✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Our personal relationship with our savior can't be defined by the Bible
No but the change can be described, the things of this world take a back seat, Jesus comes front and center more and more etc.

Your story of Iraq speaks to my heart, because I witnessed to a self proclaimed atheist who said that even bombings and fox holes did not convince him that there is a God. Yet our Pastor who flew in Vietnam says the missiles going off by his wing tips is part of what drove him to ministry. What a contrast ! He truly calls us, He knows who we are.

Denominational Doctrine drove me from churches for 20 years, I worshiped in the woods or pond side mostly. But bible doctrine is another matter, and it says we need to gather, we need to fellowship.
Hebrews 10:25 ESV
Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As ive said before.. follow the Spirit. Don't seek the council of men

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. (Proverbs 12:15)

Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety. (Proverbs 11:14)

Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. (Prov. 19:20-21)

Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed. (Prov. 15:22)

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
usual rhetoric
i'll let your post slide. When YOU have to empty a bag of women and children's body parts from a classroom in Fallujah where they tought how to mutilate and kep the victims alive so they suffer

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. You are not automatically theological correct because you are ex-military. That's not how it works.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It may take time, military or not ( maybe more so having been MP) to give ones self over fully to God. But in the end, if not, if that doesn't happen, then yes I agree, at the great white throne judgement that person will get what he deserves . And that would be unfortunate. Because Jesus offers a way out. It's not just knowing that He exists, even Satan knows He exists. I'm just laying it out there, anyone can do with it as they will. We have free will. If you think you have lived hell on earth, well yes, you may have seen a bit of it. The torment of Hell is 1000 times worse and it's eternal and it's personal. And I don't doubt for one second the living hell of a place like war in Iraq, I'll never take that away from any man or woman who has served there, never. I'm just saying there is more than that. Don't toss us off slaphappie, we did not live your hell over there but bible doctrine is true. Jesus is with you if you ask Him in. Red letter bible words are straight from Him as close as the translators can get it right from the scriptures and Jesus said, "You Must Be Born Again" . That is the spiritual rebirth, it's the beginning of the new you. How do I know that ? I'm living it.

And incidentally, I'm not saying anyone else is not living it, that is between them and the Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm new here and I don't know how things usually end up. I do know that this topic ran 7 pages deep in a fairly short time. When do they usually burn out ?

Threads, like fires, need fuel and stoking. In the absence of either, this could be the last post, or it could go 20 more pages with the proper mix of both.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I totally believe He is with us at CF witnessed His power in the forum many times. Thru PM's people have been healed, and set free. Yes, our Father is with us always, and if He isnt in it, I must go.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Threads, like fires, need fuel and stoking. In the absence of either, this could be the last post, or it could go 20 more pages with the proper mix of both.
Ah, so it's like most forums I belong to then.

Upvote 0