Which denominations believe in modern angelic interventions?

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Wow. How did you know they were angels?
Because they had a short message that turned out to be relevant not long after. Always during a slight distraction they vanish, with seemingly no place to go physically. They appear basically the same way ( I think of Jesus just out of nowhere just suddenly walking with the two disciples then vanishing later on). Usually dressed like us but too neat for the circumstance you are in. Not always but in two cases this was the case for me.

Something happens when it's you and them, as if our relationship is in our own little bubble for those few seconds.

Finally it's totally unexpected,your head is entirely someplace else and they are just there.

God also uses creation in a similar way. And it's often near the death of someone or not long after. Before, during or not long after a trial or test in your life.

Honestly I wish I understood better the spiritual realm. But we need to be careful because I've seen from the dark side as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible has tons of accounts where angelic beings paid a visit to our physical realm to carry out specific assignments. Concerning angels, Satan himself, while tempting Jesus in the desert, cited a promise from Psalm 91:

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written,

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,’

and

“‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”

7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,

“‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

[Matthew 4:5-11, ESV]

In Acts 10 we find another example, when an angel visited Cornelius in a vision:

At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort, 2 a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms generously to the people, and prayed continually to God. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God come in and say to him, “Cornelius.” 4 And he stared at him in terror and said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God. 5 And now send men to Joppa and bring one Simon who is called Peter. 6 He is lodging with one Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the sea.” 7 When the angel who spoke to him had departed, he called two of his servants and a devout soldier from among those who attended him, 8 and having related everything to them, he sent them to Joppa. [Acts 10:1-8, ESV]

And the most clear angelic intervention in my opinion took place in the liberation of Peter, in Acts 12:

6 Now when Herod was about to bring him out, on that very night, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison. 7 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood next to him, and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him, saying, “Get up quickly.” And the chains fell off his hands. 8 And the angel said to him, “Dress yourself and put on your sandals.” And he did so. And he said to him, “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me.” 9 And he went out and followed him. He did not know that what was being done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. 10 When they had passed the first and the second guard, they came to the iron gate leading into the city. It opened for them of its own accord, and they went out and went along one street, and immediately the angel left him. 11 When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I am sure that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.” [Acts 12:6-11, ESV]

Question: Which denominations believe that angels still intervene in our physical realm today?

Nothing ever "intervenes in our physical realm" but through prayer,
God opens our eyes to His plans, as He sees fit to do so.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God has boundless abilities to which I would never dare to limit to my box. Everything in scripture is true and there for our edification to live our lives by. It's everything God wanted us to know but it's in no way the end of everything He has. He promises when we leave this life we will come to a new and fuller understanding of it all that in this time we can't even imagine. He's an awesome God above all authority !

We praise Him,thank Him and worship Him today. I do anyway.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe I encountered one on the Boston subway. I was very down in the dumps and a street preacher got on the train, yelling and whooping it up. He got to me, looked at me with suddenly very serious eyes and quietly said, "Everything will work out, have faith." Then he got off at the next stop yelling and whooping it up again. I do believe that he was an angel.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Likely, the majority of Denominations good and bad. Likewise, the number of occurences, many till yes, some acts find their way into our conscious lives.

One evening back in the 80s, a 900-mile overland trip covered all occupants and finally me, the driver into a heavy sleep at 60-65 mph. I don't know how long this went on but instantly, i awoke as though fully rested just in time to steer clear of a bridge abutement unbelievably close toward the center of the car. God answers prayer.
Amen. Something similar happened to me once. I fell asleep at the wheel and at the last moment was prevented from rear-ending another car on the highway. I do believe we have ministering angels.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But we need to be careful because I've seen from the dark side as well.
I'll have a double portion with an appropriate fear chaser. (That okay? Tongue of men, ,angels lest my display of honor lacks, , too much folly at this hour. Good night! :)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Bible has tons of accounts where angelic beings paid a visit to our physical realm to carry out specific assignments. Concerning angels, Satan himself, while tempting Jesus in the desert, cited a promise from Psalm 91:

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written,

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,’

and

“‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”

7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,

“‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

[Matthew 4:5-11, ESV]

In Acts 10 we find another example, when an angel visited Cornelius in a vision:

At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort, 2 a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms generously to the people, and prayed continually to God. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God come in and say to him, “Cornelius.” 4 And he stared at him in terror and said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God. 5 And now send men to Joppa and bring one Simon who is called Peter. 6 He is lodging with one Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the sea.” 7 When the angel who spoke to him had departed, he called two of his servants and a devout soldier from among those who attended him, 8 and having related everything to them, he sent them to Joppa. [Acts 10:1-8, ESV]

And the most clear angelic intervention in my opinion took place in the liberation of Peter, in Acts 12:

6 Now when Herod was about to bring him out, on that very night, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison. 7 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood next to him, and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him, saying, “Get up quickly.” And the chains fell off his hands. 8 And the angel said to him, “Dress yourself and put on your sandals.” And he did so. And he said to him, “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me.” 9 And he went out and followed him. He did not know that what was being done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. 10 When they had passed the first and the second guard, they came to the iron gate leading into the city. It opened for them of its own accord, and they went out and went along one street, and immediately the angel left him. 11 When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I am sure that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.” [Acts 12:6-11, ESV]

Question: Which denominations believe that angels still intervene in our physical realm today?

Seventh-day Adventists do believe that Angels are real and are on Earth today and that they directly affect our realm. But I think almost all denominations teach that as well.

Upvote 0