evolution makes as much sense as saying the Jolly Green Giant used it, how desperate are you all if you need to believe in a supernatural being?
Even if God isn't in your world, regardless of any of that, Creation itself still shows us that new life forms come about through time and change. But for us Lovers of God, we also see life as an activity of God. Personally, I don't see that you need to do that if you choose not to.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did address it...though not directly in how you might have wanted. Basically, I reject the concept in which you formed your argument. That's because as we see in God's own Creation, change and evolution happens but not necessarily in the way you formed the argument with Jesus. I don't see God’s Creation lying with what it shows us. That’s because it is directly Created by God. Bringing in Love, Compassion and Forgiveness as Jesus did is change and an evolutionary step for human kind. Yet, does that fit the narrow meaning of "fittest" that you were bring into the picture? I don't think so.

Bringing in Love, Compassion and Forgiveness into our lives evolves us human beings into being more Human. It also shows that Natural Selection doesn't necessarily mean the biggest and baddest. In our case it means more Loving and Compassionate.

I don't agree with your assessment of the situation, but I appreciate your support of your fitness theory. You feel that love and compassion is a fitness factor that didn't show up until Jesus brought the topic up a couple thousand years ago. It validates your stand.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟729,729.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I don't agree with your assessment of the situation, but I appreciate your support of your fitness theory. You feel that love and compassion is a fitness factor that didn't show up until Jesus brought the topic up a couple thousand years ago. It validates your stand.
:D Funny!!!

Upvote 0