Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Is 7:14 a Virgin (perpetual) shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular)

A Virgin is a perpetual Virgin by vow to God!

Not a maiden, not a woman who has not had sex, but a perpetual Virgin, there’s no reason to be a perpetual Virgin unless you make of sacrifice of your virginity to a God!

Lk 1 only make sense if she is a perpetual Virgin, for even the promise to become the mother of God and the mother of our salvation is not enough to obtain Her consent if it violates Her vow of perpetual virginity!

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

Eve consented to the fall, and God required Mary to consent to our redemption and salvation both in the annunciation and at the cross!

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Mary our hope is the spouse of the Holy Spirit and your assertions are offensive at least to my pius ears if not to the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And she consented to be the mother of God Lk 1:43 and she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
s 7:14 a Virgin (perpetual) shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular)

You added the word perpetual, we cannot add to God's word like that.

Yes, it was prophesized that a virgin would conceive and she did. But you still have provided no scripture that she gave a vow for perpetual virginity.

And have provided no scripture that she remained a virgin after Christ was born. The scriptures say just the opposite.

The Hebrew word for virgin in that verse is halmah has been used in several other verses in the OT. It means, maid, damsel, virgin.
It does not mean perpetual virgin.

Where are your scriptures that say Mary remained a perpetual virgin? I have provided scripture that says her husband did not know her until Christ was born. Meaning at some point, he did know her she did not remain a virgin.

You are posting scriptures that have nothing to do with saying Mary remained a perpetual virgin. It is not in God's word.

Mary is that field!
This is also not biblical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mary our hope is the spouse of the Holy Spirit
Scripture for this as well?

I'm sorry your offended but I'm strictly a scripture person. If something isn't biblical, that's enough for me.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Is Jesus the pearl of great price? Then Mary is the field cos He is always found with Her!

if she did not make a vow of perpetual virginity to God there would be no reason to ask how shall this be, and say “I do not know man”

Is Mary the mother of our salvation?

I don’t do miracles, I can’t heal spiritual blindness, but God can! Ask and you shall receive!

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if she did not make a vow of perpetual virginity to God there would be no reason to ask how shall this be, and say “I do not know man”

She asked him because she was a virgin, meaning she hadn't had sex with anyone. She was asking him how was it possible seeing how she hadn't been with anyone before. It's not that hard to understand.

Can you at least post one scripture that says she was a perpetual virgin? The only scriptures I have ever seen are saying Mary was a virgin plain and simple when she conceived. But nowhere in scripture does it say she remained one after Christ's birth. Not one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t do miracles, I can’t heal spiritual blindness, but God can! Ask and you shall receive!

Believe me, God has opened my eyes when it comes to many doctrines that aren't biblical. If they were biblical, I would believe them.

Luke 1:26 "And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,"

Luke 1:27 "To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary."

Mary was already engaged to Joseph before Gabriel had even talked to her. She obviously had made no vow of perpetual virginity.

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
How do you know, Joseph also made a vow of chastity, And the Bible says Jesus is the only child of Mary and He is the Son of God! That which is born of Her is holy!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

ask the spouse of Mary to help you!

Upvote 0