Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?

Is there a "gap" in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9"

• Total voters

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
The 70 weeks are determined on Israel and Jerusalem.

You are contending that the last week of the 70 weeks is not disconnected. But there are the 7 years (the 70th week) following the attack on Israel by Gog/Magog in the latter days, in Ezekiel 39. Which would be the 7 years. And that the dealing with Israel in Daniel 9 is still not complete, until those 7 years are over.

The confirming of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 by the prince who shall come is referring to the Mt. Sinai covenant, which Daniel had confessed his forefathers broke in the first part of Daniel 9 - and contains a requirement by Moses for all future leaders of Israel to confirm on a 7 year basis in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

The problem is both the little horn and the king in Daniel 11:36 is not the King of Israel in those verses. And in Revelation 17, the 7 kings and the 8th king the beast are associated with the Roman Empire, and not with Israel.

Antiochus was not time of the end. Nor was he a Roman king.

But the prophecies do fit when one understands that the person will be both the King of Israel, and the King of the Roman empire.

Gog/Magog is on my chart, and the 7 years in Ezekiel 39, are the same 7 years that begins when the person confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant. Basically it will be a big speech from the temple mount, by the Antichrist, that God gave the land of Israel to the children of Israel as theirs forever.

The Jews rejected Jesus and are looking for someone else to be their King of Israel. The person from Europe will appear to be the one to them. Until he betrays them and the covenant, when he claims to have achieved God-hood. And ends up being the beast in Revelation. The Jews will turn to Jesus at that point.

View attachment 259176

See my response to DavidPT.

You should not use disconnected passages to interpret this prophecy.There are enough evidences in the passages to determine the timeline concerned.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Your "basic reading and comprehension of the passage" is seriously deficient. I have shown that the phrase "even to the time of the end" refers to the statement just made. Your arguments that this refers to all that had been said previously is basically a defiance of both grammar and logic.

That in bold is a continuation of your use of the scriptures selectively.As I asked before:

"Here is another example of someone using the scriptures as the devil did with Jesus.(Luke 4:9-12)Is that all the passage says?Is this how you were taught to study and interpret the scriptures?Is there nothing in the passage which could cause you to take another look at that phrase and reconsider your interpretation?Is there any other phrase which could shed light on what,"the time of the end",could mean rather than the spin you have put on it?"

In fact this passage of scripture blows your theory and false accusation completely out of the water:

Daniel 8:
17So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Which corresponds with:

Daniel 11:
35And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

The entire vision,which is what was said before,is for the time of the end.This is not some phrase of transition.There is no transition in the passage in question only a continuation of the description of the actions on an entity introduced in verse 21 of Daniel 11 which corresponds to that being described in Daniel 8.

Here again is an explanation of the possible meaning of the phrase,"time of the end".

And the events of recorded history indeed agree with the conclusion that there is a jump at verse 35. Your pretension that this is basically an argument from silence is mere sophistry. When every detail up to that point was fulfilled, exactly as written, and after that point the same applies to not a single sentence, is indeed a very significant fact, regardless of your denials.

Again,this point of transition is contrived and does not agree with the pattern set in the passage and hence will deny basic reading and comprehension,for the inventions of men.Notice how transitions from one king to another and hence from one time period to another takes place in the passage:

Nothing like this happens at verses 35/36 nor at verse 40 as some claim.You have to resort to the twisting of the phrase, "time of the end",in order to find support for your invention.

As to your arguments about the other passages of Daniel, they are no better. They are nothing but a flailing attempt to escape the unified testimony of the Holy Spirit, speaking throughout Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and the twelve minor prophets, as well as in much of the New Testament.

As usual,you try to belittle when your arguments are shown to be erroneous.You ignore the patterns and precedents in the passages discussed,as they demolish your theories and instead cling to the inventions of men,to your own detriment.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
If this is even close to correct, they why did every Christian who wrote about this passage within 150 years of the destruction of Jerusalem (and whose writings have survived to the present) conclude that there was a gap before the seventieth week? They knew that the hard facts of history proved that there was a gap.

If there is any truth to this then it only proves that they are simply men prone to errors just like you and I.Rather than accept blindly their erroneous explanation as you have done I have examined the passages for myself and have seen how ridiculous this,"gap theory",is.

As I said before,think for yourself and stop parroting the inventions of men.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
See my response to DavidPT.

You should not use disconnected passages to interpret this prophecy.There are enough evidences in the passages to determine the timeline concerned.
Daniel 9 is not disconnected from Ezekiel 38-39. That's the whole point.

