Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
No but we can speak for ourselves and for what we understand to be true. They couldn't gather together online in those days. We can today. Forget the flesh, if it can get together wonderful, but all the better in the spirit, world wide. Really to God, for the born again believer the flesh is dead anyway unless Paul taught a false doctrine.

I'm not disputing it. Nor agreeing. I just believe fellowship should be in person is all

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God among us as we gather online?

God is omnipresent, for one thing.

Secondly, the passage "where two or more are gathered" is referring to church discipline in context. This indicates that the local church was given authority by God to enact church discipline when needed.

Matthew 18:15-20 "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. (16) But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. (17) If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. (18) Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (19) Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. (20) For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."

Many who "gather" on this forum are not Christians. There are even many here who claim to be Christian yet hold to heretical doctrines. I do not share fellowship with them as I do with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not disputing it. Nor agreeing. I just believe fellowship should be in person is all
Unquestionably fellowship in person has a warmer sense to it. It's tactile, it's closer and certainly mistakes can happen either way but more common online I think.

Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
God is omnipresent, for one thing.

Secondly, the passage "where two or more are gathered" is referring to church discipline in context. This indicates that the local church was given authority by God to enact church discipline when needed.

Matthew 18:15-20 "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. (16) But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. (17) If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. (18) Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (19) Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. (20) For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."

Many who "gather" on this forum are not Christians. There are even many here who claim to be Christian yet hold to heretical doctrines. I do not share fellowship with them as I do with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I can't give up. I was an Army MP for 21 years and saw what things people do. Ive been a Deputy for 7 years. But im traditional. I know trolls are among us. But i hold what i feel is true.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't give up. I was an Army MP for 21 years and saw what things people do. Ive been a Deputy for 7 years. But im traditional. I know trolls are among us. But i hold what i feel is true.

I don't understand what you are saying in response to my comment.

But I do thank you for serving our country, both in the Military and Law Enforcement.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Yes true, that's why in my analogy to call a meeting for 4 oclock with 4 believers. It was for specific born again believers. Not just to someone who thinks they are Christian because they say they are. You know when you are reborn of the spirit too, your whole life changes. Your outlook on everything changes. It's exactly as it describes in the bible.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for your service !

Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private

the bottom line is we ALL get what we deserve when we pass on. Nothing more.. nothing less

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand what you are saying in response to my comment.

But I do thank you for serving our country, both in the Military and Law Enforcement.

let me think what i was trying to say without being offensive

Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
let me think what i was trying to say without being offensive

I believe in God the Creator. But i also believe in Satan the Destroyer. The thinks i've seen In Iraq made me a believer. I'm not a fan of Church doctrine because there's been many books that have been editted out. Organized religion is the demon. The last chapter of Revelations speaks of "IF anyone takes away from this book"

Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I believe in God the Creator. But i also believe in Satan the Destroyer. The thinks i've seen In Iraq made me a believer. I'm not a fan of Church doctrine because there's been many books that have been editted out. Organized religion is the demon. The last chapter of Revelations speaks of "IF anyone takes away from this book"

Yet its been editted

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is God among us as we gather online?

Bible says:
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matt. 18:20

Most assuredly I tell you, he who receives whomever I send, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."
John 13:20

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
the bottom line is we ALL get what we deserve when we pass on. Nothing more.. nothing less

Thankfully, that's not the case for me.

Christ got what I deserved, and I, by His mercy and kindness, will get what He deserves.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Our personal relationship with our savior can't be defined by the Bible

It's defined extremely well in the 66 books of the Bible. In fact, I can't think of anything which is defined in more detail.

Reactions: JoeP222w
Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
It's defined extremely well in the 66 books of the Bible. In fact, I can't think of anything which is defined in more detail.

usual rhetoric
i'll let your post slide. When YOU have to empty a bag of women and children's body parts from a classroom in Fallujah where they tought how to mutilate and kep the victims alive so they suffer

Upvote 0

Slaphappie

May 25, 2017
Berea
✟15,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
usual rhetoric
i'll let your post slide. When YOU have to empty a bag of women and children's body parts from a classroom in Fallujah where they tought how to mutilate and kep the victims alive so they suffer

you know nothing. Please stay off my post

Upvote 0