✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Seated at the right hand of the Father.

I do believe in the literal, physical resurrection of the body (which was glorified) and His ascension into heaven.

(Wondering what kind of follow-up challenge THIS will elicit ... )

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Where is the body of Jesus right now?

At the right hand of the Father.

When Jesus rose from the dead, did he rise in human form? If so, is that human body still intact?
Resurrection doesn't make sense apart from a physical, material undoing of death. The tomb is empty.

Where is it?
Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. That's the only answer you will be able to get for this question.

If he didn't rise in human form, what happened to his skeletal remains?
If there were skeletal remains then He didn't rise at all, but remained dead. If He did not rise, then His remains deteriorated and decayed; and Christianity is one tremendous farce to be rejected by everyone as worthless.

There is no meaning in Christianity apart from Jesus, the man, rising from the dead.

As the late Jaraslov Pelikan said, "If Jesus is risen from the dead, then nothing else matters; if Jesus is not risen, then nothing matters."

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Akureyri said:
He is ascended and enthroned at the right hand of the father.
When Jesus rose from the dead, did he rise in human form? If so, is that human body still intact?
Yes. That's what resurrection is.

I wonder if you are coming from the misconception of "heaven" as a non-physical, bodiless, existence.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Emil Rez52 said:
The "right hand" of the Father is a metaphor. lol
Of course it is. What other language could possibly say anything meaningful about "heaven"?
That said, I imagine it's probably attached to the rest of Him, in heaven, the spiritual realm, somewhere. I highly doubt He is just sitting there on a throne all day.
The point about enthronement is not being glued to a fancy chair.

in case it needs to be said, spiritual is not opposed to physical in historic Jewish and Christian thinking.

Upvote 0

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

When Jesus rose from the dead, did he rise in human form? If so, is that human body still intact? Where is it?

Yes Jesus rose in human form, and after spending 40 days on the Earth rose up into Heaven to reside with God. These events are explained in Luke 24:50-52 as well as all of the other Gospels such as Matthew, John, and Mark.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "right hand" of the Father is a metaphor. lol

That said, I imagine it's probably attached to the rest of Him, in heaven, the spiritual realm, somewhere. I highly doubt He is just sitting there on a throne all day.

Queen Elizabeth is said to be continually "on the throne," but it's my understanding that she rarely actually sits on it.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
RDKirk said:
Queen Elizabeth is said to be continually "on the throne," but it's my understanding that she rarely actually sits on it.
In Britian "on the throne" tends to connote something else anyway; being continually "on the throne" would indicate a trip to the chemist is required.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When Jesus rose from the dead, did he rise in human form? If so, is that human body still intact? Where is it?

Jesus rose in material form and has been transferred to a dimension we're currently calling "Heaven."

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In Heaven.

He rose in a glorified human body that will no longer decay. It is located in Heaven.

This is made clear in the Book of Revelation because Jesus still identifies himself as the root and descendant of David. The Spirit of Jesus is eternal so the only way he could call himself the root and descendant of David is if he continues to have a human body in Heaven.

“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” (Revelation 22:16)

Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
Godly spirit having a human experience
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

It doesn't exist. When Jesus reentered his body after the crucifixion and the three days he was in Hell, he walked the earth for 40 days. But he told Mary who saw him returned to life that she could not touch him because he had not yet ascended to his father.
Jesus body was no longer flesh and blood but light. He was spirit manifest without the flesh that had acted as a container of the holy spirit when he was alive as the son of man.

Jesus spirit is returned to the source, to God. Jesus was God. And God is a spirit.
There is no body at all.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't exist. When Jesus reentered his body after the crucifixion and the three days he was in Hell, he walked the earth for 40 days. But he told Mary who saw him returned to life that she could not touch him because he had not yet ascended to his father.
Jesus body was no longer flesh and blood but light. He was spirit manifest without the flesh that had acted as a container of the holy spirit when he was alive as the son of man.

I think you need to check your timing as shown in the Gospel of John. Jesus told Mary not to touch Him on the very morning of His resurrection, but it was eight days after that that Thomas physically handled Him.

He was a material being when He ascended to heaven, and Paul testifies that He is a material being because we will be resurrected and ascend as material beings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Stone Butterfly said:
It doesn't exist. When Jesus reentered his body after the crucifixion and the three days he was in Hell, he walked the earth for 40 days. But he told Mary who saw him returned to life that she could not touch him because he had not yet ascended to his father. Jesus body was no longer flesh and blood but light. He was spirit manifest without the flesh that had acted as a container of the holy spirit when he was alive as the son of man. Jesus spirit is returned to the source, to God. Jesus was God. And God is a spirit. There is no body at all.
That's not Christian belief.

Upvote 0
A

Akureyri

At the right hand of the Father.

Resurrection doesn't make sense apart from a physical, material undoing of death. The tomb is empty.

Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. That's the only answer you will be able to get for this question.

If there were skeletal remains then He didn't rise at all, but remained dead. If He did not rise, then His remains deteriorated and decayed; and Christianity is one tremendous farce to be rejected by everyone as worthless.

There is no meaning in Christianity apart from Jesus, the man, rising from the dead.

As the late Jaraslov Pelikan said, "If Jesus is risen from the dead, then nothing else matters; if Jesus is not risen, then nothing matters."

-CryptoLutheran
Then where are the bone fragments which made up the skeletal structure of Jesus?

If there are no bone fragments, then where did the physical matter which made up his bone fragments go?

Upvote 0
A

Akureyri

He is ascended and enthroned at the right hand of the father. Yes. That's what resurrection is.

I wonder if you are coming from the misconception of "heaven" as a non-physical, bodiless, existence.
When I ask where the body of Jesus is, I mean physical or geographic location.

Do you know what the physical or geographic location of Jesus skeletal remains is?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this location within a million miles of planet Earth?

Is this location closer to the North Pole than to the South Pole?

Different universe. Rotate 90 degrees out of three-d space and you're there. It's better to be slightly elevated before rotating to take as little solid matter with you as possible.

Upvote 0