Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I like what you wrote, but I disagree with the above quote. See my post #12.

Well I agree with St. Paul obviously, but Jesus did have a body after the Resurrection of some sort, for He ate and they felt it and He said "I am not a ghost but have flesh and bones as you see," but it was "transformed." One might even say "it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." (1 Cor 15:44).

I expect this spiritual body to have all the exact same properties (and more He likely had but didn't show) that Jesus had, including but not limited to: instant travelling, going through matter like doors, and so on. For we will receive as sons of God what the Son of God received in Resurrection.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I agree with St. Paul obviously, but Jesus did have a body after the Resurrection of some sort, for He ate and they felt it and He said "I am not a ghost but have flesh and bones as you see," but it was "transformed." One might even say "it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." (1 Cor 15:44).

I expect this spiritual body to have all the exact same properties (and more He likely had but didn't show) that Jesus had, including but not limited to: instant travelling, going through matter like doors, and so on. For we will receive as sons of God what the Son of God received in Resurrection.

Thank you so much. I expect that there is a union of matter and spirit. The gulf we perceive here between spirit and materiality will be bridged. I wonder whether the transfiguration is more apropos here?

The resurrection body Christ had did serve a very parituclar purpose. Christ wanted to display his humanity, so I'm a little wary of relying on it.

Upvote 0