Which commandments to obey?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Where do you get the testimony? How do you come to know the Word of God, if not through the holy scriptures
Good question, maybe off topic/ tangent but definitely important/ crucial even !

Does this question get answered by anyone ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This got a little mixed up - so to clarify - who do you mean those sins were a death sentence for before Christ Crucified?
i.e. NOT after Christ Crucified, BEFORE - who did Loren, (or someone else) mean "those sins were a death sentence for" BEFORE CHRIST CRUCIFIED

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I think you said that before, and it is still a failure to answer the question seeking an answer.
Romans 6:23 testifies that the wages of sin is death in answer to your question: "when was the penalty for those sins a death sentence."

Answer: since God said so in Romans 6:23.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
i.e. NOT after Christ Crucified, BEFORE - who did Loren, (or someone else) mean "those sins were a death sentence for" BEFORE CHRIST CRUCIFIED
Someone testified to the answer to this (where in the Old Testament it shows the death penalty for these sins) quite a few posts back...but I am a lazy boy so I am not going to look for the post for you...

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Good question, maybe off topic/ tangent but definitely important/ crucial even !

Does this question get answered by anyone ?
I hope that @Kaon will answer it as it was directed to him as part of what I was discussing with him.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Someone testified to the answer to this (where in the Old Testament it shows the death penalty for these sins) quite a few posts back...but I am a lazy boy so I am not going to look for the post for you...
It wasn't that far back that Loren posted what I questioned,
and then you read since then and posted right away but not the answer,
and did not answer yet,,,,

you might not know, what Loren meant or thinks. I don't want to guess....

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't that far back that Loren posted what I questioned,
and then you read since then and posted right away but not the answer,
and did not answer yet,,,,

you might not know, what Loren meant or thinks. I don't want to guess....
It's fine to wait for his answer since you were originally talking to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering also if you know ? (yourself, not Kaon's answer)
The holy scriptures are Christ's love letter to us from a distance through which we get to know Him better before we meet Him face to face when He returns...and all of it is inspired of the Holy Spirit and the inerrant word of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Loren T.
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You obey all what Jesus said if you love him . Love neighbour and love God are two commandments but not all of them . There are important ones like : preach the gospel , feed poor , if your eye offends you pluck it off .

You can't keep them but you can try .

Absolutely my friend all of the commandments are based on Jesus’ two commandments. So if you keep His two commandments you will keep all the commandments. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's fine to wait for his answer since you were originally talking to him.
Yes. When you answered right away first, I didn't realize you were not the original one, so I asked you, and you did not answer yet either. (your posts of Scripture simply verified what Scripture says, without showing

WHO was under a death sentence for their sins BEFORE CHRIST?

which could be continued as >
and what happened to them ? Did they die for their own sins ? Did God provide a remedy for their sins while they were alive ?

Was there a difference in the remedy (atonement) for their sins while they were still alive vs for us ? (obviously yes AND no ! ? ) .....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The holy scriptures are Christ's love letter to us from a distance through which we get to know Him better before we meet Him face to face when He returns...and all of it is inspired of the Holy Spirit and the inerrant word of God.
...... to be continued, Yahweh Willing....... have to be away from keyboard .... for a while, maybe longer.... (how's that song go ...? ) ......

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
WHO was under a death sentence for their sins BEFORE CHRIST?

All sinners. (for the wages of sin is death).

which could be continued as >
and what happened to them ? Did they die for their own sins ? Did God provide a remedy for their sins while they were alive ?

Yes, they died for their own sins. The Old Testament sacrifices pointed forward to the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross. Jesus would descend into hell and led captivity captive: when He died and rose again, He led them to heaven out of Abraham's bosom where they had resided until His sacrifice was accomplished (and their debt was fully paid).

Was there a difference in the remedy (atonement) for their sins while they were still alive vs for us ? (obviously yes AND no ! ? ) .....

I'm not sure I understand this question. Could you rephrase it for me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
...... to be continued, Yahweh Willing....... have to be away from keyboard .... for a while, maybe longer.... (how's that song go ...? ) ......
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely my friend all of the commandments are based on Jesus’ two commandments. So if you keep His two commandments you will keep all the commandments. :)

But it's next to impossible to keep them . Love neighbour as yourself .

Means that you have dinner , you go to them and share so he can have what you have .
You do work to buy yourself TV , you buy one for your neighbour so he can have too .
Impossible to love somebody as yourself .

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But it's next to impossible to keep them . Love neighbour as yourself .

Means that you have dinner , you go to them and share so he can have what you have .
You do work to buy yourself TV , you buy one for your neighbour so he can have too .
Impossible to love somebody as yourself .

Yeah and most people have two neighbors one on each side so that gets really expensive. Especially if they’re not a believer and your the only one doing the giving. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yeah and most people have two neighbors one on each side so that gets really expensive. Especially if they’re not a believer and your the only one doing the giving. Lol
That's why we need the Cross...

Upvote 0