Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sooooo, how long will it be until Joe holds his first, no holds barred, no time restrictions, no handlers by his side, no questions off limits, White House press conference? It's very strange that he's been in office several weeks, and so far ... nothing.

Discuss....

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sooooo, how long will it be until Joe holds his first, no holds barred, no time restrictions, no handlers by his side, no questions off limits, White House press conference? It's very strange that he's been in office several weeks, and so far ... nothing.

Discuss....
He's not going to.

Reason #1 is that he is still trying to show he is different than President Trump. He is trying to show that he is reasoned, methodical, and does not give "off the cuff" remarks.

Reason #2 is that there is real reason to believe he is not capable of giving cognizant remarks without prompts.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Discuss....
I'm guessing Biden's doing his job. Instead of inciting craziness, violence , lies , brainwashing and looking like a fool.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing Biden's doing his job. Instead of inciting craziness, violence , lies , brainwashing and looking like a fool.
That’s what would happen if he gave a press conference?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Discuss....

I have never heard of any President who gave a no holds barred, no time restrictions, no handlers by his side, no questions off limits, White House press conference. There are always rules for such an event. Additionally, there is a reason that any President has a Press Secretary to handle such matters.

So far, he is attending to the important business of the country and doing a great job.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Discuss....

Didn't we already have Joe telling us that there were no vaccines when he took office - even though he got vaccinated Dec 21, 2020 and there were over 50 million in inventory at the time?

How much of that do you really want?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He's not going to.

Reason #1 is that he is still trying to show he is different than President Trump. He is trying to show that he is reasoned, methodical, and does not give "off the cuff" remarks.

Reason #2 is that there is real reason to believe he is not capable of giving cognizant remarks without prompts.

Except that he has appeared numerous times making remarks without prompts.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Didn't we already have Joe telling us that there were no vaccines when he took office - even though he got vaccinated Dec 21, 2020 and there were over 50 million in inventory at the time?

How much of that do you really want?

How did you come up with this? He has been 110% truthful about COVID-19, vaccines, etc. and is leading the effort to have all Americans that are eligible vaccinated ASAP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except that he has appeared numerous times making remarks without prompts.
For short periods, yes, and generally without taking questions.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The man's busy -- the office's last occupant left an awful mess behind.

I'd rather be confident that the man is doing his job than go fishing for compliments about how well he's doing it.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I have seen him making statements, in the news. So, even if he does not hold a press conference, he does make appearances . . . in the news.

there is real reason to believe he is not capable of giving cognizant remarks without prompts.
He seemed to be able to keep ahead of Donald, during the debates. If he was being prompted . . . he is pretty able to hear prompts and then talk like he is being spontaneous. And I could understand what he said. So, if he was incognizant, I must have some decoding app in my head. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I heard things being said quite clearly. There were times when Donald seemed, to me, to be constantly trash-mouthing and interfering with Joe during Joe's agreed-upon speaking time; but still Joe answered clearly and stayed on track . . . in the debating that I saw :)

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are lots of kinds of press "conferences" by the president. Appearing solo to answer questions (perhaps after a statement) is one.

Trump stopped this type quickly in favor of carefully orchestrated times when he took a couple of questions when with a foreign leader.

Obama didn't like the solos, but gave them one a month. He preferred in-depth interviews where he could answer at length.

Bush Junior gave only 7 solos in his first 2 years.

MY BOTTOM LINE
I am fine with president speaking through his press secretary daily. I wouldn't expect any more information with Biden on stage to answer the questions. I also appreciate the conferences by others in the administration, as well as the availability of administration folks to the various congressional committees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

We feel he looks the fool when he does say something.

Apparently he is going to skip the state of the union address.

The papers here ( see SCMP for English) report his son
Hunter is director of a "state backed" corporation in China.

Joe B. denies knowledge of his sons'
business dealings ...how can he NOT know??

Seriously!

There is very little confidence pres Biden here.

Its depressing to witness.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He's not going to.

I'll pick Door #2.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We feel he looks the fool when he does say something.
Who is "we"?

Apparently he is going to skip the state of the union address.
Just as the last six presidents before him did not give a State of the Union address in their first year in office.
usatoday said:
While the U.S. Constitution says the president “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient,” it does not set a timeline.

The last six presidents also have not delivered an official State of the Union during the year in which they were inaugurated, according to the Congressional Research Service.
Source: USAToday Factcheck

The papers here ( see SCMP for English) report his son
Hunter is director of a "state backed" corporation in China.
That is true.
NYPost said:
https://nypost.com/2021/02/05/hunter-biden-working-to-unwind-investment-in-chinese-firm/
In response to a question from The Post, White House press secretary Jen Psaki acknowledged that Hunter Biden was still an investor in Bohai Harvest RST (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund Management Co., known as BHR.

Joe B. denies knowledge of his sons'
business dealings ...how can he NOT know??
Rhetorical question?

There is very little confidence pres Biden here.

Its depressing to witness.
For you, perhaps, but not for the 80 million here who voted for him. I have found the change in administrations heartening as have the folk I've talked to about this.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will only side with the US public

There are 16 major problems the US is facing and has been failing to fix since WW2

Instead there is endless quibbling about the details and keeping politics as a game similar to the Superbowl

Big show when red or blue wins, no real idea what either is going to do for anyone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.