Where is liberal Christian love for the intolerant?

1Feather

Sep 19, 2013
✟804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even sadder is how many "Christians" seem to care for nothing else besides who is getting married, and equate gay marriage to "outlawing all morality, decency and Godly values."

It's beyond sad, it's horrifying really.

Are you the token liberal that someone referred to earlier?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, He's not "pro gay or pro adultery"

He's pro people.
He came to free us FROM those things that will destroy us.
THAT's a message of love.

And that's really where the rubber meets the road, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God loves sinners but hates sin. A contrite sinner who seeks obedience loves God, a sinner who does not seek obedience loves only their self. The Greatest commandment is to love God.

I think this is safe to say.

The 2nd is to love your neighbor as yourself.

This I think might be the difference in emphasis.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't it be antithetical then for any Christian to argue that we remain in those sins and be accepted as those who are proudly unrepentant of them?
You'd think so.
Not only that but cruel and hateful too.
Embracing your sisters bondage to booze
or sex or anything else that's going to keep
her in bondage

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does loving your neighbor entail condoning their sin?

Where, indeed. Who is saying that they condone sin -- or not?

From the OP, is it a sin to be of another race? I do not think so.

Is it a sin to be gay? I do not think so.

Upvote 0

1Feather

Sep 19, 2013
✟804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You'd think so.
Not only that but cruel and hateful too.
Embracing your sisters bondage to booze
or sex or anything else that's going to keep
her in bondage

I would indeed. What then is the point of Christ dying so as to free the world from sin? If there are Christians arguing what seems to be a revised doctrine that says Christ was OK with certain sins and it is then those who do not agree with that that are to be condemned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

prov1810

Being judgmental isn't a peculiarly religious (or liberal or conservative) trait. It's a human trait.

I'm pro-life and economically liberal, and I've spent a lot of time on different political forums, and no group has a monopoly on invective or paranoia or sanctimony. The New Atheists really are as Manichean as their fundamentalist counterparts. Made for each other.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Only if you twist the Scripture enough to make it work.
But we know who's twisting and why he does it.
Because he HATES us and wants to deceive us.
Of course it's a sin to practice sex with someone you're
not married to and of course it's sin to have sex with someone
of your own gender.

But you'll see, next thing will be marrying children or
marrying your pets.. WHY NOT? IT"S MY CHOICE who i have
sex with
:preach::preach::preach:

I would indeed. What then is the point of Christ dying so as to free the world from sin? If there are Christians arguing what seems to be a revised doctrine that says Christ was OK with certain sins and it is then those who do not agree with that that are to be condemned.
It's a lie from hell designed to kill steal and destroy.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because you must be born again to see the kingdom.
So many in our country that go to church on Sunday.
They might be missing the forest for the trees.
All I can figure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Who is they?

I agree. We are all made in the image of God.

Is not a sin to be gay but it is a sin to practice homosexuality. And this is as far as I'm going to discuss this topic given the posting rules of CF.

Upvote 0

TheGMan

Follower of Jesus of Nazareth
Aug 25, 2005
London
✟9,761.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Wouldn't it be antithetical then for any Christian to argue that we remain in those sins and be accepted as those who are proudly unrepentant of them?
I think there's a difference between believing something to be a sin and being unrepentant of it, and not believing it to be a sin. Isn't Romans 14 really on the nail here?

The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

We can respect one another for obeying G-d speaking through our conscience - even if we think the other has misheard. And we should admit, on all sides, that we don't know what G-d is saying to anyone else through their own conscience. We must look to the beam in our own eye.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being judgmental isn't a peculiarly religious (or liberal or conservative) trait. It's a human trait.

I'm pro-life and economically liberal, and I've spent a lot of time on different political forums, and no group has a monopoly on invective or paranoia or sanctimony. The New Atheists really are as Manichean as their fundamentalist counterparts. Made for each other.

Tis true.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering - don't people who are anti-gay or racist need God's love just like anyone else in the world?

i recall the bible also says that those who judge without mercy will receive the same . so though you make a good point . it seems the bible explains how people receive them

Upvote 0

1Co13

Sep 18, 2013
✟512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Homosexuality is sin. Im not condemning anyone, just stating a fact. And im not looking down on gays either, for the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness, and we are all sinners. We are taught to flee the works of flesh and to be spiritually minded, to think about pure things.

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Ro 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Ro 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Ro 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Ro 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ro 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Ro 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Ro 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Ro 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Ro 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Ro 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1Jo 3:1 ¶ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1Jo 3:4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

Upvote 0