Jesus is the Word of God
Mar 3, 2005
✟41,510.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
so many old faces i don't see anymore!

Locket, Godflue2,Lessien, Brilliand, Ninjitsu, Nova Scotia Boy (sp), white wings, Lady K,narmgil, Samson x, to just name a few.

Its been years since i was here last (redeemed_warrior) i mean i know where Ellesar is (we talk every day.. almost all day:p), and white lily and the princess bride i email from time to time, but apart from that don't know where the rest of us went!

anyone know what happened to the old gang?

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here I am!

I'm not entirely sure what happened. The roleplaying subforums here seemed to have just died. There's hardly anyone here anymore, and it's difficult to get anything started. I hated coming up with ideas that would never be used, so I just started RPing elsewhere.

Ironically, the main thing I originally came to this website for was for roleplaying. Now I'm mainly in the Exploring Christianity subforum. Go figure.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I popped in sometime in 2010 (after being gone for like 2-3 years) and wondered the same thing. It really seems like a whole new crowd...and another new crowd three years later when I pop in again. :p
I had some really good times with some really awesome people on these forums. I hope they are all doing well in life.
I will agree that it seems like all the current RPGs are well under way and I would find it difficult to try and jump in after 50-100 pages of story. I always preferred jumping in at the very beginning of an RPG.

Blessings and well-wishes to the old RPG crowd, wherever you might be!

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i'm still sort of here FireRock, been around more or less since 2006. Don't know if we ever RRped together, but I remember your name.
I am aware of the whereabouts of some of the old crowd, and they seem to be doing well.

(I used to be Mountaindog.)

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mountaindog sounds familiar, so we may very well have crossed paths here on the forums at some point. I'm very glad to hear people are doing well. Sometimes life happens, both good and bad, and a person ends up moving on to the next chapter in life. That's what happened to me, for sure. :)

Did you use to RP on here quite a bit back in the day, or were you kind of all over the forums?

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did RP a lot. I also hung out in the OOCs. i tended to choose threads based on the caliber of the players involved. I miss those days. Not sure why I still come here. Maybe on the off chance some spark will ignite that I can help fan into a new fire. :p

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that's partly why I popped back in...to see if there were any good RPs going on that I could join. It doesn't really look like anyone has tried to start anything up since 2012 sometime. Bummer.

I was never good at starting a new RPG. I always let someone else do that. People had some really good ideas back in the day. I was surprised that the Movies and Books RPG forum is full of threads just talking about random books and shows. There use to be a good number of RPGs in there.

I'm mostly hanging out in the Relaxation forums and the Hobby forums lately. I keep popping back into the RPG forums to see if there's anything new though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am good at starting things, but my interest usually only holds if the group is working together well. I don't have a lot of patience with groups where the players are mostly concerned with fighting. i mean, seriously, we're trying to tell a story, not play DnD. I loved writers like White Wings, Kookaburra, Firefall, and Shadowseldil. Did you know any of tthem?

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Benevolent dictator for hire
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh hey...

My RP preferences didn't seem to mesh very well with most of the people who were the "old guard" when I joined the forum. My main roleplaying buddy was The Cheat, who joined shortly after I did... and we mostly did fast-moving combat-heavy RPs. At some point he moved on with his life, and without him around, I didn't have the energy to start a new RP or to jump-start my existing ones when they stalled. Then Shadowseldil went inactive, and I ran out of reasons to still be here.

This RPG forum was already looking pretty dead by the time I lost momentum, but I still see some members of the old guard posting in those slow-moving RPs that take a 2-year hiatus in stride.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Benevolent dictator for hire
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How's the Socionics stuff going, Bril?

I'm not on the Socionics forum much anymore, and I don't have a very good track record for being able to guess people's types accurately, but I still like thinking in terms of the concepts. Some people at work have taken an interest in it (especially a guy who's self-typed ENFj), so it comes up there every so often.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't been on here for a while... I'm mostly involved in another site for RPGs (though that's seemed to have died down from when I first joined). But I've been known to take prolonged breaks from there as well. Its apparently a habit of mine once something slows down, or I get distracted.

On here, I used to RP with Brilliand, Shadows, and others.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was surprised that the Movies and Books RPG forum is full of threads just talking about random books and shows. There use to be a good number of RPGs in there.

I kinda want to shake those people who've started those kinds of threads in the RPG section and say "THERE'S ALREADY A FORUM FOR TALK LIKE THIS!" Its a bit frustrating...

Upvote 0

Victory of the Cross

Jesus is the Word of God
Mar 3, 2005
✟41,510.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I haven't been on here for a while... I'm mostly involved in another site for RPGs (though that's seemed to have died down from when I first joined). But I've been known to take prolonged breaks from there as well. Its apparently a habit of mine once something slows down, or I get distracted.

On here, I used to RP with Brilliand, Shadows, and others.

yeah we have to get the rp's moving there again. all been very busy

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can join if you guys want. I remember LightofHeaven and Mountaindog from those days where I was sitting in the hottub where Light and Mythiarider really lit up the chatbox with me in it. Dpadre was one of those in that chat when it happened basicly. So I can join if you guys want me to. I dont mind at all.

Upvote 0