All of the end times prophecies have to fit with one another. Parts of Daniel 8, Parts of Daniel 11, Daniel 12, Parts of Daniel 9. Parts of Daniel 7, Parts of Daniel 2.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian

The word of the angel is clear as the ram is said to be Media and Persia while the rough goat is said to be Grecia.Notice this pattern.The animals,ram and rough goat represent two different kingdoms.The horns here and any other horns which arise can only be kings in these two kingdoms.If we see and accept this pattern then much errors can be avoided.

This is also clear as four horns representing kings in the kingdom of Grecia have replaced the first king Alexander.

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Verse 23 is end times and dealing, not with four kingdoms in verse 22, but one kingdom in the end times - that of the transgressors. Back in Daniel 7, the transgressors would correspond to the ten kings that will arise out of the fourth kingdom, and the little horn king there is the little horn king in Daniel 8.

There is no logic to this interpretation.It also ignores the description and interpretation of the passage in question.Remember the passage initially describes the events occurring in this way:

Daniel 8:
8Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.
9And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

The four horns have come up in the place of the great horn and this is still the kingdom of Grecia.The little horn is inextricably linked to the kingdom of Grecia as he comes out of one of the four horns.The interpretation is no less clear and for you to claim, "Verse 23 is end times and dealing, not with four kingdoms in verse 22, but one kingdom in the end times", is completely contrary to what the passage says.The verses run into each other and simply continues a description of events concerning the little horn or king of fierce countenance.

For another kingdom to be considered another animal needs to be introduced.Ram =Media/Persia,Rough Goat =Grecia, ???= Rome which is the entity mentioned as having 10 horns in Daniel 7.Without the additional animal it is clear Rome is not a part of the vision of Daniel 8.

Coming to the full just means all ten kings are in place, assumingly after three of them have been "subdued", as per Daniel 7:24. "stands up" is an idiom for preparing to go to war.

Verse 23 is the transition verse. Verse 22 is historic to us, back around 300 BC.

Coming to the full refers to the transgressions of the people of Israel.Which transgressions have brought the judgement of God upon them in the form of the attacks and oppression of Antiochus IV.

The kingdom in verse 23 is the EU. It says in the latter time of their (the transgressors') kingdom when the transgressors have to come to a full, the king of fierce countenance will stand up

The EU has gone through several stages of development. We are nearing the latter time of the EU, but the ten kings (not necessarily ten nations), leader form of Government is not in place yet. That's what to watch for over there.

This vision has nothing to do with the present.All was fulfilled in the waning stages of the empire of Grecia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Daniel 9 is not disconnected from Ezekiel 38-39. That's the whole point.

All of the end times prophecies have to fit with one another. Parts of Daniel 8, Parts of Daniel 11, Daniel 12, Parts of Daniel 9. Parts of Daniel 7, Parts of Daniel 2.

The point is,Daniel 9 has been accomplished entirely in the past and has nothing to do with events of our day.You saying the passages are connected is not enough,you have to prove this using the scriptures.You have not done this where Daniel 9 and Ezekiel are concerned.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is also clear as four horns representing kings in the kingdom of Grecia have replaced the first king Alexander.
Daniel 8:22 22 Now that being broken (Alexander), whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation (Greece), but not in his power (Alexander').

Antiochus was not any of the four kings. And none of the four kings, nor their four kingdoms carry over to the next verse 23.

It is one kingdom in Daniel 8:23, not four.
Coming to the full refers to the transgressions of the people of Israel.Which transgressions have brought the judgement of God upon them in the form of the attacks and oppression of Antiochus IV.
It not transgressions in Daniel 8:23, but transgressors.

Daniel 8:23 is end times, and the transgressors are the ten kings of Daniel 7 and the king of fierce countenance, the little horn person.

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

In Daniel 8:25, the king of fierce countenance shall stand up (prepares to go to war) against the Prince of prince - Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Douggg said:
Daniel 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
The transgression of desolation is not historic, but time of the end.

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.

17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Why did you rip Daniel 8:25 out of its historical context?

Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
Dan 8:22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Joh 10:22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

Are you denying that the king of "Grecia" in Daniel 8 is Alexander the Great?

Are you denying that Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated the temple during 167 BC?
Are you denying that John 10:22 bears witness to the above?
Some of us need a good history book...

@BABerean2

Are you denying that the king of "Grecia" in Daniel 8 is Alexander the Great?

No.

Are you denying that Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated the temple during 167 BC?

No.

Are you denying that John 10:22 bears witness to the above?

No.
I am perplexed as to why you think John 10:22 has anything to do with this.

"Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter." John 10:22
Are you saying there is no relationship between Daniel chapter 8, and Hanukkah?
I think the point is...Jesus celebrated the Feast of Dedication...so it definitely gives credence to the fact that Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated the temple as well as the rededication after the temple was cleansed.
Very interesting comments. I was looking for sites on the similarity between A Epiphanes and General Titus in 70ad Jerusalem. What ya think?

Ligonier Ministries

In 168 BC, the Greek king Antiochus IV Epiphanes invaded Jerusalem and captured the city. He marched into the Jewish temple, erected a statue of the Greek god Zeus, and sacrificed a pig on the altar of incense. This provoked a revolt in Judea as the Jews fought to remove Antiochus’ sacrilege from the temple. Under the leadership of the Maccabees, the Jews drove Antiochus and his army out, and the Jews gained control of their land for about one hundred years until Pompey, an acclaimed Roman general, captured the Holy Land and brought it under Roman rule.

Many ancient Jews viewed the actions of Antiochus Epiphanes as the fulfillment of Daniel 9:27, which says, “On the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate.” However, the time frame in verses 24–27 begins with the decree of Cyrus that sent the Jews back to their land after the exile (Ezra 1).

This makes it impossible that Daniel’s prophecy refers to Antiochus Epiphanes. The year 186 BC was far too early to fit the prophecy—but the year AD 70 was not. In that year, the Roman general Titus invaded Jerusalem to crush a Jewish revolt, entered the temple, had the building destroyed, and carried off the lampstand and other temple artifacts to Rome.

It seems incontrovertible that Titus’ actions were the specific fulfillment of Jesus’ warning in Mark 13:14 about the “abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be.” After all, the parallel verse in Matthew 24:15 says that the abomination would stand in “the holy place,” a clear reference to the temple. Christ told the disciples that when they saw the abomination, they were to flee the city. They were not to return from the field for their possessions if they were out working the crops. If they were on the roof of their home, they were not to enter the home before eeing; rather, they were to scurry down the outdoor staircases (most houses in Judea had flat roofs that people accessed via an outdoor staircase) and flee. The flight would be so perilous that winter travel would be dificult and pregnant women would find it hard to keep up (Mark 13:14–20).

Josephus, the Jewish historian who gives us the clearest first hand account of Jerusalem’s fall, reports that the Jewish Christians in Judea heeded Jesus’ warning. When the city and temple fell, more than one million Jews died. But Jewish Christians, by and large, were not among them, for they had already fled the city when they saw the Romans coming.
================================
Is there a "gap" in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9"
  1. No
    26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Yes
    26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. *
    I don't know
    1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Other
    1 vote(s)
    1.9%

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems incontrovertible that Titus’ actions were the specific fulfillment of Jesus’ warning in Mark 13:14 about the “abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be.” After all, the parallel verse in Matthew 24:15 says that the abomination would stand in “the holy place,” a clear reference to the temple.
The abomination of desolation is not referring to Titus, nor anything Titus did, because Antiochus in Daniel 11:31 had already prefigured what the abomination of desolation in Daniel 12:11 would be, a statue image of a false god.

And Daniel 12:4 puts it in the end times, when 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like the 70 weeks of Daniel is a popular topic in Christianity today, so I thought I would create one and include a poll. I also am interested in discussing this.

YLT)
Daniel 9:
24 ‘Sevens, seventy are determined for thy people, and for thy holy city, to shut up the transgression, and to seal up sins, and to cover iniquity, and to bring in righteousness age-during, and to seal up vision and prophet, and to anoint the holy of holies.
25 And thou dost know, and dost consider wisely, from the going forth of the word to restore and to build Jerusalem till Messiah the Leader [is] seven weeks, and sixty and two weeks: the broad place hath been built again, and the rampart, even in the distress of the times.
26 And after the sixty and two weeks, cut off is Messiah, and the city and the holy place are not his, the Leader who hath come doth destroy the people; and its end [is] with a flood, and till the end [is] war, determined [are] desolations.
27 And he hath strengthened a covenant with many — one week, and [in] the midst of the week he causeth sacrifice and present to cease, and by the wing of abominations he is making desolate, even till the consummation, and that which is determined is poured on the desolate one.’

