London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The end of our journeying is to be taken up into the Holy of Holies. Not as we were in the garden, but changed by our progress through time and our co-creation of self and world. God will bring creation into relationship with Himself in a new and hitherto unforeseen way. This is our destiny and the ultimate end of things. We are destined to go deeper than any Archangel. The tabernacle and the ark of the covenant were a shadow show in comparison with all that awaits us: Glories beyond angelic comprehension.

This is not a reality to come. The kingdom is within us, and is being made manifest. We walk in paradise, and our ministry is one of transformation, bringing earth and heaven into reflective relation.

We must live knowing that God will come into the most intimate relation with all that we are. We will be new creations, but not blank slates. We should live bearing our being as a gift, offering up everything we have and are in sacrifice, participating in the Divine sacrifice of self-outpouring.We must know that this being is bound for God. "It is not good for the man to be alone". We were made for this communion.

Some of us are still wandering in the desert where there is no water. We can offer up the vapour on our breath and , in exchange , the dam will burst and the ocean will break over our heads. Love and mercy and presence will flow down into our soul.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev.21
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying:

“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man,

and He will dwell with them.

They will be His people,

and God Himself will be with them as their God.b4‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’c

and there will be no more death

or mourning or crying or pain,

for the former things have passed away.”

Come Quickly Almighty Lord and King!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Eftsoon
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rev.21
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying:

“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man,

and He will dwell with them.

They will be His people,

and God Himself will be with them as their God.b4‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’c

and there will be no more death

or mourning or crying or pain,

for the former things have passed away.”

Come Quickly Almighty Lord and King!

and AMEN AMEN AMEN !!!!

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People talk about going to heaven, but I would rather be where God will be, which is in the New Jerusalem, upon the new earth. Now, that will be Paradise indeed!
Yes, this language is a little confused. We aren't going to be jettisoned up into the sky. God is all about restoration.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
REV. 21

5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life. 7The one who overcomes will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.

Will the Trinity be expanded?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this language is a little confused. We aren't going to be jettisoned up into the sky. God is all about restoration.

Oh yes we are ....

John 14:3

Amplified Bible
And if I go and prepare a place for you (in heaven), I will come back again and I will take you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.

Where is Jesus? He's in heaven and that's where the saved are going when He returns.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
REV. 21

5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life. 7The one who overcomes will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.

No .... the trinity is divine (the creator and supreme being)... we are human and will remain that way ... we are not ... nor ever will we be "God".

Trinity is used to explain that three different persons are called God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (who is sometimes called the Holy Ghost). Trinity states that these three all form the same God.

We will be part of God's family .... human sons and daughters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eleos1954, your sense of Christianity is dull and unbiblical. I don't want to hang out in the air away from Jesus and God the father. I'll be found in New Jerusalem, thank you.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Heaven isn't somewhere beyond the edge of the galaxy. It can't be spatially located. We thus can't travel to Heaven. The Bible seems to describe a meeting of the spatiotemporal (Earth) with the eternal (the Kingdom). Of course this has already happened in our souls. There is motion yes, but not of the physical kind.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is

We too shall be spirit. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God!
1 Cor 15:50 Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eleos1954, your sense of Christianity is dull and unbiblical. I don't want to hang out in the air away from Jesus and God the father. I'll be found in New Jerusalem, thank you.

Where did Eleos say that we would be "hanging out in the air"?

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Ah. Maybe they believe in the rapture? In which case, we would be in Heaven until the new heaven and new earth are made manifest in the end after the great white throne judgment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The new Jerusalem is when God creates the new earth and establishes His kingdom on the newly created earth.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God” (Rev. 21:1-3, KJV).

You won't be "hanging out in the air" .... you'll be in the sanctuary in heaven with Jesus until final judgement takes place and God creates the New Earth/New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
REV. 21

No, but we will be divinized, a historic Christian doctrine. It belongs to us through Christ to become "sons of God," like Christ. This is why Christ says "and you shall do greater works than I" or St. Peter says in 2 Peter "we shall become partakers in the divine nature." The Church Fathers summarized the doctrine beautifully, "God became man so that man could become God," or "we shall become all that God is by grace except being the essence of God" (that is, we will partake in the divine nature without becoming it, we will remain human). St. Paul calls us "heirs," and so on. The Trinity can never be expanded, but in a different sense we will be God's own children, made to be like Him in all things except being Him.

In this sense, of being divinized, is why it may be said that in some sense we will be "gods," (nothing at all like the Mormons or polytheists), for see what Jesus says of human rulers and such in John 10, quoting the Psalms, "I said you are gods." Or how God said to Moses "you shall be as god to him."

But what does partaking in the Divine Nature mean? Or divinization? We'll be sons of God so look at Jesus: "what the Father does the Son does." So all things Jesus did except things strictly coming from His divine nature (such as raising Himself from the dead by His own power) we shall do, although we can do similar things (and there are accounts of holy people raising people from the dead by the power of Christ). We will do what God does, participating in that, and in this sense "I will be his God and he will be My son" is true.

Grace and peace.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is

We too shall be spirit. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God!
1 Cor 15:50 Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Not so .... we will be like Jesus ...

Luke 24:39 (Jesus speaking) after His death and appearing to the disciples.

39Look at My hands and My feet. It is I Myself. Touch Me and see— for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.

1st John 3:2
2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.

Job 19:26
Even after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.

Psalm 17:15

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Jesus is our example in everything.

In our current sinful flesh ... no .... cannot be in the presence of God.

We will be changed/transformed and given new bodies.

God will give us new bodies in heaven -- bodies that will be similar to Christ's body after His resurrection. The Bible says that Christ, "by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Philippians 3:21).

Upvote 0