In this prophecy. There are clear sign posts that we miss at our own peril as far as our understanding End Times. The prophecy has as its starting point the issuing of the decree to rebuilt the destroyed temple and city of Jerusalem. That period of years to total a Week of Yearsor 49 years 7 weeks of seven year periods. From the time of the finished rebuilding would then be made up of 62 more weeks of years 62 units of seven years each totaling 434 years and this would be marked as its end by the sacrifice of the Lord. This brought the prophecy of the 70 Weeks of Years to a total of 69 Weeks of the 70 Weeks prophecy. That period ended with the death of Messiah our Passover Lamb. Now there remains one Week of Years left which is the last seven year period we call the Tribulation. This period of seven years begins when anti-Christ comes and runs seven years until anti-Crist and the unholy- Spirit are defeated. With their defeat the 70 Weeks of Years has been fulfilled

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this prophecy. There are clear sign posts that we miss at our own peril as far as our understanding End Times. The prophecy has as its starting point the issuing of the decree to rebuilt the destroyed temple and city of Jerusalem. That period of years to total a Week of Yearsor 49 years 7 weeks of seven year periods. From the time of the finished rebuilding would then be made up of 62 more weeks of years 62 units of seven years each totaling 434 years and this would be marked as its end by the sacrifice of the Lord. This brought the prophecy of the 70 Weeks of Years to a total of 69 Weeks of the 70 Weeks prophecy. That period ended with the death of Messiah our Passover Lamb. Now there remains one Week of Years left which is the last seven year period we call the Tribulation. This period of seven years begins when anti-Christ comes and runs seven years until anti-Crist and the unholy- Spirit are defeated. With their defeat the 70 Weeks of Years has been fulfilled

Do you think the angel Gabriel came to reveal the timeline of the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and then the angel failed to even mention the New Covenant?

The following comes from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the eschatology forum, Vicky.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here's the question:

When were Gentile ever allowed to enter the temple?

-When the Romans entered the temple, they went into holy place, and the most holy place during it's destruction. It is most certainly desecrated to the Jewish mind.

God struck King Uzziah with leprosy for entering the temple...what was that about?

Matthew gave his warning this way...Matthew 24:15-16
15 “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
16 then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.

Mark gave the warning this way...Mark 13:14:
14 “But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be (let the reader understand), then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.

Luke gave the warning this way...Luke 21:20-22:
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.
21 Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city;
22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.

As Daniel speaks of the AOD in Daniel 11:
29 “At the appointed time he will return and come into the South, but this last time it will not turn out the way it did before.
30 For ships of Kittim will come against him; therefore he will be disheartened and will return and become enraged at the holy covenant and take action; so he will come back and show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant.
31 Forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation.
32 By smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action.
33 Those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days.

Hmmmm...

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the angel Gabriel came to reveal the timeline of the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and then the angel failed to even mention the New Covenant?

The following comes from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

The problem is resolved when we see it is not The Lord Jesus Christ spoken Of Here But The Anti-Christ. How will he cause the temple worship as done will be he sets himself up in the temple and claims to be the fulfillment of Scriptures prophecies, Old Testament that is.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is resolved when we see it is not The Lord Jesus Christ spoken Of Here But The Anti-Christ. How will he cause the temple worship as done will be he sets himself up in the temple and claims to be the fulfillment of Scriptures prophecies, Old Testament that is.
Yes, the entire Old Testament was like a huge light and it became focused like a laser when the Light of the World became flesh. This was to be like those signs seen at airports asking for someone the person has never met. But instead of people making the sign asking about Christ all the information to know the Messiah had been presented to Israel. Isaiah 53 speaks of those who have not believed the prophecies they had been sent as Prophets to Israel to give them.

The New Covenant is not new in the sense of not having already been but new in the sense of further revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The word "antichrist" does not appear in Daniel 9, nor in the whole of the OT.

There is in fact no ancient Hebrew word for "antichrist".

Ergo, Daniel 9 cannot be referring to "antichrist".

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word "antichrist" does not appear in Daniel 9, nor in the whole of the OT.

There is in fact no ancient Hebrew word for "antichrist".

Ergo, Daniel 9 cannot be referring to "antichrist".

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely correct anti-christ is nowhere to be found in the O. t. But he is still there in shadow form such as pharaoh or Goliath being pictures of him if you will. Goliath is linked to the number 666 in the account concerning him. If this being in Daniel 9 is not anti-christ then who is he because he is doing exactly what anti-christ does in the temple at the exact time anti-christ will be doing it. Awkward for one of them

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely correct anti-christ is nowhere to be found in the O. t. But he is still there in shadow form such as pharaoh or Goliath being pictures of him if you will. Goliath is linked to the number 666 in the account concerning him. If this being in Daniel 9 is not anti-christ then who is he because he is doing exactly what anti-christ does in the temple at the exact time anti-christ will be doing it. Awkward for one of them

What word(s) in Daniel 9 do you believe refer(s) to antichrist?

Upvote 0